Widgets Magazine
Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: OKC Energy FC

Default Re: OKC Energy FC

Badr played well during the USOC. Pretty aggressive in goal, good reactions, quick feet. I think he'll do well

Great win last night, played some really beautiful attacking soccer in the first half, really could have been 4-0.

It was fun last night. I will definitely be back. It was good to see Medranda on the filed last night. He is really fun to watch.

4. Default Re: OKC Energy FC

USL Pro table from 07/14/2014

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Uslprotable.JPG 
Views:	172 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	8644

Quote Originally Posted by andrewmperry View Post
    USL Pro table from 07/14/2014

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Uslprotable.JPG 
Views:	172 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	8644
    Surging and coming together at the right time. The should beat Arizona Thursday but LA will be tough on Saturday.

Blog Entries

Does anybody know what happens if we go to the playoffs and have a home games and thus a conflict with McGuiness football season, which starts with a home game (they should have planned that better know the possibility for extended seasons)?

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Does anybody know what happens if we go to the playoffs and have a home games and thus a conflict with McGuiness football season, which starts with a home game (they should have planned that better know the possibility for extended seasons)?
    Um, just play the Saturday after a McGuiness game.

Blog Entries

Their first two games are home games I believe. Unless you mean after the game on the same day, but then they have to re-setup the venue for the Energy identity, right?

Blog Entries

Energy FC Re: OKC Energy FC

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Should USL-Pro soccer extend beyond the regular season; there are probably dates available for you to use Pribil Stadium which doesn't conflict with McGuiness High School football. Most of the Irish football games are scheduled on Friday nights.

"Oklahoma City looks oh-so pretty... ...as I get my kicks on Route 66." --Nat King Cole.

I don't know the Irish schedule, but the USL Pro post season schedule is already laid out. From Wikipedia:

" The 2014 USL PRO Playoffs will include the top eight finishers in the table, with the quarterfinals (No. 1 vs. No. 8, No. 2 vs. No. 7, etc.) set for the weekend of September 12–14. The semifinals featuring the four remaining teams will be played the following weekend, with the 2014 USL PRO Championship set for the weekend of September 26–28. All playoff rounds feature a single-game knockout format and teams will not be re-seeded following each round."

Also interesting to note, the 5-0 loss to the Galaxy at their place is the biggest home win of the year for any team in the USL. We are also are on the board with one of the biggest road wins of the year when we beat Arizona at their place.

So I was curious, so I looked up the BM football schedule. Looks like they are away for the first two weeks of the playoffs and are home when the final would be played. Considering our position on the table, I doubt we would have home field advantage for any of the games, but if we did, the only conflict would be the final.

The Schedule for September for McGuinness Football is
    Friday September 5th,2014 vs Shawnee 7:00 PM
    Friday September 12th,2014 at Bishop Kelley 7:00 PM
    Friday September 19th,2014 at Weatherford 7:00 PM
    Friday September 26th,2014 vs Guthrie 7:00 PM

So week 1 is at home and week 2 and 3 is away.So if Energy Host a Playoff Game likely they would been McGuinness Logo on the Field as with the Football Lines.There is no way McGuinness paint the Football Lines and then Remove them for Soccer playoffs.I think Energy FC and McGuinness has a plan in set if this does happen.

Blog Entries

Sorry for being incorrect about their schedule. My brother said he looked it up and that they were home.

The Energy will not host a playoff unless they get out of the bottom 4. As of right now with them being the #8 seed there would be no home playoff games

Blog Entries

Good to know thanks

We made it one half tonight, wifey's been fighting a cold. Watched the remainder on the YouTube feed, the ending was crazy and that center ref was awful

Quote Originally Posted by pahdz View Post
    We made it one half tonight, wifey's been fighting a cold. Watched the remainder on the YouTube feed, the ending was crazy and that center ref was awful
    I watched the game while I was at work. The refs lost control of that game. They couldn't keep the teams under control and at the very least there should have been 5 to 6 minutes of stoppage time. I think the refs knew they had lost control of the game and basically said. "F this. We are out."

Just a brutal loss last night. The B squad played well and we had several chances to win that game.

Quote Originally Posted by pahdz View Post
    Just a brutal loss last night. The B squad played well and we had several chances to win that game.
    Was there - my first Energy match! Enjoyed it a lot. Ref left a bit to be desired. Never seen a red card get rescinded before. Definitely sitting in the "fan zone" next time.

Blog Entries

Energy FC Re: OKC Energy FC

Impressive start:

A home sellout crowd of 4,102 were on hand against the Los Angeles Galaxy II. Impressive attendance for soccer on a night when the OKC RedHawks drew slightly over 10,600.

Galaxy II End Energy's Undefeated Run... ...United Soccer Leagues (USL)

Oklahoma City Energy FC (6-8-4) with ten home dates, an average attendance of 3,738; good for 5th among 14 league teams.

The Energy FC wants to solidify their fan base before the head-to-head competition when the NASL arrives in 2015.

"Oklahoma City looks oh-so pretty... ...as I get my kicks on Route 66." --Nat King Cole.

21. Default Re: OKC Energy FC

Greig is looking pretty good tonight with 2 goals so far at half.

Dumb question but how do I find the youtube link to watch live? This is killin me!

3 goals in 8 minutes was pretty fun to watch. Wish we could have held on in the second half to all 3 points.

forgot about last night's game, but 3-0 victory is great, need a W big time Saturday, weather should be great, hoping for a good crowd.

Thread Information