Widgets Magazine
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: NW 39th Street LGBTQ District

Default Re: NW 39th Street LGBTQ District

Quote Originally Posted by shartel_ave View Post
    All those areas you talking about are doing something with their communities,
    Agree. The 39th Street District is one of the only ones that is doing very little despite new public investment. No idea why.

2. Default Re: NW 39th Street LGBTQ District

Im not blaming anyone, I'm saying OKC needs to step it up. We always say OKC has lots of potential, but sitting on it while time goes by is just that.

Coop even admitted they missed out on WCWS. Yes it happens every year but this year was special with OUs back-to-back.

That's all I'm saying. And yes, while enclaves themselves may not have folks with the means - there surely exists plenty of $$ in OKC that do and are representative of our ethnic enclave communities. Eastside is notorious for using the race card (rightfully so in some cases) to get city funding - yet once the funding comes NOTHING gets done beyond whatever the city funded. Eastpoint is a good change of direction - I hope it continues, and would with a few new high quality residential additions.

OKC should do better, and none more than 39th.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

A" big" part of LGBT individuals tends to have deep disposable incomes and be somewhat affluent. They tend to eat at good restaurants, shop at high end places, travel frequently support the arts, sports and support many things monetarily! They have great pride! So I am sure that the gay community in OKC will step up to the plate and make this a more safe, clean, desirable district with more private investment.

4. Default Re: NW 39th Street LGBTQ District

progressive, I hope you're right. ...
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by progressiveboy View Post
    A" big" part of LGBT individuals tends to have deep disposable incomes and be somewhat affluent. They tend to eat at good restaurants, shop at high end places, travel frequently support the arts, sports and support many things monetarily! They have great pride! So I am sure that the gay community in OKC will step up to the plate and make this a more safe, clean, desirable district with more private investment.
    That’s a pretty broad brush caricature. More likely they follow normal demographics of the community as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by progressiveboy View Post
    That’s crazy you say “a big part”, majority of the lgbtq are just like everyone else in the majority of american citizens living paycheck to paycheck

To the post above, the folks who own the majority of properties on 39th have deep pockets, so any lack of improvement or renovation is unrelated to financial ability.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    To the post above, the folks who own the majority of properties on 39th have deep pockets, so any lack of improvement or renovation is unrelated to financial ability.
    That was not said in the post that I replied to

No need for semantics as you could apply that to any district in any city as there is always people with deep pockets but unfortunately those people usually don’t give a f’ck beyond the “what’s in it for me”

That’s why programs like MAPS are so important, let the people vote on where our tax dollars get invested instead of the Uber wealthy always looking to turn a profit for their personal gains

I wasn’t referring to your post. Chill.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Agree. The 39th Street District is one of the only ones that is doing very little despite new public investment. No idea why.
    Think its a bit early to say they are doing very little.. I mean the Public investment is very new.. so new in fact its not completed. I think we will see some progress or at least I am hopeful.

The District Hotel has done some remodeling.

The owners of The Boom bought and renovated that old car wash and it looks a hundred times better.

Angles reopened.

Indigo Lounge is brand new and yet to open.

There have been some new murals.

Things are in motion, just need more.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The owners of The Boom bought and renovated that old car wash and it looks a hundred times better..
    The one that's on 40th and Penn right up against the interchange? It's certainly much nicer looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
    Think its a bit early to say they are doing very little.. I mean the Public investment is very new.. so new in fact its not completed. I think we will see some progress or at least I am hopeful.
    I am hopeful, too, and don't mean to seem negative.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The District Hotel has done some remodeling.

The owners of The Boom bought and renovated that old car wash and it looks a hundred times better.

Angles reopened.

Indigo Lounge is brand new and yet to open.

There have been some new murals.

Things are in motion, just need more.
    Stopped by and visited the District Hotel area over the weekend. Looks as if they removed all of the trees and plants out around the pool and added concrete. Yikes! Where there used to be a lot of shade out there now there is none and it appears way hotter with the added concrete.

Overall the improvements are impressive, though the parking angle seems strange off of 39th street.

Here are some pictures of the inside of Indigo
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	indigo 2.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	2.92 MB 
ID:	17570

Name:	indigo 1.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	2.52 MB 
ID:	17571

Name:	indigo 3.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	1.86 MB 
ID:	17572

Name:	indigo 4.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	2.46 MB 
ID:	17573

Name:	indigo 5.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	3.16 MB 
ID:	17574

Quote Originally Posted by dtnatt View Post
    Here are some pictures of the inside of Indigo

Name:	indigo 2.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	2.92 MB 
ID:	17570

Name:	indigo 1.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	2.52 MB 
ID:	17571

Name:	indigo 3.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	1.86 MB 
ID:	17572

Name:	indigo 4.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	2.46 MB 
ID:	17573

Name:	indigo 5.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	3.16 MB 
ID:	17574
    This place looks great

That looks amazing. we have been waiting so long for it to open. any word on when? we desperately need a new cocktail lounge to hang at. with apothecary now only open Friday and Saturday it leaves a void in our happy hour.

I am hearing within the month, but i am trying to get a more firm date. As soon as I do i will post it on here. I think this place looks great and will have a different vibe then some of the other bars around. Its always great to have something new!

Agreed.. Apothecary has potential to be a similar vibe of more lounge and comfortable but inconsistency has not helped there. we love Phoenix but its not really a Happy hour vibe . look forward to hearing about the opening date for Indigo and giving them some love.

There's a Price Edward's for lease sign in front of Indigo. I'm sure it's for the empty building attached to Indigo. Hope someone lease it.

From their Instagram page. Indigo opening Friday.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Indigo opening.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	429.3 KB 
ID:	17630

Name:	PXL_20221002_205228699.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	1.98 MB 
ID:	17674

Name:	PXL_20221002_205238147.MP.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	4.24 MB 
ID:	17675

Name:	PXL_20221002_205251261.MP.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	3.43 MB 
ID:	17676

Name:	PXL_20221002_205309689.MP.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	3.68 MB 
ID:	17677

Name:	PXL_20221002_205317042.MP.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	3.61 MB 
ID:	17678

Another few months, the reverse angle parking is still not going so hot.

Probably a lot of people aren't confident of backing into a parking slot without hitting a neighboring car. But it might be easier to do than parallel parking.

Found this online under OKC real estate transactions: The Rainbow Cafe leased 877 sq ft of retail space at 2215 NW 39th. Chris Roberts and Ernst handled the transaction.
    There's been some activity this week at a space next door to the Indigo. Hope this turns out to be a really cool cafe! Here's a pic of that property. The space with the big store front windows is the space that I've seen the activity in.

Name:	2215-NW-39th-St-Oklahoma-City-OK-IMG_3520-Custom-1-Large.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	17722

Thread Information