Widgets Magazine
Page 18 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: OnCue OKC Expansion

1. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Yassssss

edit: Can you not post with all caps?

Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Dirt work has just started at 164th and SH 74.

This is the site at NW Expressway & Blackwelder. They just filed for their full building permits, so will probably be another month or two before they get busy.

Any idea if this will be one of the locations with the new hot kitchen?

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Any idea if this will be one of the locations with the new hot kitchen?
    I suspect it will be as they are going back and adding kitchens to several of their locations.

I'll post the building plans when I get them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This is the site at NW Expressway & Blackwelder. They just filed for their full building permits, so will probably be another month or two before they get busy.

I live in the neighborhood to the south and a few people I have talked to seem to be against the OnCue going in (not that they can do anything about it now), but personally I'm excited because I think OnCue does a great job of keeping their stores clean and I don't ever feel like they attract the same negative attention that other convenience stores do.

Any of my neighbors worried about increased traffic down Blackwelder shouldn't worry too much. People will stop cutting through whenever they realize this neighborhood has some of the most poorly maintained residential streets in the city.

Quote Originally Posted by AnguisHerba View Post
    Any of my neighbors worried about increased traffic down Blackwelder shouldn't worry too much. People will stop cutting through whenever they realize this neighborhood has some of the most poorly maintained residential streets in the city.
    Haha... I've driven through there a few times and can verify that!

Complete resurfacing for the area bounded by N Penn, Classen Blvd, NW 39th, and NW 50th is actually on the 2018 Go Bond project list, but when I asked the city's PIO about it they couldn't give me a timeline. Sometime before 2029, I guess.

I live in the neighborhood to the south and a few people I have talked to seem to be against the OnCue going in (not that they can do anything about it now), but personally I'm excited because I think OnCue does a great job of keeping their stores clean and I don't ever feel like they attract the same negative attention that other convenience stores do.

I don't live in this neighborhood, but I can understand the concerns about the traffic flow since there's no direct access to NW Expressway and no real turn lanes on Blackwelder at that light. This is also going to be an exceptionally busy store due to the lack of other fuel options in the area.

I'm near 122nd and MacArthur and I am hoping beyond hope that they will put one near here. Somewhere on MacArthur between memorial and Hefner would be great. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeLucky View Post
    I'm near 122nd and MacArthur and I am hoping beyond hope that they will put one near here. Somewhere on MacArthur between memorial and Hefner would be great. Lol.
    I live near there as well and am hoping for the same!

12. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

I live in that neighborhood as well, and you guys aren't lying. I don't think I've seen worse roads anywhere in the city.

That's like impressive, to have the worst roads in a city that overall has some of the worst roads in the country.

At least there's money to fix it now?

Interesting situation for the intersection of Northwest Expressway and Blackwelder. OnCue will kill it at that location, no question, but the intersection will be a nightmare unless there's something to be done that we don't know about. The intersection is bad enough with traffic northbound out of Woodland Park and southbound from the Valliance Bank Tower. Not to mention the turn lanes on Northwest Expressway, and yielding traffic.

The roads in the neighborhood are beyond horrible which is a shame as it's one of the most eclectic up and coming neighborhoods. Some very nice historical homes on NW 41st, 42nd, and 43rd. Older homes throughout being bought for owner occupation and new houses going up in old lots everywhere you look. And then drive Georgia between 46th and 39th, great old homes. The neighborhood deserves better roads and gopokes88 said it quite right -- "That's like impressive, to have the worst roads in a city that overall has some of the worst roads in the country." Yep.
    Last edited by Mr. Blue Sky; 05-13-2018 at 12:09 AM. Reason: remove double word

Any information on why the construction has halted on the SW 104th and Santa Fe location??

On Cue really has nice stores that are clean, modern and great selection of items.

Quote Originally Posted by Tavia View Post
    Any information on why the construction has halted on the SW 104th and Santa Fe location??
    I think they are really struggling with the final design plans with the city on their permit. I suspect things may finally be breaking, though, because they just moved a Porta John and I think a building trailer on site. From what I can infer on the permit status, they really fought to wedge the larger building onto that relatively small parcel, but in so doing ran afoul of some secondary city rules about driveways and setbacks and such. They just got a revocable for landscaping and, I think, driveways, so that also leads me to believe that project is finally going to get rolling shortly.

This may have been discussed before, but has anybody ever had any issues with their gas pump card readers? Every single time I buy gas I have to enter my card twice because it can't read it the first time but it always works the 2nd time. "Invalid loyalty" is always the error but I get the same error with different credit cards.

Its became so annoying that I've pretty much abandoned buying gas their now.

19. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by jccouger View Post
    This may have been discussed before, but has anybody ever had any issues with their gas pump card readers? Every single time I buy gas I have to enter my card twice because it can't read it the first time but it always works the 2nd time. "Invalid loyalty" is always the error but I get the same error with different credit cards.

I used to have some issues with my Phillips 66 gas card not authorizing but once I figured out the trick to get it to work. I don't have any issue with it now.

Quote Originally Posted by jccouger View Post

Have you ever talked to a mgr? Emailed the company? PM OKBBQEA to see what his trick is, maybe it'll work for you.

21. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Have you ever talked to a mgr? Emailed the company? PM OKBBQEA to see what his trick is, maybe it'll work for you.
    I was getting a different error but the trick was to be sure and slide the card all the way in, pause for a second, then yank it out quickly.

Tinker Federal has the same problem at their ATM's since they switched their debit cards to chips.... ATM never takes my card on the first try.

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    I was getting a different error but the trick was to be sure and slide the card all the way in, pause for a second, then yank it out quickly.

Tinker Federal has the same problem at their ATM's since they switched their debit cards to chips.... ATM never takes my card on the first try.
    Have to say the TransFund ATM at the OnCue on 36th/May has this problem too (and maybe others, but that's the only one I use) - put the chip card in, leave it in forever but it never prompts for anything, so now I just put the card in, take it out, then put the card in again and it locks the card and starts doing what it's supposed to. Annoying.

23. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Have to say the TransFund ATM at the OnCue on 36th/May has this problem too (and maybe others, but that's the only one I use) - put the chip card in, leave it in forever but it never prompts for anything, so now I just put the card in, take it out, then put the card in again and it locks the card and starts doing what it's supposed to. Annoying.
    Yep... That's exactly how the TFCU ATM's behave.

No I haven't, but I will. I just wanted to know if it was a common issue or not.

Every ATM I have used has that issue. Insert card with chip, “take out card”, takes card out, “chip card must remain inserted, don’t take it out”, puts it back in...

It really annoys me, you’d think the machine could tell it was a chip card without having to remove it fjrst.

Thread Information