End of September.

Really looking forward to it.
    Sounds like the perfect OKCTalk meetup!

Default Re: Guyutes

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I will be there soon!

End of September.

Really looking forward to it.
    By the time you get here you'll have forgotten that Sidecar opened up!!! Your to-do list is already piling up!

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    By the time you get here you'll have forgotten that Sidecar opened up!!! Your to-do list is already piling up!
    I hit Sidecar twice last trip but didn't get to everything else.

My new to do list is already getting long with several more places set to open soon.

Nice problem to have!

Are we only talking about Mesta and HH because Guyutes is on the southside of 23rd? I saw both of those neighborhoods mentioned multiple times in this last page of the thread, but nothing mentioning Paseo/Edgemere/Central Park.

I only ask because I live in Central Park and the very reason I wanted to move where I did (2.5 years ago) had to do with the excitement I had for the future of 23rd. Now that future excitement is becoming a reality and I can hardly take it.

Some people fear the future. well, as much as anything they may simply fear their own fear of the future.

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyCornett View Post
    Are we only talking about Mesta and HH because Guyutes is on the southside of 23rd? I saw both of those neighborhoods mentioned multiple times in this last page of the thread, but nothing mentioning Paseo/Edgemere/Central Park.

I only ask because I live in Central Park and the very reason I wanted to move where I did (2.5 years ago) had to do with the excitement I had for the future of 23rd. Now that future excitement is becoming a reality and I can hardly take it.
    We're talking about HH/MP because they're the only groups who have vocalized any sort of organized concern.

2Lanez Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LAJJ View Post
    Same here... Every time I go I park on N.W. 23rd street. I haven't had a problem with parking at all...
    I did this Friday night. Someone side-swiped my car. No note, no phone number. Safe to say I should have parked in the neighborhood.

8. Default Re: Guyutes

Last night my motorcycle fit nicely on a protected corner drive/sidewalk island right by the front door.

Is this a "Phish-themed bar?" I've seen some snide, pejorative jokes on my Facebook feed about this.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Is this a "Phish-themed bar?" I've seen some snide, pejorative jokes on my Facebook feed about this.
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Guyute is a fish song

Wow. I don't know what to say other than I wish them much success. I think I was confused about this concept, thinking it was going to be more Latin inspired.

13. Default Re: Guyutes

Tried this place out yesterday. We sat on the rooftop which is absolutely amazing. The service and food was good as well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0742.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	418.7 KB 
ID:	11407 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0744.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	522.5 KB 
ID:	11408

Checked it out this past weekend.

Only drank, so no food comments. Went Saturday night. Place looks fantastic, downstairs was pretty dead - rooftop was packed. The layout is a little odd, I feel like they crammed as many tables as they could and didn't really leave room to move around. The bar is in the back, which makes getting drinks and going back to the drink rail to 'hang out' difficult. I think it would be largely improved if 3 tables or so were removed from the roof. There needs to be more of a clear path/lounging area for people to just enjoy the rooftop, without being served at a table.

Bartenders were nice, but not very attentive. No big deal, they seemed overwhelmed anyways. $2 Red Peak special is pretty great.

15. Default Re: Guyutes

This place is the tale of two cities...err...bars. The rooftop is AWESOME and a HUGE hit, and I have yet to see customers downstairs...at all. Obviously part of that has to do with how great the roof is and also the time of year, so hopefully the crowds upstairs move downstairs when the weather turns, but I'm not so sure. The inside space is limited by lack of windows, but as a friend pointed out to me The Mule is hugely successful inside with a very similarly dealt hand, space-wise. I think it's more about the current layout, furnishings, lighting (and perhaps lack of the last two items), etc., but the interior feels sortof dank and foreboding.

It seems very interesting to me, since I went on a Saturday night, that I saw something just the opposite of most people. The downstairs was packed and the rooftop was no more than 1/4 full all of the time I was there. There were no weather issues at all that could have affected that.

17. Default Re: Guyutes

Mixup on my tab the other night. I came in to discuss (and have a drink). They checked into it while I sipped upstairs. Came upstairs and apologized for the mixup; I suggested we just apply the difference to my tab, which the owner agreed to. But when I went to tab, my entire bill was taken care of. Nice guys, nice place. I'm really pulling for them. BTW also had some appies, and they were fantastic. Did I mention they have an excellent beer selection?

They will be open at 11AM starting on Monday.

Pete, I was there last night for dinner and found out they will start opening at 11:00 a.m. today, Monday, Sept 14th, 2015. So their new hours of operation will be daily Monday thru Sunday (Every day of the week) 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 a.m. - It will be nice to have a new lunch place to go.

I stopped here for dinner on Thursday. It was a beautiful night and the rooftop was packed. There were some people downstairs and I kind of liked the indoor space -- which has not receieved great reviews here. They seemed to a little understaffed and it took a bit long to get that first drink, but the food was great and the server nice. They livestreamed a Phish concert -- I assume it was Phish -- on the wall and a table of people near us showed up just to watch it. It definitely had a Venice, California feel to me. It's just very idiosyncratic, which was nice. If you haven't been I recommend giving this place a try.

Went here on Friday night. Overall, it was a pretty good, fun experience. The upstairs bar was packed and people seemed to love it up there. I sat downstairs, and the atmosphere down there was a little off, but not bad. It could use a bit of work. The food is really not good. My table had three different items and none of them were good. The staff was realy nice and helpful. They have a good beer selection. I'll think they'll do well, especially as 23rd keeps getting better.

We went on Saturday for the first time. the food was great! I highly recommend the sun Fries appetizer! We ate inside and the inside feels very unfinished. tables kind of sparsely thrown into the space and just feels incomplete. We had a drink after dinner on the deck and much better vibe up there.

This place is amazing. So many times I've said in past year "wow this is a real game changer for OKC" - but there's something about guyutes that's particularly brilliant and unique.

It's just mind boggling to me that they could face such strong opposition from the NIMBYs. Everyone who opposed this awesomeness should be banned from ever experiencing it IMO.

I keep considering going to check this place out, but I don't want to be there if they are streaming Phish concerts. LOL. Any advice on when to go to avoid this?

I'd say don't go on a night that Phish are playing live. they have been on tour all summer.
    we went on a Saturday and it was football.
    upstairs on the deck it wouldn't really matter what was playing.

Thread Information