Widgets Magazine
Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Devon Construction Cam

Default Re: Devon Tower Construction Cam!

Ask and you shall receive...

Nice multitude of colors of mud..and is it just me or is that the base of a tower crane under the black material?

Hey thank you very much! I am consistantly amazed at the willingness of those of you who work in the area, in porviding great images giving us a more detailed peek at what is transpiring on the site. Thanks again for these great images! Yeah, I think that you are right. It looks very much like a tower crane base sitting there. It will be interesting to see if it is. That will be a huge milestone because of the high cost of having them on the site, they will not let it sit around unused, so that means good things for the tower.

Additionally, now that I have had a better look at the tower base area, where as I stand by my description of the core, curtainwall and the exterior columns, I think that the walls we see are possibly for retention purposes only. They are too close to the main exterior columns, that are visible on the left hand side of the 1st and 2nd photo and on the third photo on the right hand side just outside of the soil retention wall.

The core will be inset somewhat from there but will follow the form and shape of the retention wall.

It looks like we are getting into the water table a bit it is gettin' messy!

Woohoo!! Progress is a beautiful thing!

I also noticed a lot of wood forms and steel (shown in the 4th picture) at the ground level portion of the site. Maybe all that material is what will be used to make the form before they pour the pad? Just a guess.

There is also a lot of activity on the west end of the site. I haven't found a good vantage point yet to take a look. I was going to wander around in the library next door tomorrow to see if it's possible to get to any of the windows on the west end of it.

Yeah, the area where the large track hoe has been excavating is where (if I were a betting man) I would say the tower crane base will be set. It has become much more visible on the Web cam and there are four piers that look like they would match up with the base that is, as you stated, resting on its side just next to the hole and the 4 piers in question.

Talking Re: Devon Tower Construction Cam!

Thanks for the great pics(awesome!) and info. Keep it coming.

okcmomentum - could I ask where you are standing when taking pictures? Those last ones are great and look similiar but higher up than my window.

I took a bunch last week and they are already obsolete, so I'll try and remember camera tomorrow.

7. Default Re: Devon Tower Construction Cam!

I took some photos of the site today around 3:15pm. Lots of movement going on and looks like things are coming together.
    My photos can be seen here Devon Tower Construction - Images | Alonzo Adams Photography

Quote Originally Posted by okcphotoguy76 View Post
    I took some photos of the site today around 3:15pm. Lots of movement going on and looks like things are coming together.
    My photos can be seen here Devon Tower Construction - Images | Alonzo Adams Photography
    Nice shots Alonzo! You can really see the detail on where that crane is going. I wish the full size shot was available. At around 15MB (50MB uncompressed) per shot, I'd have to imagine you're shooting in RAW format, huh?

9. Default Re: Devon Tower Construction Cam!

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    Nice shots Alonzo! You can really see the detail on where that crane is going. I wish the full size shot was available. At around 15MB (50MB uncompressed) per shot, I'd have to imagine you're shooting in RAW format, huh?
    Yes, I shoot most of my images in RAW. I'm going to try and get down there and take shots every few days now that it is getting time for the actual tower to start going up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauri101 View Post
    okcmomentum - could I ask where you are standing when taking pictures? Those last ones are great and look similiar but higher up than my window.

I took a bunch last week and they are already obsolete, so I'll try and remember camera tomorrow.
    I usually take pics from the top floor of the east garage in the SW stairwell.

Window washing anyone?

They are preparing to wash the windows on Oklahoma Tower.

Whoever has the Cam in their office put a "Say Cheese" sign on the window!

Quote Originally Posted by BigD Misey View Post
    Is anyone doing the time lapse video's any more? I need a hit!

Cam Junkie #57
    I havent recieved yet OKCmomentum.

Window washing time there?

Quote Originally Posted by BigD Misey View Post

I havent recieved yet OKCmomentum.
    I'd love to BigD but I'm not that technologically proficient to know how. I believe MadMonk has provided these for us in the past. I'd love to see a new one too.

MadMonk Guest

There's a crowd of firefighters down there along the south end of the parking garage.

I've been very busy and haven't had time to put a time-lapse together. I'll try to throw one together soon.

Do we know why the firefighters are all on in a crowd overlooking the site? There are a bunch of their vehicles on the road between the site and the Crystal bridge. Was there an accident? It would be weird for them all to be there as pure spectators and I would assume that the contractors would not allow them to block the road along the site entrance...so begs the question...hmmm

well it looks like the forms are all set for the tower crane base and the anchor bolts are in place, and ready to be poured. I would expect that to take place this afternoon, now with how complete it looks. I would then guess that it will be several day before the base is set, to allow for curing and to reach minimum acceptable strength.

They have the tower crane base in place at least for the moment...they still have to pour the foundation cap. They may be setting it so the anchor bolts will be aligned, and then maybe pouring it inplace? Although I have seen it more common to set anchor bolts pour and then set the base once cured a day or so. I guess we will have to wait and see!

Well earlier this evening they did in fact pour the tower Crane foundation pier cap in place with the base and anchor bolts supported in place. I cannot wait until morning when we get a clear look at our new friend that will become the central focus of action as the rest of the tower arrives to be stacked once the concrete has cured sufficiently. Gratefully the mail supporting piers were poured previously and so we will likely not have to wait very long for that event!

I don't know how the heck you people are telling this stuff from the camera shot - I can't see anything like that kind of detail.

Alot more of the Tower Crane is moving into the site right now.

Several sections of the tower crane just passed by me on flatbeds in front of the cox center!!! Woohoo!!!

Is that the tower crane they are starting to build? I can see a one piece already attached and more on the trucks on the street.

Someone please get down there and take close up shots! Platemaker / OKCmomentum?

25. Default Re: Devon Tower Construction Cam!

Is there really still snow on top of the parking garage

Thread Information