Widgets Magazine
Page 18 of 102 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222368 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Rogers World Airport

1. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    FYI if someone hasn't posted it, below are some shots of the renovation ongoing in the airport tunnel. Basically they painted all the walls white and replaced the old fluorescents with color alternating LEDs. Nothing extravagant, but it does look a lot better and much less depressing. The shot of the LED airplane window replicas is about a month old, so its probably closer to complete now.
    May still be a few weeks. We are trying to develop a final punch list for our contractor. Station graphics are being installed currently. Lit LED signage is next and the screen over the video wall should come down soon as well. Cove lights are still being programmed so please forgive the inconsistency on those. We agree, the changes perk the place up a bit.

Attachment 11149Attachment 11150Attachment 11151

Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

[QUOTE=Josh Ryan;902154]May still be a few weeks. We are trying to develop a final punch list for our contractor. Station graphics are being installed currently. Lit LED signage is next and the screen over the video wall should come down soon as well. Cove lights are still being programmed so please forgive the inconsistency on those. We agree, the changes perk the place up a bit.
    /QUOTE]

Agreed, it already seems a lot less stuffy down there and will reflect much better on the airport for out of towners. I figured the cove lights hadn't been programmed yet, but they looked good regardless. It makes walked to check in for those 5:30 AM flights more bearable.

3. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Just released a brief survey on parking at WRWA and would like to get your input. You can take the survey here.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    The airport is about to get new signage; this includes the roadways leading to the terminal, the terminal and concourse themselves, and parking areas.

Here are a few screenshots:

The full presentation can be viewed at the following link:

http://www.okc.gov/AgendaPub/view.as...fileid=2450711

Personally, I love it. The current signage sucks both from a visual standpoint and a functional standpoint. This has a modern look, while fitting in architecturally. This will also include more signs than are present now, which will help visitors and people who are unfamiliar with the layout.
    has this been built yet?

5. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Ryan View Post
    May still be a few weeks. We are trying to develop a final punch list for our contractor. Station graphics are being installed currently. Lit LED signage is next and the screen over the video wall should come down soon as well. Cove lights are still being programmed so please forgive the inconsistency on those. We agree, the changes perk the place up a bit.

Attachment 11149Attachment 11150Attachment 11151

Couple of photos I took today of the airline windows in the hall.

To answer plutonic pandas question i didn't notice any new signage that was up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0546.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	11188   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0547.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	869.7 KB 
ID:	11189  

6. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    has this been built yet?
    The first phase of the wayfinding changes are going to be roadway and parking signage. Right now the expected timeline is that you will start seeing new signs in about 18 months. The timeline for terminal building signage will be closely aligned with the terminal expansion project.

7. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Josh, any timeline or specific project details you can share re: the expansion?
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

8. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    Josh, any timeline or specific project details you can share re: the expansion?
    Wish we could show you some of the conceptual work but it is still in design. Our planners, architects and engineers (FSB and HOK) have been doing a great job of designing with airport customer amenities in mind. Much of the design discussion has been geared toward improving checkpoint functionality and increasing gate/holding area capacity, while still leaving space for Customs.

As for a timeline, I had written this update a couple of weeks back: "Stakeholder meetings have been held and the architects-engineers are now in the design phase. We hope to bring something for review/approval to the Trust in the next few months. After approval, construction docs will be developed and maybe then we'll have a preliminary timeline to share with you."

9. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Is Moe's still there? I still see it on the website but the last couple times I was there I didn't see signage for it.

Quote Originally Posted by tfvc.org View Post
    Is Moe's still there? I still see it on the website but the last couple times I was there I didn't see signage for it.
    With the others in the city closing a couple years ago, they might have just been/be finishing out the lease at the airport.

11. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

The manager for Delaware North told me this morning that Moe's is staying for now, but replacement options may be explored before the end of the year.

Blog Entries

If they renew their lease, please make sure you include a requirement that they also re-open their other metro locations.

I'm only slightly kidding.

13. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

When I lived in Fl I had a Moes right across the street from me. I loved their food and was second only to Tijuana Flats when fast casual is concerned. Where exactly are they located in the airport? I am going to Spain in 47 days and might be dropped off at the airport hours before my flight leaves. It would be nice to eat there before taking off.

When I lived in Fl I had a Moes right across the street from me. I loved their food and was second only to Tijuana Flats when fast casual is concerned. Where exactly are they located in the airport? I am going to Spain in 47 days and might be dropped off at the airport hours before my flight leaves. It would be nice to eat there before taking off.
    Central food court. By Schlotszkys Sonic and Salt Lick BBQ

Blog Entries

I'm supremely disappointed with what replaced Moe's at Belle Isle (Freebirds).

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    I'm supremely disappointed with what replaced Moe's at Belle Isle (Freebirds).
    OT, but Freebirds is far superior IMO. To each their own though.

The new signage looks pretty slick and more in-line with what you see at major airports around the country. Is definitely a step up!

Just filled out the parking survey too BTW.

Blog Entries

Why is the newer northern half of the parking structure a different color than the older half? Seems like they should have painted it the same for conformity.

18. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

You've got 50 years of concrete again on the southern section there....I don't think they painted anything...it's just old vs new.

19. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie1 View Post
    Why is the newer northern half of the parking structure a different color than the older half? Seems like they should have painted it the same for conformity.
    We have a CIP to paint Garages B & C. But, as a part of our parking study, we are evaluating a future garage expansion that may factor into the painting project timeline.

Blog Entries

Wow, with the rental cars moving out the last thing I expected to hear was that we were looking at building more garages. Not unappreciative of that info, just surprised.

21. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Can I go into the secure area of the airport just to eat at Moes or do I need to be a ticketed passenger? I work at the MMAC, and eating at the airport would be the closest thing for me whilst working.

22. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Can I go into the secure area of the airport just to eat at Moes or do I need to be a ticketed passenger? I work at the MMAC, and eating at the airport would be the closest thing for me whilst working.
    Moe's is on the secure side so you would need to be a badged airport employee, need to have a gate pass or you would need to have gone through security as a ticketed traveler.

Blog Entries

Bummer. I, too, am MMAC and my ears perked up for a sec....

24. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Please build more garage parking. I have to park in shuttle parking WAY too often. There is a supply and demand issue here. The only other solution here is to raise the price of the garage which I would gladly pay.

Quote Originally Posted by brianinok View Post
    Please build more garage parking. I have to park in shuttle parking WAY too often. There is a supply and demand issue here. The only other solution here is to raise the price of the garage which I would gladly pay.
    I have banged this drum for a long time here. It seems the airport is missing out on increased revenues because I think the garage parking is too cheap.

Thread Information