Widgets Magazine
Page 18 of 69 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222368 ... LastLast

Thread: Penn Square Mall

Default Re: Penn Square Mall

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Was Val Genes there also?
    Yes. This ad is from 1969:

Should all the retro posts be moved to the Nostalgia thread? Back to my other announcement that went unnoticed. Art of Shaving is coming to Penn this fall.

Blog Entries

Maybe not unnoticed...just un-commented on.

No comments are fine, but I thought this thread was about the new developments of Penn, there's already a dedicated forum to history.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    No comments are fine, but I thought this thread was about the new developments of Penn, there's already a dedicated forum to history.
    With a general title of "Penn Square Mall," it would seem that anything is fine. Don't know why this is an issue.

fair enough. maybe it's just me as I like to check this thread for new store announcements, not history.

fair enough. maybe it's just me as I like to check this thread for new store announcements, not history.
    Me too. Nice to have separate threads.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerQueen View Post
    My Aunt and Uncle owned The Sheen Drug when Penn Square first opened. They had a drug store right next to Humpty Dumpty. They only stayed there a few years.
    Growing up we always went to the Sheen at NW 16th & Portland.

Lane Bryant closed yesterday after 25 years in the mall. Today, a representative(s) of the "NBA Store" was scouting the location. I was surprised they are looking at OKC. But I guess it makes sense. That would be a pretty good catch.

Should all the retro posts be moved to the Nostalgia thread? Back to my other announcement that went unnoticed. Art of Shaving is coming to Penn this fall.
    No. (unless that was a rhetorical question).

Here's one fer ya': According to PETE (re: ad for Val Gene's operations) there was a Cocktail Lounge in Penn Square. How could this have been possible back in the days of "Private Clubs" unless they had some special dispensation from the D.A. 'r sumpin'? =)

(I think that it WAS The Earth Store that I vaguely remembered. Thought it was upstairs . . . guess not. p.s. I have some form of a Gillette razor with about five blades and a teflon strip--purchased at Target? by my dear wife--that I would trust far more than any disgruntled barber with a straight razor no matter what mall they are in. =))

(p.p.s.: I've been to "The Mall of America" about four times. Penn Square is less unappealling.)

I'd rather see NBA store downtown

I'd like the NBA store in PS, but there is only 2 or 3 locations and the New York one is looking for a new location and I doubt they'd choose a place like Oklahoma city sadly, they'd probably Choose Miami or LA.

I really think the food court needs more national tenants like Sbarro Orange Julius, Burger King and other places instead of Italia Express ( which used to be good until they started makign the food smaller and more rxpensive). and Sarak Sarah's. Maybe the rennovation will bring some new places im

Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuy View Post
    I'd like the NBA store in PS, but there is only 2 or 3 locations and the New York one is looking for a new location and I doubt they'd choose a place like Oklahoma city sadly, they'd probably Choose Miami or LA.
    If it happens it is probably going to be a second Thunder store location, having a another official one in a Tulsa mall might be an idea worth pursuing as well, with NBA store name just showing cause of whatever the legal set up is. Alternatively the league may be planing a new strategy to increase sales by expanding to most markets, it would not be surprising to start with the both teams in large markets and those with the best on court performance.

Learned tonight that it is an NBA Thunder shop. Right now, the plan is to have them open from first of April through the playoffs. If it does well, it may be permanent. If not, they may just be temporary.

That makes no sense, of course it will do well during playoffs and taper off afterwards.

That lane Brayant store was kinda huge, they should divide half of it for the thunder shop and use the other half for another storefront. How long is See's Candies going to be in the mall? I'm surprised they haven't moved into a storefront.

That makes no sense, of course it will do well during playoffs and taper off afterwards.
    I think it all depends on how far it tapers off.

Today when I went to the mall I saw that cold water creek was closed up idk why either renovations or the Microsoft store is moving in and next to Hot Topic there is a Thunder shop, which I assume is temporary.

"That lane Brayant store was kinda huge"

Ha!

Yeah well it kind of looks a bit empty in the thunder shop though, I still think they could of done with half of the lane Bryant space

Yeah well it kind of looks a bit empty in the thunder shop though, I still think they could of done with half of the lane Bryant space
    Hopefully if they make it permanent they will build a proper storefront. The size and style of the old Lane Bryant store doesn't quite fit the Thunder shop.

Bachrach is now closing, everything in their store is 50-70% off. I'm kind of surprised Penn has not kicked out the not so upscale tenants like WINDSOR, Body Central and Payless

HangryHippo Guest

Bachrach is now closing, everything in their store is 50-70% off. I'm kind of surprised Penn has not kicked out the not so upscale tenants like WINDSOR, Body Central and Payless
    Strange. I don't understand how that Windsor stays in the mall. It looks like junk.

Also, I stopped by the Thunder team store tonight and it was odd. What are they doing in such a large space? And it's just weird. What are the long term plans for that space?

The mall appears to be going through some growing pains with the ongoing remodel and the attempt to move upmarket.

Payless is getting kicked out I believe after their lease is up as is Body Central. WINDSOR will stay for one reason or another. I am beginning to wonder if its kind of like Eastern Treasures at Crossroads and really a cover for something dodgy. That's the only way I can really explain such a downscale store making it in Penn. As for the Thunder shop, I hope it relocates to a permanent storefront because the current location looks ridiculous.

Payless can leave as far as I'm concerned, their shoes are not great at all. I had some dress shoes from there that tore up after 6 months. When does gamestop's lease expire? I wonder if they would have a store closing sale before they closed so I can get some deals on games

Thread Information