Widgets Magazine
Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: WinCo

1. Default Re: WinCo

Quote Originally Posted by d-usa View Post
    Sams Club
    Nice... Did you have to ask for them? All I ever see at Sam's is select.

Default Re: WinCo

They were out in one of the coolers. They had prime in one side, select on the other, and angus/choice in a different cooler. Maybe they are just stocking up for July 4th cookouts?

3. Default Re: WinCo

They were out in one of the coolers. The game had select on one side, select on the other, and angus/choice in a different cooler. Maybe they are just stocking up for July 4th cookouts?
    That could be.... I checked the Sam's website and they don't show them available there..... Last time I looked at the Sam's in Moore all they had were the trimmed flats and they were all select for a higher price than the choice untrimmed I had just seen at Winco..... Trimmed usually runs a little higher than packer but still it was select at a higher price than choice.

Your putting me on with that fake USDA PRIME sticker you superimposed on that photo LOL good one

Why do we bother...

6. Default Re: WinCo

Why do we bother...
    You may have noticed I never answered beyond saying "Yes".... Even if I fed the troll the answer it would have only found select briskets.

7. Default Re: WinCo

Ya the Sams in Norman only carries choice brisket but they carry very few full packers. If you ask they can usually get you one from the back though. Never asked for prime. I might next time.

8. Default Re: WinCo

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Ya the Sams in Norman only carries choice brisket but they carry very few full packers. If you ask they can usually get you one from the back though. Never asked for prime. I might next time.
    Yeah... I'm curious now. I know they carry slabs of short ribs by the case but you never see them out in a display.... Wonder if they are doing the same for prime briskets..... I know Homeland will special order prime briskets if you ask them to. One of my competition cook friends has ordered them from the one on N. May.

9. Default Re: WinCo

My uncle will buy prime tenderloins, brisket, etc. from Sam's and they keep them in the back. You have to ring the bell and ask a butcher to get you one.

The signage has been hung on the MWC location.

Why does this meat grade argument seem like it's building up to the promotion of someone's own business or where they work?

12. Default Re: WinCo

Welcome to The Brisket Blog.

13. Default Re: WinCo

Quote Originally Posted by soonermike81 View Post
    Why does this meat grade argument seem like it's building up to the promotion of someone's own business or where they work?
    Don't know.... I haven't been self employed in almost 14 years, although Pete has offered to introduce me to some investors to start a BBQ business a couple of times, and where I work wouldn't benefit any from an announcement on a thread for a grocery store I like to shop in.

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    Don't know.... I haven't been self employed in almost 14 years, although Pete has offered to introduce me to some investors to start a BBQ business a couple of times, and where I work wouldn't benefit any from an announcement on a thread for a grocery store I like to shop in.
    My comment was directed at you at all. Sorry if you took it that way.

Let's please stick to talking about Winco. Thanks.

��Sorry, Pete

No worries.

Just learned the Midwest City location plans to open on August 1st.

I'm looking forward to the MWC store since I live 1.2 miles from there. I went to the Moore location this week and I liked some things I saw. Unfortunately, I live alone and don't cook much since I only eat one meal a day, so I can't comment on prices. They seemed to be fairly low but I believe fairly close to Walmart and Crest. I just look forward for another option.
    C. T.

They are starting to build cinder block walls at the Route 66 WinCo location.

The crowds at Moore have settled 'some', I'm sure MWC and eventually Portland and 39th will be the same for awhile after they open, with another similar response whenever the dust clears on the fourth location.

Given this response, are there any rumors about looking into additional metro locations?

Quote Originally Posted by stile99 View Post
    The crowds at Moore have settled 'some', I'm sure MWC and eventually Portland and 39th will be the same for awhile after they open, with another similar response whenever the dust clears on the fourth location.

Given this response, are there any rumors about looking into additional metro locations?
    They have always planned 4 locations and I'd be surprised if they do any more for a while.

They tend to keep their stores pretty well spaced, as they draw from a wide area.

It's a damn shame how much money WinCo and Crest are leaving on the table from the Mustang/Yukon/El Reno area. i know a LOT more people who say "I wish we had one" than say "Heck yeah I drive half an hour to go to one!"

Quote Originally Posted by stile99 View Post
    It's a damn shame how much money WinCo and Crest are leaving on the table from the Mustang/Yukon/El Reno area. i know a LOT more people who say "I wish we had one" than say "Heck yeah I drive half an hour to go to one!"
    I would think eventually far west OKC and that general area will be a good candidate, along with Norman.

Walls are going up at 39th & Portland.

There is a billboard at I-44 & N. May Ave (Metro Ford of OKC) announcing the MWC location of WinCo will be "opening soon".

Thread Information