Widgets Magazine
Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: OKC Energy FC

1. Default Re: OKC Energy FC

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I still can't figure out what the structure is going to look like behind the historic wall
    It looks like a buttress of some sort. I was curious how that was going to work, with the stands being low bleachers.

Default Re: OKC Energy FC

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    It looks like a buttress of some sort. I was curious how that was going to work, with the stands being low bleachers.
    I am curious as well. currently there is just what they left there of the previous bleachers. I would assume those are left for support as they carefully cut away the rest of theconcrete and left those to keep the wall standing. will be interesting to see how they work it into the rest of the structure.

3. Default Re: OKC Energy FC

Those renderings look good, though I am confused at part of the track still being there. I'm glad Taft Stadium is being used. I really like the deco facade.

Quote Originally Posted by 38th Street Richard View Post
    Those renderings look good, though I am confused at part of the track still being there. I'm glad Taft Stadium is being used. I really like the deco facade.
    Richard, there will be a track it will just be largely covered for Energy matches:

5. Default Re: OKC Energy FC

That makes more sense. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
    I am curious as well. currently there is just what they left there of the previous bleachers. I would assume those are left for support as they carefully cut away the rest of theconcrete and left those to keep the wall standing. will be interesting to see how they work it into the rest of the structure.
    Between the differential of the tops of the old/new bleachers and it fitting a regulation soccer field (ideally wider than a football field), the seats are likely below the old seat locations.

There will be some sort of buttresses holding up the historic east wall and bridging the gap between the stands and wall.

I'm working on getting better renderings because I want to see it too.

It's an odd configuration and I'm not sure there is a good solution.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pahdz View Post
    I do hate that the track is there though
    It appears as though the Energy will attempt to hide the track and retrofit the soccer field to cover most of the infield area.

"Oklahoma City looks oh-so pretty... ...as I get my kicks on Route 66." --Nat King Cole.

I just meant I hate that it just pushes the fans further back. I know this an issue at the current stadium, but I guess I can just be patient until a soccer specific stadium is built

I just meant I hate that it just pushes the fans further back. I know this an issue at the current stadium, but I guess I can just be patient until a soccer specific stadium is built
    It really should not push them back much, it is like 40 feet wide, they would keep at least half that for security and benches.

There is not that much space between the playing field and the newest soccer stadiums in MLS. You are on top of the field.

12. Default Re: OKC Energy FC

That's true. This is a pic from the stands at Loftus Road (London) where the Queens Park Rangers play:

The front seats are basically close enough to be subbed in!

13. Default Re: OKC Energy FC

Sorry for the double post, but can this thread have a button in its title too? I made one:

Sorry for the double post, but can this thread have a button in its title too? I made one:

That's cool! Nice logo tag.

Energy FC Re: OKC Energy FC

Done!

Thanks for the idea and for the icon.

Kevin Ellis, who played for the Energy earlier this season, in the starting 11 for SKC on ESPN now (and made a dangerous pass that almost led to a Chicago goal)

not sure if any of you keep up with soccer, but there seems to be a big hoopla about the Orlando city fans busing to Tampa and settling the stadium ablaze.

Yea. Apparently people from OCSCs supporters group went over to where the Tampa supporters were sitting and started waving OC flags, popping purple (OCs color) smoke, etc. Melee ensued and depending on who you ask, a child was punched by OC fans along with several of them arrested for battery of a police officer or something like that.

Unfortunately, certain groups, like the ones in OC and San Jose, exist and seem to think what they do is "real" support. San Jose has calmed down lately, OC will have to as well once they move to the MLS, or they may play many a game with banned supporters groups.

Kemp in makes the roster for MLS first homegrown game.

Default OKC Energy FC

JIMMY MEDRANDA LOANED TO OKC ENERGY FC

Sporting Kansas City has agreed to loan midfielder Jimmy Medranda to USL PRO affiliate OKC Energy FC, the club announced on Wednesday. Medranda will arrive in Oklahoma City later today and will be available for OKC Energy FC head coach Jimmy Nielsen on Saturday when the club hosts the Pittsburgh Riverhounds at Pribil Stadium.

Medranda, 20, has made five career MLS appearances since joining Sporting Kansas City from Deportivo Pereira (Colombia) last August. He became the youngest player to appear in a match for the club during the 2013 MLS Cup championship campaign upon his MLS debut in September and started the team's 2014 home opener for the first of four games played this season. He most recently came off the bench in a 1-0 loss at D.C. United on May 31.

OKC Energy FC, currently 5-7-3 in their inaugural season, are unbeaten in their last six matches and have moved into playoff position in the 14-team USL PRO standings with 13 games remaining before their regular season comes to a close on September 6. All USL PRO matches are streamed live and free to fans via team YouTube channels.

Medranda joins fellow Sporting Kansas City player Christian Duke on loan with OKC Energy FC. Sporting Kansas City has the option to recall any of the team's players during the loan period.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCretro View Post
    not sure if any of you keep up with soccer, but there seems to be a big hoopla about the Orlando city fans busing to Tampa and settling the stadium ablaze.
    Saying the stadium was set ablaze is misleading, smoke bombs were lit (which tampa's news reported is what the police made a statement it was), not something you want either but still very different.

22. Default Re: OKC Energy FC

Kemp in makes the roster for MLS first homegrown game.
    Also got called back up to SKC.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    Saying the stadium was set ablaze is misleading, smoke bombs were lit (which tampa's news reported is what the police made a statement it was), not something you want either but still very different.
    I have a buddy in Australia who is a huge soccer fan ( don't ask me what CAMP as I don't follow ) but some of the crap he shows me is insane.. and scares the living bejusus out of me. I guess I just don't get it. Smoke bombs.. Flares and craziness

Quote Originally Posted by andrewmperry View Post
    Also got called back up to SKC.
    when did that happen?

when did that happen?
    Yesterday. The SKC starting keeper broke a finger, so they called up Kempin.
    Time for Samir to step up!

Thread Information