Widgets Magazine
Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

HI EVERYONE!!! Welcome.

Hi, my name is Jill. I've lived in Oklahoma for 20+ years now after moving here from Denver. I've got 4 kids, with two still here in the city, one in Atlanta and the other somewhere in the Pacific on the USS Cowpens (go Thundering Herd!). I'm a BIG basketball fan, organic flower gardener, with an interest in OKC development on a nonprofessional basis. This forum is just what I need to satisfy my interest in what's going on around OKC.

3. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

welcome betts, I'm sure you'll find plenty to discuss here, and I hope you can give us a Denver perspective even though it's been a while since you lived there.

4. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    Hi, my name is Jill. I've lived in Oklahoma for 20+ years now after moving here from Denver. I've got 4 kids, with two still here in the city, one in Atlanta and the other somewhere in the Pacific on the USS Cowpens (go Thundering Herd!). I'm a BIG basketball fan, organic flower gardener, with an interest in OKC development on a nonprofessional basis. This forum is just what I need to satisfy my interest in what's going on around OKC.
    Hi, girl! Glad to see you here! Now, we can talk about something besides basketball (not that we'd necessarily want to do such a thing)!

5. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84 View Post
    welcome betts, I'm sure you'll find plenty to discuss here, and I hope you can give us a Denver perspective even though it's been a while since you lived there.
    I lived there from '98 to '01...Didn't care for it a lot though. LoDo kicked 37 kinds of ass and the snowboarding was cool, but the rest of it was too expensive for what you got in my opinion.

Which is why I moved back here. You get everything they have, minus the snowboarding, for half the price.

HI everyone! I've been reading around here a LOT for research/curiosity and I finally decided to join! I've been living in OKC for a long time and basically grew up here. I really look forward to being part of a group that is enthusiastic about this city as I am!

-JetJP

Welcome aboard Jet

8. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Jill! I just saw your post...

Welcome to the board !!
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

Talking Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Hello everyone, my handle is kiowa65 and I just signed up. A little about myself, I'm an Okie, born and raised, I left in 1999 for Arizona. I'm working for the department of education now and I don't get back to OK as often as I'd like to. It's been really cool reading the posts about what's been going on in places I haven't been to in years. I'm so glad I found this board. Go Sooners!!!!

10. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Welcome! Jump right in.. and join the discussions. Glad to have you here.
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

11. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Quote Originally Posted by kiowa65 View Post
    Hello everyone, my handle is kiowa65 and I just signed up. A little about myself, I'm an Okie, born and raised, I left in 1999 for Arizona. I'm working for the department of education now and I don't get back to OK as often as I'd like to. It's been really cool reading the posts about what's been going on in places I haven't been to in years. I'm so glad I found this board. Go Sooners!!!!
    Welcome from me, too ... but, I would add, there's a strong position here for OSU, OU, No-U, posters here, as well. Unless one goes to the sports elements here, college "badges of honor" don't normally appear, but, that said, I'm in the OSU camp when they do. Bottom line is that none of that really matters when it comes down to supporting our town! As the 2 year experience with the Hornets demonstrated so vividly, when we have a common focus, we ALL come together!

I also gather from your "handle" that you are a Native American! Lots of good stuff going on about that locally, including the Red Earth Festival (in progress) and, most absolutely, the Native American Cultural Center which is being constructed along I-40 and Eastern. THAT facility is going to become not only a local but a national destination, I am quite sure!

done

Hello to all!

My name is Rob, I live downtown in the Montgomery, and work for one of the local tv stations... have been using the site for a while for story ideas, thought I should go ahead and join.

14. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Cool!

What's it like, living in the Montgomery? I'm guessing that it's pretty special ... some interior pics would be really nice!

Hello everyone, my name is Rick and I have been reading OKCtalk for over a year now and finally decided to give it a try. I was born and raised in the Mid-Del area and graduated from Del City and OU. I now reside in Midwest City with my wife and 2 kids. With 2 kids going to school at Carl Albert, we are everything Titan and I am a 2nd generation Sooner thus the soonertitan name. I probably won't post too much but I do like to read and keep up on what is going on around town.

Welcome Titan....Let us know if you come up with any MWC news scoops

hello, my name is amy and I have lived in oklahoma for most of my life (minus our 6 year getaway to texas) just moved back here in october

i am an early childhood teacher and a mother of 2

40 year resident. Mom to a four year old, married

Ello,
    Everyone

I am a Full-time Deli worker part-time balloonist or juggler depends on weather and mood. I love to read though I get stuck in the medievalish sci-fi area alot.
    Ask for more information If you want to know more about me ><

Love life live
    Nabber

20. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Welcome all!

21. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Hiya, I am Kathy (OkieKAS) from Chickasha, Oklahoma. I was born in OKC (1958) and have lived in OKLAHOMA all of my life.

My hubby and I own and operate an Insulation Business and we have 2 grown sons, Jay, who just hit the big 30 this week and Kevin, who turned 25 last month. Our only daughter, Leslie, passed away in 2000. (sudden cardiac death, at the age of 15 yrs old). We have been married for nearly 31 years and we like to go camping, travel Oklahoma to check out new places to see and be, jet skiing, horseback riding, fishing and we adore the outdoors. I don't have any grandchildren, my sons' are not married/have no kiddies.

We travel with them to Rock Crawling, MudBogs, Sand dunes, events 'n such. OKLAHOMA has them all! I have assisted my son in building up an '85 surburban, lifting it from the frame 20 inches, then installing all of the good stuff with 39 inch swamper tires on it and actually got to drive it in Chickasha! YaY! I was very ill and my son and I worked on it right in the driveway, so that I could watch him. (his shop is 15 miles away).

I strongly believe in family and am quite spiritual, but not so religious. The most happiest I can ever be is when I see my sons together, as well as the most saddest, when I see them w/o their sister. (now if I could only get one of them to put on a dress) ...smile.

I have a chronic illness (docs say it like this...... t e r m i n a l)...... but that belongs at an airport........it kicks my butt every now and again.....however, I don't allow it to control me. (the only reason I relate this info is due to the fact that I disappear for days until I can kick back up and if I don't, then I am with Leslie)

I love the State of OKLAHOMA and everything about it! I love to research all of the history of our GREAT STATE!

I have 2 chihuahuas, Zoi and Suki.

I have a background in art and in advocation for those with disAbilities/those trapped in abuse - domestic violence - children- and the elderly.
    PEOPLE FIRST!

I am somewhat opinionated, however quite harmless....hehe

to the Forum, and I am glad that I am able to kick back here for awhile.

I appreciate all of those on here, all of the individual traits in people, and the time and efforts they take to make this possible.

Blessing to all.

--OkieKAS

Hi everyone! My name is Lacy, I'm a political science student at OU and I've lived in Oklahoma since I was 4. I was raised in Edmond (technically North OKC) and over the last four or five years I have gained a greater appreciation for the OKC area.

23. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Quote Originally Posted by hellolacy View Post
    Hi everyone! My name is Lacy, I'm a political science student at OU and I've lived in Oklahoma since I was 4. I was raised in Edmond (technically North OKC) and over the last four or five years I have gained a greater appreciation for the OKC area.
    Hey, Lacy. It's great to hear that you have taken a liking to your home state. Most kids at OU are racing to get out as soon as possible. You should check out the Greater Grads program that the Chamber does each summer - Greater Oklahoma City Chamber - Greater Grads. It is aimed at providing opporunities for upcoming graduates to get plugged in with community leaders and their peers. Also, check out the Alliance of Emerging Professionals - AEP Â* Oklahoma City's Young Professionals Network Â* aepokc.com. We are a strategic partner with the Chamber and we help facilitate the transition from college to career. There are a lot of ambitious people in the group that have big ideas for making OKC an even better place to live.

Feel free to email me if you have any questions.

mail@micahalcorn.com

Hello Everyone! My name is Ed and I just recently relocated to OKC from Indianapolis which prompted the nickname 'Naptownman'. I am excited about being apart of this community and getting to know some great people.

Welcome Ed, from another out-of-towner (reporting in from Belgium; but a former OKC resident). I hope your relocation to OKC was smooth and that our fair city was everything you hoped it would be. So, what made you choose Oklahoma City?

Thread Information