Widgets Magazine
Page 17 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: OnCue OKC Expansion

Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Yes, sign is up for location at northwest corner of NW 164th and Portland/HW- 74.

Quote Originally Posted by d-usa View Post
    Have they started construction for the store at NW 164th and HW-74 yet? They are building something out there, but I couldn't tell if the metal frame looks like a n OnCue yet.
    Yes, northwest corner.

I am no OnCue expert, but that building being built near 164th and 74 just does not look like an OnCue to me. Maybe the OnCue will be built where the sign is, right on the corner? Where ever it is, I a glad it is there.

I wish OnCue had a small seating area. Sometimes I don't have enough time to go to a restaurant for lunch, and end up grabing something from OnCue, and I hate eating in the car. Would be nice to have a small area to eat.

Since OnCue and QuikTrip seem to "share" concepts and layouts, maybe one of the ideas OnCue can take from QuikTrip is to put a seating area outside the stores for just that.

I'll echo your comments and will grab something at lunch from the roller grill at OnCue only to eat it inside my car while under the OnCue Canopy. QuikTrip Gen 3 stores have placed picnic tables on both sides of the two main entrances and usually have some to the side of the corner entrances. An alternative would be a small eating area/bar inside OnCue for eating, and charging a device or two with USB outlets.

The Drive-Thru idea at OnCue for a convenient store is great, I think OnCue was first and QuikTrip started testing the drive-thru for the QT Kitchens at some of their Tulsa locations about a year an a half ago.

Drove by the new OnCue site at Northwest Expressway and Blackwelder...they've been moving gravel around and smoothing it out. Sorry, don't know what the process is called. Activity has picked up though and was wondering if anyone knows when that store will be open? It should be a killer store for them, it's s a serious fuel desert and all that traffic near Penn Square and across the street from the Valliance Bank Tower, it will do well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blue Sky View Post
    Drove by the new OnCue site at Northwest Expressway and Blackwelder...they've been moving gravel around and smoothing it out. Sorry, don't know what the process is called. Activity has picked up though and was wondering if anyone knows when that store will be open? It should be a killer store for them, it's s a serious fuel desert and all that traffic near Penn Square and across the street from the Valliance Bank Tower, it will do well.
    They have only done clearing and some site work but still haven't even filed a building permit.

Once they do, it usually takes 2-3 months before it is issued and only then can the real work commence.

Any updates on 178th and Western OnCue? The site is still just a sign of coming soon.

a couple of small buildings on the SW corner of shields and SE 44th have been razed to the ground.
    there is enough reason to speculate the 7-11 adjacent to the property is planning an expansion/renovation
    to compete against the on-cue gas station right across the street. or will something else be built there?

Quote Originally Posted by OKC2017 View Post
    a couple of small buildings on the SW corner of shields and SE 44th have been razed to the ground.
    there is enough reason to speculate the 7-11 adjacent to the property is planning an expansion/renovation
    to compete against the on-cue gas station right across the street. or will something else be built there?
    I checked on this and couldn't find any building permits.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I checked on this and couldn't find any building permits.
    there's definitely something happening there. i saw heavy duty equipment on site and lots of dirt moving.
    there is also a sign of apollo building systems there, couldn't take pictures but this is their website: https://apollobuildingsystems.com/

by the way, there is also a lot of land clearing on a property just east of SW 27th and robinson; i didn't stop to look closely but i have a feeling
    it can be something substantial like an apartment building complex.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    I wish OnCue had a small seating area. Sometimes I don't have enough time to go to a restaurant for lunch, and end up grabing something from OnCue, and I hate eating in the car. Would be nice to have a small area to eat.
    I believe the Edmond OnCue at 15th and I-35 does have a couple of tables inside.

13. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by UncleCyrus View Post
    I believe the Edmond OnCue at 15th and I-35 does have a couple of tables inside.
    It does. Just a couple of booths to the right as soon as you walk in.

I'm telling you, their fried onion cheese burger (with or without bacon) is really good. Much better than similar offerings in the area and very reasonably priced. Breakfast burritos are really good too (sausage cheese and egg is my favorite).

What, if anything, are the advantages of Quik Trip over OnCue?

Seems like they are pretty similar these days.

I saw a posting on Facebook that the SE corner of NW39th/Portland has been bought and will be cleared for another OnCue.

QuikTrip Vs OnCue is...the closest contest ever. The only advantage one has over the other that I can think of is one serviced the OKC area in its time of need and the other ignored it. Be that for a noble reason or not, the fact is OnCue is here and growing. I would love to see QuikTrip open a few locations around town, because competition is always good.

As for 39th and Portland...that OnCue Coming Soon sign has been there for a couple of years now, and there's no sign that the land is being prepared for it, or anything else. I would love to see movement on it.

Quote Originally Posted by stile99 View Post
    As for 39th and Portland...that OnCue Coming Soon sign has been there for a couple of years now, and there's no sign that the land is being prepared for it, or anything else. I would love to see movement on it.
    Where is this sign exactly?

I might actually prefer OnCue, at least over the QT's in Tulsa. OnCue offers non ethanol gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Where is this sign exactly?
    My apologies, I parsed it completely incorrectly. I parsed it as the one on the SE corner of 39th and the Turnpike. If there is also one on the SE corner of 39th and Portland, something going to have to be knocked down I believe. With there being one at 36th and May already I question the wisdom, but if they've done their due diligence and decided one would do well there, OK then.

There is one coming to SE corner of 39th and Portland. Say goodbye to the Porthole.

QT's Kitchen locations are pretty phenomenal. A wider variety and nice offerings compared to most any convenience stores.

Quote Originally Posted by TeeDub2 View Post
    QT's Kitchen locations are pretty phenomenal. A wider variety and nice offerings compared to most any convenience stores.
    I suppose this is why OnCue experimented with their own kitchen concept at 15th & I-35 in Edmond and is now retrofitting several of their existing locations.

I bet this will be a feature of almost all their new locations.

That could be a great and terrible thing for me once the Blackwelder and Northwest Expressway location goes up. Or if they add it to the 9th and Broadway location in Edmond.

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    There is one coming to SE corner of 39th and Portland. Say goodbye to the Porthole.
    And the old Rustic Inn, which later served as a car lot and a laundry mat.

OnCue finally dropped the building permits today for NW Expressway and Blackwelder.

Thread Information