Widgets Magazine
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Where are all the former news anchors?

Default Re: Where are all the former news anchors?

Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    ok hopefully he doesn't leave KOCO 5
    He's already announced he and his wife will be moving to Miami, Fl

how did you guys find about that he is leaving

Hey guys - she wasn't an anchor, but where did Phyllis Williams, reporter for Fox go? Wasn't there a discrimination lawsuit a couple years ago involving her????

Brandon Byers left KOCO the first week of October and Dan Thomas has replace him

5. Default Re: Where are all the former news anchors?

Anyone know how Amy McRee and her baby turned out? KWTV gave her a big sendoff, but now they act like she never existed. Did she have a boy or a girl?

I wish Tammy Payne was still on Channel 9 - much easier on the eyes. :-D

7. Default Re: Where are all the former news anchors?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptDave View Post
    I wish Tammy Payne was still on Channel 9 - much easier on the eyes. :-D
    Unless she quit last week, Tammy anchors every weekend at 6am on KWTV.

Quote Originally Posted by drumsncode View Post
    Anyone know how Amy McRee and her baby turned out? KWTV gave her a big sendoff, but now they act like she never existed. Did she have a boy or a girl?
    Never heard. But dinna the family all go to California for her husband's career? If so, not really a huge surprise there isn't a lot of noise after the move.

9. Default Re: Where are all the former news anchors?

Brandon Byers was such a cutie. Now he is all gone and lost. What a major mistake of his career to abandon us. :-(

10. Default Re: Where are all the former news anchors?

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    What a major mistake of his career to abandon us. :-(
    He went from OKC to Miami. Market #44 to Market #16. Umm, sorry that was a major improvement for him in my opinion. OKC is just a 2nd tier media market and will always be a stepping stone for people. They'll start out in the Lawtons, Amarillos of the market and then hopefully make their way into the middle markets like OKC. Not many get their chance to move to a top major tier market. He did. Who are we to say he made a mistake. If he likes the market, enjoys the job, and is getting paid more than he was here...so be it.

11. Default Re: Where are all the former news anchors?

I miss him so much. :-(

Still some cute guys here...whew.

Last Sunday there was a show on Discovery starring Mike Rowe called "Worlds Dirtiest Man". He started the show by telling how he got a call from a husband and wife team of Discovery Channel producers about the idea for this show. It was Amy and her husband. Part of the show was filmed at their house and she was holding the baby through some of it. I guess that means she's a producer for the DC?

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I miss him so much. :-(

Still some cute guys here...whew.
    he is married and that is gross and creapy

14. Default Re: Where are all the former news anchors?

Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    he is married and that is gross and creapy
    Dude, duh, we all know that. Ain't no different when you drool at girls. Ewww, that is gross and creepy.....the females...yuck!

I hear Angela Buckelew is returning to KWTV... True?

Well, Kelly Ogle made the announcement on the 6 p.m. news tonight, so it's as true as anything else heard on the air...

17. Default Re: Where are all the former news anchors?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kyle View Post
    Well, Kelly Ogle made the announcement on the 6 p.m. news tonight, so it's as true as anything else heard on the air...
    I read this comment first before scrolling up and also had my hopes raised that he was retiring. LOL

What position is she taking? Good to see her back.

She'll be on the Medical beat, and only a few days each week at that. Lately I've been watching KFOR more than KWTV so I may not have all the details...

19. Default Re: Where are all the former news anchors?

Ahhh that's too bad. Yeah, I've moved over to KFOR for most news now unless it is 10 minutes before Letterman comes on and I just turn it to 9 as I wait.

Was cool to see Lisa Monahan (former Fox) anchoring for Channel 9. I always liked her & Britten on Fox!!

21. Default Re: Where are all the former news anchors?

I don't want to start a new thread on this, but I wonder if KFOR sees the conflicting forces at work when they try to get people to watch KAUT at 9pm, while simultaneously plugging the heck out of the new show "Rock Center"? I'm still shaking my head at the fact that they beg us to switch over at 7am on weekdays, skipping the "Today Show". I would think the network would be pretty furious over that.

Poor Sara Celi on KAUT at 9pm, trying to fight off "Rock Center" and Jaime Cerreta on FOX25 on the same night. That's just not a fair fight.

I'm still laughing over the name Sara Celi. Lol

23. Default Re: Where are all the former news anchors?

I don't want to start a new thread on this, but I wonder if KFOR sees the conflicting forces at work when they try to get people to watch KAUT at 9pm, while simultaneously plugging the heck out of the new show "Rock Center"? I'm still shaking my head at the fact that they beg us to switch over at 7am on weekdays, skipping the "Today Show". I would think the network would be pretty furious over that.

Poor Sara Celi on KAUT at 9pm, trying to fight off "Rock Center" and Jaime Cerreta on FOX25 on the same night. That's just not a fair fight.
    I'm with you. It's one of the odd fallouts of Reagan's deregulation measures of radio and television - which has killed off small town radio and homogenized big city radio. As for TV, being able to own "competing" stations in the same market and cross-promote, to the detriment of the network affiliate - was something that, before deregulation - would have been laughed at as to ever happening. Well.....

drum, I have mentioned that very same thing on other threads. I'm sure they are entirely within their rights by crosspromoting but it does seem like a strange way to do business. It would be like if I was moonlighting with another company and asked my customers to call me on a different number for the other company or after I finished work, I told my day customers to be sure to call me at night. I understand that both stations are owned by the same company but it is just weird and I would think that it would make any local advertisers wonder about where they should place their ads if the station was asking the viewers to change to a different station at a time when their ad might be on.

I just can't get into the 9 o'clock news - KAUT.......maybe Cherokee will take her old spot back? lol

Thread Information