Widgets Magazine
Page 164 of 217 FirstFirst ... 64114159160161162163164165166167168169214 ... LastLast
Results 4,076 to 4,100 of 5410

Thread: Convention Center

Blog Entries

Default Re: Convention Center

tear down, build something new, it's prime real estate

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    tear down, build something new, it's prime real estate
    Hopefully a company comes in and builds something really nice.Maybe a high rise tower.

Blog Entries

that would be great, but there are a limited number of existing entities that have the means and need to build a high rise tower, so I would manage your expectations.

I just hope some company doesn't tear it down and say they are gonna build something then don't. (cough cough OG&E)

When it does eventually get removed, will the city divide it into the four original blocks it used to be or will it continue to remain the obtrusive "superblock?"

Quote Originally Posted by cinnamonjock View Post
    When it does eventually get removed, will the city divide it into the four original blocks it used to be or will it continue to remain the obtrusive "superblock?"
    The City commissioned a study that recommended restoring the street grid.

That will make the area much easier to navigate, especially by foot, and better connect the train station to the rest of downtown.

maps 4 might be on the way i think i just saw something on the city`s facebook they said there is a new bond package coming september 12th.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnamonjock View Post
    Return to 4 blks with 4 skyscrapers and retail would be a real game changer.

This would be my dream: restore the street grid and rebuild some of the urbanity that was lost during urban renewal, and even rebuild some notable buildings such as the Baum Building and the Herskowitz Building (two of my favorites that were demolished).

SketchUp modeling I've been doing for fun:

Quote Originally Posted by KayneMo View Post
    This would be my dream: restore the street grid and rebuild some of the urbanity that was lost during urban renewal, and even rebuild some notable buildings such as the Baum Building and the Herskowitz Building (two of my favorites that were demolished).

That looks nice but need some talls in there and it would look even better.

Oh that would be amazing!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by _Kyle View Post
    maps 4 might be on the way i think i just saw something on the city`s facebook they said there is a new bond package coming september 12th.
    That is totally different than MAPS.

Will the new convention center have a lot higher capacity or just a little bit?

This is a good start, but hey man, next time you go into that mock-up, I'd love to see a sort of plan where the street-grid is pedestrian only and the "intersection" of California and Broadway is actually a town square type element.

I've posted in the Cox thread a bazillion times about a basic idea that I think would provide major momentum for OKC to go from a Tier 3 to a Tier 2 city if this block is developed correctly. You can find it here: http://www.okctalk.com/showthread.ph...246#post852246

It would be cool to see a rendering that showed a super cool public space right at the heart of that intersection.

Will the new convention center have a lot higher capacity or just a little bit?
    Cox is listed as having 100,000 sq. feet of exhibit space. The new center will have one exhibit hall alone with 200,000.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    Cox is listed as having 100,000 sq. feet of exhibit space. The new center will have one exhibit hall alone with 200,000.
    damn

What do you all think of this design?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	convention center 1.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	13538
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	convention center 2.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	105.0 KB 
ID:	13539  

19. Default Re: Convention Center

I have day dreamed many times of someone that could combine my love of old long gone buildings with the talent of rendering something in 3D what I'm imagining in my head. I've actually fantasized about this exact same idea on the former Cox site. Great job! I know it is extremely far fetched but our idea here rendered is the kind of thing that could get ideas going. Similar to an artist drawing concepts of fantasy movie characters or locations. If you needed any help....

Great work Kayne.

Thank you all for your feedbacks!

Blog Entries

What do you all think of this design?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	convention center 1.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	13538
    About a B+ for OKC considering that the convention center was the least popular project in MAPS 3.

Look at the current Cox Convention Center (43 years old, obsolete & antiquated) there is no way we could complete with cities like Fort Worth, Omaha, Louisville & Tulsa for conventions.

23. Default Re: Convention Center

Hey KayneMo do you have a Twitter? I can't send/receive any more messages here or I would contact you.

MAPS3 Re: Convention Center

This new convention center IMO looks a lot better than the big concrete block we have now

Quote Originally Posted by UnFrSaKn View Post
    Hey KayneMo do you have a Twitter? I can't send/receive any more messages here or I would contact you.
    I don't have a Twitter but I'm on Facebook! Do you have Facebook?

Thread Information