Widgets Magazine
Page 162 of 488 FirstFirst ... 62112157158159160161162163164165166167212262 ... LastLast
Results 4,026 to 4,050 of 12187

Thread: Devon Energy Center

Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I am sure Devon will be professional and maintain the 13th floor.
    Riiighttt....Your taste in being professional includes a lit flame on top of the tower to show the world how plentiful our natural gas is in addition to a light show for every holiday and sporting event.

There is a miniature 2nd floor, kind of like the Chase building. You can access the 2nd floor in the chase building with the elevators and you will be able to do the same in the Devon Tower. So with that being said, they have put glass on the 3rd floor, started putting glass on the 4th floor and they are working on the 12th floor at the top.

I am guessing there will be a 13th floor.

Quote Originally Posted by ndmoore View Post
    There is a miniature 2nd floor, kind of like the Chase building. You can access the 2nd floor in the chase building with the elevators and you will be able to do the same in the Devon Tower. So with that being said, they have put glass on the 3rd floor, started putting glass on the 4th floor and they are working on the 12th floor at the top.

I think ndmoore knows his stuff. I will take his word for it. 12th floor is underway. The outside view of the high first-floor fooled me...and when it opens the second floor will be obvious once inside...

Quote Originally Posted by ndmoore View Post

Yeah often this second miniature floor is called a mezzanine and not given the full floor status, however in this case I think they are giving it the full 2nd floor status in that the floor continues and engages the 2nd Floor of the Podium building north of the tower. There really isn't any way for them to name the floors without great confusion once the building is in operation.

So again I agree that they are currently working on the 12th floor and that the 13th floor will be the floor plate that will exceed the horizon line as viewed from the Web Cam.

Quote Originally Posted by OKC@heart View Post
    Yeah often this second miniature floor is called a mezanine and not given the full floor status, however in this case I think they are giving it the full 2nd floor status in that the floor continues and engages the 2nd Floor of the Podium building north of the tower. There really isn't any way for them to name the floors without great confusion once the building is in operation.

So again I agree that they are currently working on the 12th floor and that the 13th floor will be the floor plate that will exceed the horizon line as viewed from the Web Cam.
    Mezzanine...interesting word. I ran into it as a kid when I first rode my bike to the OU campus and went into the Student Union Building...and saw "mezzanine" mentioned. I suppose since there, the lobby is two stories, it qualified under the concept...see this link...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mezzani...rchitecture%29

Quote Originally Posted by hipsterdoofus View Post
    Unless it is somewhere I can't see...I don't understand the confusion behind the floor numbering. The only glass I see on the camera is on floors 2 and 3...

Do people keep counting the first floor as 2 floors?
    Think of it this way.. The Podium building is 5 stories tall. The 21' clearance floors top is a level above that, meaning that is the 6th floor. If you count down on the main building then the level above the exposed columns is the 3rd floor, so on and so forth...

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    Think of it this way.. The Podium building is 5 stories tall. The 21' clearance floors top is a level above that, meaning that is the 6th floor. If you count down on the main building then the level above the exposed columns is the 3rd floor, so on and so forth...
    Well I guess my confusion is in if the "second floor" is really being counted as a floor or yes, as a mezzanine of sorts - if it is listed as mezzanine (such as in the elevators) then the floor following would be classified as 2 I would assume - I believe this is the way the BOK building is set up.

Well I guess my confusion is in if the "second floor" is really being counted as a floor or yes, as a mezzanine of sorts - if it is listed as mezzanine (such as in the elevators) then the floor following would be classified as 2 I would assume - I believe this is the way the BOK building is set up.
    Someone said Devon was calling the mezzanine floor the second floor. I don't know what the actual definition of a mezzanine floor is, but I think you can consider this level being more of a "second level transfer floor". People coming from the main tower elevators can either walk to the second floor of the north podium building or walk to the west building by utilizing the elevated walkways of the atrium. So I imagine the elevators would list this floor as 2.

I can picture the bank of buttons in the elevators being in either of these orders: B(asement), G(round), M(ezzanine), 3, etc., or B, G, 2, 3, etc.

I was also confused about the floor numbering. i used to believe that the first floor was just one large floor and where the windows are, were on the second. but take a look at unforsakins video and look at the workers elevator. You will see the number for the floors beside each level, and the the floor with the windows all around is considered the third floor. So i stand corrected and they are have way threw with the 12th floor and is laying the pillars and flooring on the NE side of the 13th floor.

I think the questioning about the floor numbers is moot. When viewing the building from the SW, they have the floors labeled on the service elevator side of the building.

The floor above the mezzanine level is labeled the 3rd floor, 4th above that and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by holm1231 View Post
    I was also confused about the floor numbering. i used to believe that the first floor was just one large floor and where the windows are, were on the second. but take a look at unforsakins video and look at the workers elevator. You will see the number for the floors beside each level, and the the floor with the windows all around is considered the third floor. So i stand corrected and they are have way threw with the 12th floor and is laying the pillars and flooring on the NE side of the 13th floor.
    Oops. Some how I missed your post about the elevators having the numbers posted. You already had that pointed out.

Very cool Platemaker!

Shows how translucent that glass is going to be as opposed to the mirror-glass used in lots of buildings in the 80's.

15. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Is it really going to be that clear at night to see thru all that concrete?

The glass panes that line up with the floors are mirrored... the rest of the glass is clear.

Thunder the glass is as transparent as it appears in the image that platemaker took, however you will not see the structure of the building, because they will have installed a ceiling and that will align with the bottom of the darkened windows that are what we call spandrel glass. Spandrel glass has a coating that does not allow for any transparency so it can obscure the view of the floors and mechanical that hangs below them.

The glass that is being used has a special series of coatings. It has at least two panes of 1/4" glass with a 1/2" airspace between it. Depending on the thermal performance that they are needing the space can be filled with gas and the glass will has coatings that will reflect the UV rays according to the design performance requirements.

More recently there have been improved coatings that allow for a high degree of transparency with lower light levels but that are reflective and seem very mirror like in the most intense light.

Look at the Web cam in the early morning and you can see into the building relatively easily. After about 11:00 and on into the afternoon, it seems completely mirrored, and then at night with light from within it again appears transparent.

That was a great photo Platemaker thanks a ton for taking it! I had been wondering how far they had gotten with the 4th floor glazing and that answered that!

Quote Originally Posted by jmarkross View Post
    I suspect they will not...superstition rules...and leasing that floor in years to come by anyone would be needlessly difficult. Blame horror movies and people like Stephen King...it is a curious thing though...in this day and age this still goes on...
    I doubt that Devon is too worried about leasing out that floor in years to come since they're going to be using the entire building themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Is it really going to be that clear at night to see thru all that concrete?
    Yes even the bathrooms.

^^^lol, Metro.

The cores have officially broken the tree line from my vantage point just west of Portland on a industrial street I use as a shortcut between NW 39th & NW 36th Streets!

Quote Originally Posted by OKC@heart View Post

That was a great photo Platemaker thanks a ton for taking it! I had been wondering how far they had gotten with the 4th floor glazing and that answered that!
    Question on the windows, looking at some of the close-ups, how durable or strong are the fins? I was just wondering about how they will clean the windows, we have all seen the power scaffolds that are used to clean windows on high rise buildings, and they travel up and down against the glass.

Glad to see it will be dark/clear glass not the mirror glass. Can you imagine the glare coming off a building that large? Would be a driving hazard for anyone within 30 miles of the metro lol

Can anyone get any good pictures of the podium? I've been wondering whats going on over there. Thank you for anybody that can do that!

Quote Originally Posted by Troypin View Post
    Can anyone get any good pictures of the podium? I've been wondering whats going on over there. Thank you for anybody that can do that!
    They were pouring first floor columns when I drove by there a couple of days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Yes even the bathrooms.
    Ohh like City Bites! LOL!

Thread Information