Widgets Magazine
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Lofts at Maywood Park

Default Re: Lofts at Maywood Park

That is absolutely beautiful and stunning. Amazing environment. It's awesome to think about what hides in OKC. You just have to find it!

Quote Originally Posted by lindsey View Post
    Thought you all might be interested in how my unit looks (it was re-designed by Jacobs General Contractors):

Attachment 3297Attachment 3298Attachment 3299Attachment 3300Attachment 3301Attachment 3302
    Wow, you have a beautiful home, lindsey. I'm both impressed AND jealous.

Dang, looks like I linked to non-permanent urls on the last attempt...

Ok, I think these will be good.

Beautiful home - you have the exact unit I would want most.

What do you mean redesigned?

This looks totally different than any of the Maywoods I have seen. The floorings, wall textures - the LED accents.... This is some $$$$

It also looks like you have the best unit available [minus trains]... Top floor corner facing all of DT (Is this one of the 3 bedroom units?)

Thanks guys! I really love it and consider myself lucky that I happened to stumble upon it before the owner put it on the market.

The unit was completely gutted and re-designed (even the front door was moved). It is very different than any of the other units in the Maywood Lofts.

The unit consists of the 3rd and 4th floors. So no one above and only commercial below (which right now is vacant). It is a one-bedroom unit with one and half baths. Being on the corner allows a private balcony.

As for the train noise - don't notice it anymore. There are special windows and glass and added insulation as well as noise-reducing backing on the curtains. You really have to listen for the trains if the windows aren't open or the patio door.

This is why I never worry about unique and interesting architectural features or the lack thereof when I'm looking for a place to live. I believe there was a comment about the Central Avenue Villas being unimaginatively laid out (or something like that). I consider every house a blank canvas, and sometimes the blanker it is, the easier it is to put your own stamp on it. I'm always shocked when watching a show on HGTV and people talk about the paint colors of the walls or something that is easily changed. All I look at is the size and number of rooms. And even those can be changed.

Thanks guys! I really love it and consider myself lucky that I happened to stumble upon it before the owner put it on the market.

The unit was completely gutted and re-designed (even the front door was moved). It is very different than any of the other units in the Maywood Lofts.

The unit consists of the 3rd and 4th floors. So no one above and only commercial below (which right now is vacant). It is a one-bedroom unit with one and half baths. Being on the corner allows a private balcony.

As for the train noise - don't notice it anymore. There are special windows and glass and added insulation as well as noise-reducing backing on the curtains. You really have to listen for the trains if the windows aren't open or the patio door.
    Wow - awesome unit - so they do let you have windows that open. Damned lies! So much for that "ordinance" saying we can't. I should've known it was total hogwash. For the prices they're charging to buy these you'd think they could put windows that open? Unbelievable.

Breathtaking! Love your taste 100%. Thank you for sharing.

10. Default Re: Lofts at Maywood Park

Lindsay, can I post those photos over at OKC Central?

Sure Steve.

Beamin!

Anyone noticed the great things going on within our building? I'm so excited for the meeting this weekend to hear what the HOA has planned for next year. The street looks better now too and the missing lamp posts were put in in front of the building today...

Absolutely love the view driving up this hill. To think the area to the north (left) used to be flat parking lots...

Geezzz…US streets and parallel parking spots are so wide!

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    Geezzz…US streets and parallel parking spots are so wide!
    We have more blondes?

These are the only developments in DD that I am a little concerned about being completely sold. The Hill, Brownstones and Block 42 are all more for the higher end buyer. Level, Maywood apartments I & II, DD Apartments and Mosiac are or will be for renters at a pretty descent rate. Why are these not selling as well as the others? People complained that there wasn't enough for sale housing not in the $200k range. What gives?

I think they have plenty of interest, I believe the issue is trying to strike the right design/value balance on such a small project.

Huh? Outside of 2 or 3 units that have come back on the market from previous buyers, I was under the impression these were all sold.

I think the previous two posts should have been on the Maywood FLATS thread.

All these Maywoods are confusing.

There are only a few of these that are yet unsold - my unit (since I'm renting), the one next to me that's basically identical. And then a handful of others. At least one resident has moved out and his unit is for sale. But as Pete said, looks like the Maywoods got us all tripped up

As no1cub17 said, the developer still owns 6-7 units. Most of these are under lease, and only recently have some been listed again.

Units 308 and 312 are back on the market from previous buyer.
    The remaining 6-7 "unsold" units are all in the high-$200 / mid-$300 range, which I am sure makes it a tougher sell.

Thanks for letting me know there aren't as many not sold as I originally thought there were. I felt like early on about 75% of these lofts sat unoccupied for a while and I didn't understand why when there was such a demand for more affordable housing in DD. I always appreciate this board and all the people on it who provide insight to something I was ignorant about.

Two building permits to finish out the empty spaces on the ground floor:

$30,000 for a 2,150 square foot fitness center

and

$10,000 for 1,608 square foot interior design company.

NE 2nd continues to boom!

25. Default Re: Lofts at Maywood Park

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Two building permits to finish out the empty spaces on the ground floor:

$30,000 for a 2,150 square foot fitness center

and

$10,000 for 1,608 square foot interior design company.

NE 2nd continues to boom!
    I've always wondered if those spaces were empty. Good to know now that something is going in there.

Thread Information