Widgets Magazine
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: In-n-Out Burger

Default Re: In-n-Out Burger

Quote Originally Posted by Decious View Post
    According to this report, In-N-Out has recently been looking for a site in OKC.

https://www.naisullivangroup.com/wp-...ETAIL-2024.pdf
    Fantastic! I bet Bojangles will get here first with their recent partnership with Love's.

I also took notice in the report that Signature Grill in Edmond appears to be moving to 216 E Campbell in Edmond from their current strip mall location on Danforth. SG is I my top three overall restaurants in the metro area.

No Bojangles for Oklahoma. Gotta go to Arkansas. Sucks as they have good biscuits.
    https://www.oklahoman.com/story/busi...a/69697386007/

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    No Bojangles for Oklahoma. Gotta go to Arkansas. Sucks as they have good biscuits.
    https://www.oklahoman.com/story/busi...a/69697386007/
    Oh man, that's too bad. That is an old story hopefully they've changed their tune. We ate there while in Virginia earlier this summer. It's pretty darn good!

This article from February states in the agreement that they are able to expand in several states, Oklahoma being one of them. So I don't think the door is closed.

https://cstoredecisions.com/2024/02/...-across-texas/

The article Jersey Boss posted is from 2022, so if Bojangles has searched here recently, I’d imagine that report doesn’t apply anymore.

5. Default Re: In-n-Out Burger

That report from NAI Sullivan also mentions Steak and Shake. Didn't they have several franchises in the OKC metro years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    That report from NAI Sullivan also mentions Steak and Shake. Didn't they have several franchises in the OKC metro years ago?
    Yes, and it may be a situation like Chicken Salad Chick where they get a new franchisee and re-enter the market.

7. Default Re: In-n-Out Burger

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Yes, and it may be a situation like Chicken Salad Chick where they get a new franchisee and re-enter the market.
    Very cool. I used to hit the Steak and Shake in Joplin, MO, every time I drove to St. Louis. Great food if the franchisee knows what they are doing. The one in Edmond, as I recall, was too dirty for my standards and it just wasn't the same.

the one in MWC across from tinker was there for a long time (over 15 years) ... and was open 24 hours a day for about the first decade ....

its final 5 years or so it limited the hours and went down hill very quickly ..

Quote Originally Posted by citywokchinesefood View Post
    Going to a well managed Braum's is better than any in-an-out in Texas.
    Well now that is the trick, isn't it? lol

Finding a well managed braums. That's a real unicorn there.

In N Out has decent food. It's not good enough to make your knees buckle but it's good. Where In N Out wins is in the service and facilities. They are always clean, always friendly, and efficient.

I used to really like Steak and Shake. The last time I was at the one in Edmond, we waited forever for service. Finally left and never went back. A little later, they were gone.

Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    Well now that is the trick, isn't it? lol

Finding a well managed braums. That's a real unicorn there.

In N Out has decent food. It's not good enough to make your knees buckle but it's good. Where In N Out wins is in the service and facilities. They are always clean, always friendly, and efficient.
    We've had really good regular experiences at the Braum's on Danforth in Edmond.

12. Default Re: In-n-Out Burger

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    We've had really good regular experiences at the Braum's on Danforth in Edmond.
    The one at Memorial and MacArthur is one of the worst-run Braum's that I have encountered. One would think with its proximity to Gaillardia and the Deer Creek area that it would be better managed, but it's not.

The one at Memorial and MacArthur is one of the worst-run Braum's that I have encountered. One would think with its proximity to Gaillardia and the Deer Creek area that it would be better managed, but it's not.
    We should start a new Thread. Best and Worse Braums in the Metro. Council and Reno isn't the best.

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    We should start a new Thread. Best and Worse Braums in the Metro. Council and Reno isn't the best.
    I don't understand how they can't keep them clean.

it's one of the perplexing properties of the universe studied by theoretical physicists... given any random set of braum's locations, each location is simultaneously the worst.

Isn’t there a thread called “Braums”?

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    it's one of the perplexing properties of the universe studied by theoretical physicists... given any random set of braum's locations, each location is simultaneously the worst.
    I would say that applies to McDonalds, with the rare gem of location that actually serves pretty decent food.

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post
    I would say that applies to McDonalds, with the rare gem of location that actually serves pretty decent food.
    I think that’s true to a certain extent, But really at any McDonald’s the consistency varies though the food I’m not gonna say is healthy for you, Is halfway decent. But when they cook it good that sh!t slaps. Now with my experiences on on the West Coast In-N-Out’s, The good thing with them is the consistency. It’s not the best burger I’ve ever had, Nor are their fries, But for the price, it’s pretty good. I live right around the corner from one so I eat there once or twice a week which I’m gonna cut down on. That said restaurants like an In-N-Out Or a shake shack would be good to have as an option in the Oklahoma City area.

I’ll also second another posters excitement about steak ‘n Shake returning. It was a cold and rainy night in Oklahoma City, right around Covid when I discovered there was no more steak n shake to be found in the metropolitan area. Needless to say, I was not happy when I discovered this news. Though even before that I hadn’t eaten at one for years. It had just popped into my mind one night and I thought man some steak ‘n Shake would be really good. Some years later, I was in Dallas and I was trying to decide where to eat and I was driving along Preston Road in Frisco And I came across one and thought, huh? I’ll have that. I’m sure I went there when I lived in Dallas though I can’t remember. But that specific day I went, It was pretty good.

Some fast food chains just need to stay in their own regions though. Honestly, if it was up to me, I would prefer In-N-Out remain in the western states. I draw the line at Oklahoma City and Dallas. Tulsa doesn’t get one. They are too far east. But Tulsa does get a White Castle and Oklahoma City does not. The only ones I’ve ever had at the restaurants are in the Las Vegas and St. Louis areas.

Now I’ve noticed chains like Sonic and Whataburger To be on a downward spiral since expanding. Whataburger is still pretty decent. I absolutely cannot stand sonic anymore yet given its novelty. I still try it once a year.

Braum’s to me is good for one thing and that is their whole milk.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I think that’s true to a certain extent, But really at any McDonald’s the consistency varies though the food I’m not gonna say is healthy for you, Is halfway decent. But when they cook it good that sh!t slaps. Now with my experiences on on the West Coast In-N-Out’s, The good thing with them is the consistency. It’s not the best burger I’ve ever had, Nor are their fries, But for the price, it’s pretty good. I live right around the corner from one so I eat there once or twice a week which I’m gonna cut down on. That said restaurants like an In-N-Out Or a shake shack would be good to have as an option in the Oklahoma City area.

I’ll also second another posters excitement about steak ‘n Shake returning. It was a cold and rainy night in Oklahoma City, right around Covid when I discovered there was no more steak n shake to be found in the metropolitan area. Needless to say, I was not happy when I discovered this news. Though even before that I hadn’t eaten at one for years. It had just popped into my mind one night and I thought man some steak ‘n Shake would be really good. Some years later, I was in Dallas and I was trying to decide where to eat and I was driving along Preston Road in Frisco And I came across one and thought, huh? I’ll have that. I’m sure I went there when I lived in Dallas though I can’t remember. But that specific day I went, It was pretty good.

Some fast food chains just need to stay in their own regions though. Honestly, if it was up to me, I would prefer In-N-Out remain in the western states. I draw the line at Oklahoma City and Dallas. Tulsa doesn’t get one. They are too far east. But Tulsa does get a White Castle and Oklahoma City does not. The only ones I’ve ever had at the restaurants are in the Las Vegas and St. Louis areas.

Now I’ve noticed chains like Sonic and Whataburger To be on a downward spiral since expanding. Whataburger is still pretty decent. I absolutely cannot stand sonic anymore yet given its novelty. I still try it once a year.

Sonic has been dead to me for a couple of years and they used to be my gold standard for a fast-food cheeseburger. Last time I went, the chili cheese coney, the last vestige of quality there, was awful. I was done after that.

This summer, we were in Tulsa and were craving a burger, so we found a good rating burger place out West of Tulsa, but still in Tulsa, and it was like eating at Sonic in the 70's & 80's. Even the onion rings were identical to Sonics. Not the best burger I've had, but it was good.

Whataburger is still my go-to and I haven't noticed a decrease in quality since they got bought out.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post

I'm totally with you on Sonic, It was a quick downward spiral for them. To be fair, I didn't love them before, but would occasionally eat it.

Whataburger was definitely in my rotation, but slowly worked it's way out once they sold out. I felt like this was the most noticeable decline for me, maybe because it used to be a favorite. I've found myself going there again more recently, and it's either I forgot how good it used to be, or they've improved since the sale, cause I find it to be back to one of the top tier fast food burgers anyways.

What-A-Burger lost me when they discontinued the Monterey Melt.......

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    I'm totally with you on Sonic, It was a quick downward spiral for them. To be fair, I didn't love them before, but would occasionally eat it.

Whataburger was definitely in my rotation, but slowly worked it's way out once they sold out. I felt like this was the most noticeable decline for me, maybe because it used to be a favorite. I've found myself going there again more recently, and it's either I forgot how good it used to be, or they've improved since the sale, cause I find it to be back to one of the top tier fast food burgers anyways.
    I will definitely hit up Whataburger when I am in town at least once because they're still decent but alas I have noticed a decrease in their quality. It doesn't seem like it isn't something they can't a hold on and fix. Sonic needs to completely go back to the drawing board. Their employees are just rude as well. That entire chain is a shell of its former self.

Wasn't the Sonic brand acquired by a conglomerate of some sort? It isn't as "local" as it once was for sure. The Sonic building in Bricktown looked nearly abandoned the last couple of times I was in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptDave View Post
    Wasn't the Sonic brand acquired by a conglomerate of some sort? It isn't as "local" as it once was for sure. The Sonic building in Bricktown looked nearly abandoned the last couple of times I was in the area.
    Once Inspire Brands purchased it a few years ago, it went downhill, fast. Got way too corporate, and the quality has suffered.

Quote Originally Posted by bison34 View Post
    Once Inspire Brands purchased it a few years ago, it went downhill, fast. Got way too corporate, and the quality has suffered.
    It isn't even HQ'd in OKC anymore, right?

Thread Information