Widgets Magazine
Page 16 of 69 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202166 ... LastLast

Thread: Penn Square Mall

Default Re: Penn Square Mall

Someone educate me on how you spend $3.5 million on a 6,500 sq. ft buildout not including fixtures in an existing space? I'd like to be the contractor on that project. I've worked in marketing/real estate for national companies and that just doesn't compute for me.

2. Default Re: Penn Square Mall

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    You mean the Microsoft store should start construction in May?

Is Bachrach leaving for good?

Know what the plans are for the big Gap remodel?
    Microsoft is planning to make a big splash here.. They are taking half of the Bachrack space and all of the Coldwater Creek space. They are also opening in tulsa

Re a&f, wish management would make them take away the heavy cologne smell. Can barely tolerate that end of mall when going to wms Sonoma.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Someone educate me on how you spend $3.5 million on a 6,500 sq. ft buildout not including fixtures in an existing space? I'd like to be the contractor on that project. I've worked in marketing/real estate for national companies and that just doesn't compute for me.
    There was structure work involved and perhaps it does include some fixtures, such as the massive, wrap-around video walls that line the perimeter of the front half of the store.

The video walls may be part of the building permit since they are semi built-in.

But you are right, that is a ton of money.

Have there been any details revealed about the Mall Entrance project? I looked back a few pages and found the News OK article, but it seemed a little light on any specifics.

HangryHippo Guest

I have no problems with the cologne of A&F when compared to the putrid smell of Williams Sonoma when you walk by. My friends and I all want to vomit every time we pass by that store. It's god awful...

Regarding the entrances, all six are being re-done. Also the main restrooms.

The bigger entries will get more glass -- an atrium like effect.

I know the foodcourt bathroom is currently under construction, as is the food court itslef. Maybe they are waiting to complete those renovations before starting the exterior renovations.

Pleeeeeeeeezzzzzz tell me they are getting rid of those awful waterless urinals!

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sgt. pepper View Post
    Pleeeeeeeeezzzzzz tell me they are getting rid of those awful waterless urinals!
    I hope not. Why do you want them removed?

I'm interested in what could be going in Lane Bryant. Maybe rue 21, Disney , DEB or a Hibbit sports

12. Default Re: Penn Square Mall

Has anyone noticed if CC is under construction?
    I was at PSM late last night and there was a plastic curtain wall up in Coldwater, on the side adjacent to Bachrach/Microsoft.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    I have done some that have come close to that price per sf ($539/sf) in conference and meeting rooms, a ton of technology can drive up the cost quickly. From what I have seen in the store here in Denver it has much more integrated technology than the Apple stores which are minimalist, even in technology. Most of that type of built-in tech is probably in the GC contract.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuy View Post
    I'm interested in what could be going in Lane Bryant. Maybe rue 21, Disney , DEB or a Hibbit sports
    Hopefully not DEB or Hibbett Sports. Either of those would be a downgrade from Lane Bryant.

Penn Square had a Disney store back in the late '90s.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    Hopefully not DEB or Hibbett Sports. Either of those would be a downgrade from Lane Bryant.

Penn Square had a Disney store back in the late '90s.
    I personally wouldn't want to see a Rue 21 there either.

It seems like everytime I go into JCP at Penn Square they are always either moving things around or they're doing renovations. Today I went and a good portion was blocked and under construction, what is JCP trying to do? I miss the way JCP was several years ago instead of the new layout and pricing methods

It seems like everytime I go into JCP at Penn Square they are always either moving things around or they're doing renovations. Today I went and a good portion was blocked and under construction, what is JCP trying to do? I miss the way JCP was several years ago instead of the new layout and pricing methods
    They don't know. Whatever idea they had sounded good at the time. lol

They saw the problem they had and gambled that into a crisis that could end the company in the not too distant future.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    They saw the problem they had and gambled that into a crisis that could end the company in the not too distant future.
    Pretty much, typical story...new CEO brought in because of mediocre sales, changes everything, everyone hates the changes. He is probably gone by next quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
    Pretty much, typical story...new CEO brought in because of mediocre sales, changes everything, everyone hates the changes. He is probably gone by next quarter.
    Yes . . . Gone back into that rare and great lily pond of failed and rare CEOs--and soggy golden parachutes--awaiting the growth of new wings and the opportunity to sail again into the upper manangementsphere. A bit like combining a butterfly with a unicorn and a leprechaun, if you think about it. did i forget a phoenix? a phoenix with a fresh load of humbugs? sorry.

at the risk of being pedantic and repetitious (again): Suggested Reading: "The Mark Inside" by Amy Reading.

I got a tweet response back from Art of Shaving, they didn't give specifics, but said they plan on bringing their "perfect shave" to Penn later this fall. Score for OKC, but I hope it doesn't hurt Shave Shop in Classen Curve, that place is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryOKC6 View Post
    Microsoft is planning to make a big splash here.. They are taking half of the Bachrack space and all of the Coldwater Creek space. They are also opening in tulsa
    So where is Coldwater Creek going?

Quote Originally Posted by Debzkidz View Post
    So where is Coldwater Creek going?
    Possibly Lane Bryant or that Old muse store downstairs

I'm pretty sure Microsoft is taking all of Bachrach and a part of Coldwater's next door.

Coldwater will stay put, just remodeling and giving up a bit of their space.

This is what the building permits show.

25. Default Re: Penn Square Mall

I'm pretty sure Microsoft is taking all of Bachrach and a part of Coldwater's next door.

Coldwater will stay put, just remodeling and giving up a bit of their space.

This is what the building permits show.
    I have been working with the microsoft guys and they are going to start moving quick. I don't recallo which but they are taking all of one space and half of the other.

Thread Information