Widgets Magazine
Page 16 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Hill, The

Default Re: Hill, The

Perhaps they'll be able to start on the new phases now. Those places look really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Very nice! Love the elevator and all the decor.

Seems like you picked the perfect time to buy there.

Suddenly, the entire area is on fire. Funny how quickly things can pick up.
    Thanks, Pete! Now if I could have the perfect world, we'd have a moderate summer that didn't mimic last year in temperatures!

Default Re: The Hill

Quote Originally Posted by wsucougz View Post
    Okie Yorker - curious what your thoughts are on the Brownstones @ Maywood. Looks like you could have gone with either complex for the price(based on the link you posted).
    I thought the Brownstones at Maywood were nice (finish wise, etc.), however, I wasn't too thrilled with the flow and layout there. Regardless, they are nice units over there.

Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    Perhaps they'll be able to start on the new phases now. Those places look really nice.
    From what I understand, they should be starting two of the phases very soon....One building that will house some of the 1,600 to 1,800 sq. feet units and another that should have some slightly larger units between 2,000 & 2,500 feet (which I think is the perfect size...not too big, but still enough space so you don't feel cramped).

I'm hoping the pool/clubhouse gets started towards the end of the summer so it is ready for next year!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Okie Yorker View Post
    I personally closed on my 2nd unit (kept my original townhome as a rental property and rented it out the same day I put it on the market)

If you have any questions, fire away
    May we ask what you're charging for rent and the specs of your old unit?

Okie, I love your place but just have one question. In looking at the pic of the great room, is that the normal furniture placement? How would you see the TV over the fireplace from any of the couches?

Quote Originally Posted by Okie Yorker View Post
    I thought the Brownstones at Maywood were nice (finish wise, etc.), however, I wasn't too thrilled with the flow and layout there. Regardless, they are nice units over there.
    That's funny, since you live in NY as well. To me, the Brownstones are the most like east coast brownstones in terms of their layout. And the patio cannot be beat. The flow does take some getting used to, but once you've adjusted, it's great. We're happier with this house than most of our others in the past, all of which were two story houses.

Thanks, ljbab! I mounted the tv on an arm that you can extend out about 3 feet and swivel 180 degrees. It makes it handy if u want to watch tv on the sofa.

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    That's funny, since you live in NY as well. To me, the Brownstones are the most like east coast brownstones in terms of their layout. And the patio cannot be beat. The flow does take some getting used to, but once you've adjusted, it's great. We're happier with this house than most of our others in the past, all of which were two story houses.
    I do agree that they are nice, Betts :-). I'm right there with u on the not having a house thing...I was in a 4,000 square foot home on 1/2 acre in OKC for many years and have been downtown for a year. I do not miss the house & all the maintenance / utility bills at all! Glad u are liking your place as well!

Application before the Planning Commission to add 36 more units on 1.76 acres.

This would be in addition to the 32 built thus far and a total of 68 of the proposed 157.

It's about time...

I count 39 units in the white outlined areas. Is that second pic up to date or do you think they may have changed their proposal a little bit?

I think they've changed how they are going to lay out the additional units.

They also have 13 lots marked above that haven't been developed.

At this point, I'd rather them not get approval to completely build out the frontage on Perry, because that corner is the only possible location for any sort of retail use.

I don't like the fact the current developers are cherry-picking the best lots to develop because I believe there is a very good possibility they will never get to the parcels in the back, especially at the rate they are going. Eventually, another developer may have to be called in to finish the project and nothing will be left but highway frontage.

Also, Phase II was to have included the pool and clubhouse but they aren't planning to do that at this point, at least not in the location they had previously indicated. I didn't see anything in their app. including it with this phase.

I know right, I think it would be way better for them to develop the properties at the back--the ones facing 235. More people are gonna see those on a daily basis.

But of course, those back units will be much harder to sell which is why they want to develop all the ones in the front first.

My concern is that they will never get to those back units. It's taken them seven years to even propose another 36 and they still have another 89 (!) they said they would build.

County Assessor records show 25 of the original 36 sold; could be more under contract.

Well, if they don't ever sell those back units then I think they should develop that side into some kind of park for the community. It looks as if they have yet to build the 'town hall' and the local 'pool'. A park would be a nice addition.

Maybe they figure it will be easier to sell the back townhouses when the development is fuller. I agree, though, that those will be harder to sell. Maybe they should move the pools and clubhouse there as well. To be fair, they've had a huge increase in interest in the last year, so while it has taken them years to get here, the market has only picked up in the past year. I attribute a lot of that to the fact that they completely finished out all the units - no flapping tar paper or unfinished balconies anymore. They've landscaped it nicely. In addition, the public perception of who lives downtown is changing. And while they're not inexpensive on a square foot basis, the square footage is low enough that they're more affordable than where I live

This project has always bothered me because it seems like they tried to build it without actually blending it to the surrounding area. The pool is also throwing me off because it is essential located on a city street. It is like they took a plan for a gated townhome complex and dropped it on ungated city streets. It just seems out of place to me.

19. Default Re: Hill, The

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I think they've changed how they are going to lay out the additional units.

They also have 13 lots marked above that haven't been developed.

At this point, I'd rather them not get approval to completely build out the frontage on Perry, because that corner is the only possible location for any sort of retail use.

I don't like the fact the current developers are cherry-picking the best lots to develop because I believe there is a very good possibility they will never get to the parcels in the back, especially at the rate they are going. Eventually, another developer may have to be called in to finish the project and nothing will be left but highway frontage.

Also, Phase II was to have included the pool and clubhouse but they aren't planning to do that at this point, at least not in the location they had previously indicated. I didn't see anything in their app. including it with this phase.
    Pete, retail was never part of the Hill project. That is why McDermid's proposal should have been chosen, but it was not.

If they can sell the ones fronting the onramp, the other sites in the back shouldn't be too much of a problem I guess.

Hay Spartan - do you have any links to the proposal by McDermid?

I wonder if they put some gates up if this place would sell faster.

Wasn't Marva Ellard involved with the selected developer for this site?

22. Default Re: Hill, The

Yes, Marva was initially but she backed out of it when things were looking bad. And they were looking very bad for a while.

Kerry, I didn't save any renderings unfortunately, but it was spectacular. They were all over the Oklahoman, I wonder if Steve still has some since he wrote the coverage of that debacle. The proposal was called Ellison Park on the Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Pete, retail was never part of the Hill project. That is why McDermid's proposal should have been chosen, but it was not.

If they can sell the ones fronting the onramp, the other sites in the back shouldn't be too much of a problem I guess.

I know that retail was never part of their proposal but my concern is that they will never finish this development and the only decent lots for any other type of use will have been cherry-picked for a few townhouses.

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    Hay Spartan - do you have any links to the proposal by McDermid?

I wonder if they put some gates up if this place would sell faster.
    They did gate the back driveways. It's actually selling pretty quickly now. There are new sold signs up everytime I walk by and I don't think there are many unsold.

Here's McDermid's proposal for what became The Hill:

Thread Information