Widgets Magazine
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Guyutes

1. Default Re: Guyutes

Opening tomorrow at 6:00pm according to their FB page.

Default Re: Guyutes

actually drove by it today and the art looked very cool. Just hope they paint the whole building

It does look cool:

4. Default Re: Guyutes

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    It does look cool:

That does look great! I love the idea of having a mural as part of the decor.

More info and full food and drink menus:

OKCTalk - Guyutes opens tonight in Uptown

I love when menus have the vegetarian options clearly marked on the menu. I will definitely give them a try just for that reason alone.

7. Default Re: Guyutes

Sure hope they have a heated rooftop... Going to need it tonight!

this will be a regular spot for me to have a drink...bonus that there are vegetarian options for my wife to be interested in the family eating here. double bonus that I can stumble back to the casa from here.

So, I was at their soft opening, and I have to say, as much as I want this place to be successful, I have my doubts. I know the owners through a friend and expressed some of my thoughts...not saying I am an expert, but I left wanting for more. That atmosphere is pretty ok. The place is very dark and seems "clubish," which is not what I thought they were going for. I thought it was mainly a restaurant first, with a bar. There isn't much about the interior that is inviting or would make me think family friendly...very much caters to a specific crowd. There were also some odd design things that I saw, like not having any ADA access at the front door (may be at the rear of the building, I'm not sure) and the FDC was right at the front door. Plus it seems like they went through a lot of effort to save the original concrete block structure and I am not sure why...probably would've been cheaper to start new.

The food was pretty good, nothing out of this world, but I would say good enough to keep an establishment open. HOWEVER, the pricing seems ridiculous for what you get. We had a $7 dollar hummus appetizer and within 6-7 chips the hummus was completely gone. Several of us had wraps for our main course, mine was the $11 wrap, and it came out on an empty white plate, making me think I had way overspent for what it was. The wait staff was more knowledgeable about the Phish music that was blaring than the food they were serving.

I only had beers so I can't speak to how their cocktails are. They did have an awesome bartender, one you could tell had been to school for it. The rooftop patio was nice, overlooking 23rd, but we had to ask for music to be turned on, the lights to be turned on, and even though they had a full bar upstairs, no one was working it.

I realize a lot of this is the type of thing that gets worked out in the soft opening, so I am sure the service side of it will vastly improve. But the food/pricing and the atmosphere needs some work to compete in the growing 23rd market.

Just my thoughts. I really tried to stay positive about the place since I know the owners, but they will definitely need to work out some kinks.

10. Default Re: Guyutes

Now open!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0492.JPG 
Views:	85 
Size:	763.4 KB 
ID:	11326
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0492.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	719.8 KB 
ID:	11325  

Oh My God This Place Looks Awesome. On a side note, everyone who opposed this establishment can go straight to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by no1cub17 View Post
    Oh My God This Place Looks Awesome. On a side note, everyone who opposed this establishment can go straight to hell.
    I logged in just to say I love this post!

That menu sounds very inventive and I can't wait to try it out. I just wonder how many will be complaining that there is no pepperoni pizza?

14. Default Re: Guyutes

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    That menu sounds very inventive and I can't wait to try it out. I just wonder how many will be complaining that there is no pepperoni pizza?
    What? No pepperoni pizza?? That's just un-American!!!

15. Default Re: Guyutes

Guyutes crew from their Instagram feed:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	364.7 KB 
ID:	11330

16. Default Re: Guyutes

That menu looks awesome, I can't wait to try it out. Loving the band references.

Went last night. Didn't get there until like 11:30/12:00. Inside was limping along, Rooftop was kicking. Having both is going to work out really well for them because the view of the 23rd cottages just gives the place a great vibe and when the weather sucks, they'll have a place to get people in the door.

I've never been to California, but I get the sense that this is the kind of bar you might see out there. The rooftop patio is just too nice.

Did anyone go today? What an incredibly pleasant evening to spend outside. Spent it with good friends at Oak and Ore, not Guyutes, because it's in walking distance of their house in Gatewood. But we'll be at Guyutes soon enough. Too many choices these days! We keep saying we'll go back to Sidecar and haven't made it back yet. The vitality of Plaza tonight was amazing. Despite ODOT's best efforts, this city really is going places.

Went Wednesday night, and I will definitely be going back! I thought the food was great (I had the Poutine). Only pet peeve: having to order side items separate from the entree.

There are essentially three areas (with varying levels of "coolness"). The first dining section on the southside of the main floor is very minimalistic, almost completely unappealing. They try to do some nice things with the lighting, but I think some art or better lighting are in order. It feels like you're eating in a cellar (dark and no windows). The second dining area around the main bar is much more appealing. The third area (the roof patio) is the clear winner.

I think this place will do very well, even if it doesn't appeal to family diners. I think Guyutes knows their market, and I think--with a little fine tuning--they will keep them coming back

I went last night with a couple of friends. Snagged a table up on the rooftop. It was a very nice, relaxed atmosphere with the bonus of perfect weather and the sunset. I walked in a little after 7pm. Got a quick beer at the bar and talked to the very friendly bartenders. There weren't too many people inside, but the rooftop was packed. The beer and food selections were solid. We got the "Traffic Light" as an appetizer. Heard a few grumblings about having to order sides separately from the meals - "$4.00 for a side of onion rings?" The ketchup was interesting - almost curry-like. Our waitress seemed a little frazzled and at times a little lost by the crowd, but she was nice and treated us well just like all the other staff we came into contact with. My one peeve was that with even though outside, the rooftop is such a tight space, the cigarette smoke was pretty strong.

All in all, it was a nice experience. It's a FANTASTIC addition to the area, and I'm so glad that it's finally here. A group of friends and I plan on going out tonight, and you know it's a good problem to have when you can't decide where to go because of the options we have these days. Good times for OKC.

This place is going to be a smash success. Glad its finally open. Somebody else mentioned this, but this place definitely has a "California" feel to it. With this, the Pump, and the Tower Theater renovation 23rd St is becoming quite a cool place to be.

I just went. Important to note that it is not open for lunch yet. The owners said for the next two weeks they will be opening at 5 each day until they've broken the place in.

Pretty cool vibe! Yep, a bit "clubby". Doesn't bother me. We have very few such places. And yeah, it is "Californian" compared to here. Also fine with me.

23. Default Re: Guyutes

I went for dinner last night. We were able to get a table inside right away, but the rooftop was packed (and the place to be). Overall the place is great and is definitely different than anything that we have here. I got the Tequila Sunfryz and the Pip which were both good.... I look forward to trying more of the menu. Also, they were live streaming the Phish show last night.... something you don't see everyday in OKC.

A thread in an app used by many in the neighborhood has been critical of the influx of street parking in the neighborhood surrounding Guyutes. Mesta Park and Heritage Hills have been working with the city on a new traffic plan, and if the comments are any indication, Guyutes recent success is increasing awareness and interest in the traffic plan within the neighborhood.

It will be interesting to see if Guyutes feels pressure to encourage its patrons to not park on the street.

Street parking is open to anyone in mesta park and HH

Thread Information