Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Devon Business Practices

Devon invests in geothermal company:
    https://fervoenergy.com/fervo-energy...on-geothermal/

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorTaco View Post
    Devon invests in geothermal company:
    https://fervoenergy.com/fervo-energy...on-geothermal/
    I had heard Devon was a previous investor in Fervo, them investing even further makes me happy. I am a big fan of what Fervo is doing and have high hopes for the future of that technology, and it would be pretty slick for Oklahoma City if Devon started to as well based on their investments in the space.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I had heard Devon was a previous investor in Fervo, them investing even further makes me happy. I am a big fan of what Fervo is doing and have high hopes for the future of that technology, and it would be pretty slick for Oklahoma City if Devon started to as well based on their investments in the space.
    I have several friends there and have done some work for them. Solid group with a really cool plan that seems to be working.

Devon to acquire Houston based Grayson Mill
    https://www.reuters.com/markets/deal...ln-2024-07-08/

Default Re: Devon Energy Center

Devon buys Grayson Mills Energy Williston Basin business

https://apnews.com/article/devon-gra...m_medium=share

6. Default Re: Devon Energy Center

Interesting that the Devon stock went down after the announcement. Just looking around, Grayson doesn't appear to be much in the way of a player....small fries. I guess, as the article says, it's about the territory it gets them in. All that dividend and buyback talk didn't impress the investors though. 2.5 is only about $1 on their price right now, but still. You would normally expect an uptick with the announcement of an acquisition. I was also glad to see the article in the AP since the Joklahoman has that behind a paywall (that I will absolutely never pay for).

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    Interesting that the Devon stock went down after the announcement. Just looking around, Grayson doesn't appear to be much in the way of a player....small fries. I guess, as the article says, it's about the territory it gets them in. All that dividend and buyback talk didn't impress the investors though. 2.5 is only about $1 on their price right now, but still. You would normally expect an uptick with the announcement of an acquisition. I was also glad to see the article in the AP since the Joklahoman has that behind a paywall (that I will absolutely never pay for).
    Gets them more drillable acreage in the Bakken but wasn’t the mega acquisition the market was hoping for.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Gets them more drillable acreage in the Bakken but wasn’t the mega acquisition the market was hoping for.
    They basically bought them so they wouldn't get bought, buys time for the next M&A cycle. The acquisition and asset itself is, its fine. Not bad, not good.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    Yeah I have 2/3 of my money in DVN and most of the rest in TSLA. Needless to say I wish I had that flipped because Devon has been a terrible investment in the last year.

Quote Originally Posted by OU Adonis View Post
    Yeah I have 2/3 of my money in DVN and most of the rest in TSLA. Needless to say I wish I had that flipped because Devon has been a terrible investment in the last year.
    Haha, I won't take financial advice from you both of those are horrendous performers this year. Lol

Tesla way worse than Devon.

11. Default Re: Devon Energy Center

Quote Originally Posted by bison34 View Post
    Haha, I won't take financial advice from you both of those are horrendous performers this year. Lol

Tesla way worse than Devon.
    No matter how you look at it, this is completely inaccurate statement about Tesla. If you had the same amt. of TSLA Jan. 1 to today, you would be up about $35/share. If you bought in April, you could have almost doubled your money. Smh.......

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    No matter how you look at it, this is completely inaccurate statement about Tesla. If you had the same amt. of TSLA Jan. 1 to today, you would be up about $35/share. If you bought in April, you could have almost doubled your money. Smh.......
    Up until recently, it was the worst-performing stock in 2024.

My apologies. I don't follow the stock market that closely. I just remembered seeing them on every worst stock list.

13. Default Re: Devon Business Practices

It dropped in January and a dip in April. It has recovered and surpassed January. You can cherry pick time frames to make any point. My previous statement is accurate. What was "once" is not currently accurate.

Thread Information