Widgets Magazine
Page 156 of 488 FirstFirst ... 56106151152153154155156157158159160161206256 ... LastLast
Results 3,876 to 3,900 of 12187

Thread: Devon Energy Center

1. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Its a legit question, Metro.

Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

No it's not....you don't spend nearly $800 MILLION dollars on a corporate complex hiring the best people from across the nation on a project like this and miss details like that. This isn't some chop shop building a Del Rancho in Del City.

I'm sure they were smart and bought the rustproofing and undercoat protection plans from the building dealership. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

4. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Devon bought out Rust-Oleum just before they started construction. No problems. http://bit.ly/h4sy

Is there a spread alligator on the east end of the roof of the podium building? lol

Metro, that is the funniest crap I've read on here... "Del Rancho in Del City". And, no Thunder, that was not a legit question...

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    Is there a spread alligator on the east end of the roof of the podium building? lol

Metro, that is the funniest crap I've read on here... "Del Rancho in Del City". And, no Thunder, that was not a legit question...
    Agreed!

7. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Well, not my fault for wanting to know more about it. Just look at the Chase tower closely.

Give Thunder a break. If he really wanted to know about what he asked, just a simple "Yes, I'm sure they will take care of that" would have sufficed.

I don't understand why there is so much confusion about what floor they are working on. Floor nine is just being completed and they have begun to lay the planks of the tenth floor on the east side. The lobby is not two floors, even though it is the height of two, it is not!! The lobby is one large floor, and if there was a two tier lobby, then it would be floor 1R and 1D, or whatever, but still considered one floor. I am not try to be rude, seriously, i just get confused when a floor number is brought up and it is the wrong one that i am looking at. but i would like to say, that this is my favorite website for the time and i love all the input and work that people do, on this site, to get us closer to the building. I do appreciate it.

10. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Okay, well while you guys are pointlessly bickering over Thunder's remarks, something is wrong over at the tower. A SECTION HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM THE TENTH FLOOR, AS WELL AS TWO SUPPORT COLUMNS. AT 11:40 THIS MORNING, THE CAMERA SHOWED A TON OF PEOPLE AT THAT SECTION.

Can someone find out what is happening?
    Continue the Renaissance!!!

I've been wondering so myself. Not a lot of workers around now, that I can tell of, but Crane 2 looks like it's working around this particular area. Whatever the case may be, better that they caught it now instead of something going wrong later!

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    I've been wondering so myself. Not a lot of workers around now, that I can tell of, but Crane 2 looks like it's working around this particular area. Whatever the case may be, better that they caught it now instead of something going wrong later!
    Just confirms my thoughts that they should have brought in a first rate Construction Company, instead of second rate local Flintco. Remember the support pier in the substructure that had to be jackhammered out, the crane that fell over......

^^ Yeah even experienced tower builders in NYC have crane collapses and deaths!mistakes happen,no one was hurt at The Devon tower site and they are still right on schedule!I wouldnt be suprised if more mistakes happen!

14. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by redrunner View Post
    Can we implement an IQ test qualifying people to post on here?
    Are you sure you wanna test everyone? judging from your avatar... you're not working with much of an IQ either.

Just came from a drive downtown to take a look at the building. Still coming along nicely! It's amazing how fast it's going up!

Please bear in mind that there are two contractors on the Devon site - Holder-Flintco. There is also a form sub contractor, as you might recall. We have no idea what the problem is and until we KNOW what it is I think we ought not make judgments concerning anyone. I do think we need to remember how many local jobs this local contractor provides. I, for one, don't want this thread to become a negative back and forth that other threads have turned into. Please not on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by oncendone View Post
    Just confirms my thoughts that they should have brought in a first rate Construction Company, instead of second rate local Flintco. Remember the support pier in the substructure that had to be jackhammered out, the crane that fell over......
    What a stupid comment!! You don't think OKC should support local businesses?? It's a 2-3 year project with thousands of workers and 4-5 different jobs going on at the same time, 24 hours a day... Of course there's going to be mistakes! It's construction!! The important thing is they caught the mistake while they were putting up forms for the 11th floor instead of the 21st floor.

Just got home from taking pics down at the site! They aren't the greatest but I'll post them shortly for you all!

Sweet. Thanks, Rondo!

So could someone help me figure out how to get them on here? LOL! I emailed them to myself from my iphone and they are zipped i think? not the brightest when it comes to this sort of thing.

21. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by oncendone View Post
    Its more like 3rd rate or worse. Remember the drunken boss fired one of the nation's top crane operator? Yup, we had someone on the job recently being wrongfully fired. And Flintco still employs the drunken boss drinkin' on the job nonstop. As long it saves Devon money from paying for 1st rate construction crew.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Its more like 3rd rate or worse. Remember the drunken boss fired one of the nation's top crane operator? Yup, we had someone on the job recently being wrongfully fired. And Flintco still employs the drunken boss drinkin' on the job nonstop. As long it saves Devon money from paying for 1st rate construction crew.
    Where did that story come from, Thunder? Never heard that before now.

23. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

USG 60, Big Gene told us that story on page 102 of this thread, post #2547.

It looks like they jack hammered 2 of the columns away.

Them some purrrty windows!

Thread Information