Widgets Magazine
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Lofts at Maywood Park

Default Re: Lofts at Maywood Park

Quote Originally Posted by Praedura View Post
    Well, I was fooled. I wondered how all that fit into 1400sf! Ok, well it's a nice common area, but still, it should be identified clearly as such in the listing.
    I can see how someone would easily be tricked by that, so they probably should make that clear in the listing. The only reason I was able to quickly identify that as part of the common area is because I toured the building right before it opened and I remembered really liking the common area.

I don't know about the Common Room, but I do know that the rooftop deck is very frequently utilized, as I see/hear people up there all the time. It looks like a fun place to hang out.

3. Default Re: Lofts at Maywood Park

For 338K you'd think they could take some new stock photos lol..

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    For 338K you'd think they could take some new stock photos lol..
    Haha right - unit looks quite nice (with downtown view) - but wow that's a pretty hefty price. Are people really paying around that much for these units? Amazing - I guess I'm still suffering from a bit of sticker-shock, especially since all you hear about is OKC's "low" cost of living.

I think most present day suburbanites - like me - get a case of sticker shock when they first start looking in the newer downtown developments. It took the wind out of my sails when I first looked at The Hill. I keep hoping for homes in the $200-300K range with decent square footage to be built - I think $175-200/ft2 will be a sweet spot if it is economically feasible for a developer to build a quality product at that price point. I think ICF construction should come down in price and that will be the best alternative.

6. Default Re: Lofts at Maywood Park

Quote Originally Posted by no1cub17 View Post
    Haha right - unit looks quite nice (with downtown view) - but wow that's a pretty hefty price. Are people really paying around that much for these units? Amazing - I guess I'm still suffering from a bit of sticker-shock, especially since all you hear about is OKC's "low" cost of living.
    Yes, they're good units. I was referring to the glaring pre-Devon skyline view

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Yes, they're good units. I was referring to the glaring pre-Devon skyline view
    It's been at least 3 years, might as well wait another 3 or 4 so they get the Mystery Towers!

Hello All,

I'm happy to report that the turn over to the residents (from the developers) of the Maywood Park Owners Association consisting of EK Gaylord to Walnut and NE 2nd to NE 4th Streets is almost complete. And I am the new President. I plan to work closely with the new President of the Brownstones, the HOA at The Lofts and LEVEL. Among other things (like landscaping, irrigation system repair, trash collection) some of my big actions items this year are: (1) dog poop signs displaying the city ordinance and bags to pick up dog waste scattered around the neighborhood; (2) taking the fence down around the utility grade on 2nd street and putting in the sloped sidewalk to increase pedestrian friendliness (by the way - does anyone know a company that might want to bid for this project? I'm hoping you all might own or know of someone who also wants this done that wont be looking to turn a huge profit on it); (3) install trashcans on 2nd St in front of The Lofts; (4) get the City to re-install the missing light poles on 2nd Street; and (5) sharrow bike lane painted on the streets.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Congrats President Lindsey!

Love your action items. Thanks for stepping up and investing your time and energy to make that neighborhood a better place.

If you actually get that fence removed, the visual appearance of the street will improve ten fold. It looks like there is constant construction in that little square, so unappealing.

What little square are you referring to?

The one the fence is surrounding, the one I edited in the photo in post #329.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    The one the fence is surrounding, the one I edited in the photo in post #329.

Yep! That is exactly what I'm talking about. The issue will be cost and finding the money to pay for it this year since we have to spend so much money to get the landscaping on the streets and parks back into shape, which includes somehow repairing the water line that was cut to the south side of 2nd street (including that park)...however, it is a huge priority for me.

Sid,

Any ideas on companies to fix that section of the sidewalk?

Quote Originally Posted by sidburgess View Post
    You're the same one reporting everything on SeeClickFix right now too, right?
    Yep, that'd be me. I had success with one light and now have started to report all of them. I hope it works, there are WAY too many street lights out around downtown...I find it embarrassing and shocking to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by sidburgess View Post
    I agree. I've reported several in the past and had moderate success...but they don't stay on. They keep going out. It's going to take someone ruthless like you to do damage. SeeClickFix was actually a client of mine and I know the founders very well (Ben's a best friend). If you have any questions at all about the platform, just let me know. I know that app thoroughly.
    Why isn't there a Deep Deuce neighborhood on it? Also, we need to get more people in the neighborhood on it so that they can "like" or "request" that the actions items we add - that way it looks as if more than one person cares. I have reported 25 issues within the last couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptDave View Post
    I think most present day suburbanites - like me - get a case of sticker shock when they first start looking in the newer downtown developments. It took the wind out of my sails when I first looked at The Hill. I keep hoping for homes in the $200-300K range with decent square footage to be built - I think $175-200/ft2 will be a sweet spot if it is economically feasible for a developer to build a quality product at that price point. I think ICF construction should come down in price and that will be the best alternative.
    These developers are greedy. You can find quality new construction of equal or higher value in other cities, like Philly, for example. You will be surprised.

Thought you all might be interested in how my unit looks (it was re-designed by Jacobs General Contractors):

Page 2.pdfPage 3,4.pdfPage 5,6.pdfJacobs 1050 sq ft Urban Perfection 04.2012 copy.pdfPage 13.pdfPage 11,12.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by lindsey View Post
    Thought you all might be interested in how my unit looks (it was re-designed by Jacobs General Contractors):

Page 2.pdfPage 3,4.pdfPage 5,6.pdfJacobs 1050 sq ft Urban Perfection 04.2012 copy.pdfPage 13.pdf
    Page 11,12.pdf
    You could get some sweet pics of passing trains. Take a night shot with the Heartland Flyer parked at the station. That would be an epic picture!

Quote Originally Posted by lindsey View Post

Page 2.pdfPage 3,4.pdfPage 5,6.pdfJacobs 1050 sq ft Urban Perfection 04.2012 copy.pdfPage 13.pdfPage 11,12.pdf
    Gorgeous! What views!

I went ahead and extracted the photos from the pdf files so that they could be more easily enjoyed here:

Oops... I missed a couple of pics:

WOW - your unit looks amazing, Lindsey!
    I remember looking at this unit before the redesign - the transfermation is unreal. Thanks for sharing your pics!

Amazing Lindsey!

Thanks so much for sharing.

Wow. That's just unreal. I absolutely love it! Thanks for sharing!

Thread Information