Widgets Magazine
Page 15 of 66 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192065 ... LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

NBA Standings 2023-24 - https://www.espn.com/nba/standings

2. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Boop View Post
    You do realize that Minnesota is overrated right? Do not be too proud of the win
    For being overrated they sure have beat some pretty good teams - Boston, Denver, Philly, GSW(2x), NYK, Lakers, Miami, OKC, SAC, Dallas, Indy.....

Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by catcherinthewry View Post
    For being overrated they sure have beat some pretty good teams - Boston, Denver, Philly, GSW(2x), NYK, Lakers, Miami, OKC, SAC, Dallas, Indy.....
    Boop doesn't know anything about basketball with a take like that.

Blog Entries

You do realize that Minnesota is overrated right? Do not be too proud of the win
    You don't watch much NBA I take it.

NBA Standings as of Wednesday, December 27th

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	775B637A-D82C-40E2-B217-1517BF771A7F.jpeg 
Views:	38 
Size:	271.3 KB 
ID:	18527 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F7D75759-F80B-4439-9105-35C7B6465013.jpeg 
Views:	28 
Size:	258.4 KB 
ID:	18528

6. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Thanks everyone for chiming in and saving me the trouble of having to respond directly to that ridiculous (and undeservedly patronizing) take. I just re-read my own post, and just as I recalled, I did not compare the Timberwolves to the mid-teens Warriors or anything silly like that. Do I think they're the best team in the league at the moment? Maybe, maybe not. But first in the West is still first in the West, and the Thunder just stomped a mudhole in them. It was a VERY good win. Especially after coming off a tough loss to the Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    There are a handful of advantages of having "smallest arena in square footage" in the NBA. This is one of them. Here's hoping the new arena can keep the noise and fan experience close to the court.
    I think there is something inherently different about the OKC fan base, while some of the acoustics can certainly be attributed to the smaller arena, I don't expect much to change with the new arena. I think the fans we have going to the games are unique in their energy and love for the team, especially when they are doing well.

8. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Woof the Spurs are bad. The Pistons are (deservedly) getting all of the ink over their historically bad losing streak, but San Antonio isn't much better.

9. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

There are a handful of advantages of having "smallest arena in square footage" in the NBA. This is one of them. Here's hoping the new arena can keep the noise and fan experience close to the court.
    Quote Originally Posted by retrospective View Post
    I think there is something inherently different about the OKC fan base, while some of the acoustics can certainly be attributed to the smaller arena, I don't expect much to change with the new arena. I think the fans we have going to the games are unique in their energy and love for the team, especially when they are doing well.
    I think people are getting confused here with the additional square footage intended for the new arena. The gross dimensions of the bowl itself are likely to change very little. Seating capacity will probably be very similar. To be clear, nearly all of the additional square footage will be likely to occur OUTSIDE of the bowl itself; larger concourses, more premium areas throughout concourses and at courtside level, again, mostly outside of the bowl. There is almost no chance that the bowl will be noticeably more cavernous.

no, the square footage is missing in the concourse /media / locker room areas.

not the bowl itself.

Quote Originally Posted by catcherinthewry View Post
    Lakers and Pacers are not good, Lakers' record is 16-15 and Pacers record is 15-14 which are mediocre records

Quote Originally Posted by citywokchinesefood View Post
    Boop doesn't know anything about basketball with a take like that.
    Oh please, I am a season ticket holder to the Thunder but nice try but talk to me when the Thunder defeat Celtics who are a legit team

Oh please, I am a season ticket holder to the Thunder but nice try but talk to me when the Thunder defeat Celtics who are a legit team
    And the Wolves beat that same Celtics team already this season.

Lakers and Pacers are not good, Lakers' record is 16-15 and Pacers record is 15-14 which are mediocre records
    The Lakers just won the in-season tournament. They’re not the best in the league by any means but they aren’t a bad team when everyone is healthy and playing. Record matters but it isn’t everything.

LOL, the wolves, the nuggets and maybe even the clippers are every bit as good as the Celtics at this point in the season.

AH what have I missed here? Minnesota is far from being overrated. They most likely will finish first in the West. There are currently only 5 teams out of 30 with single digit losses. Minnesota is one of them Thunder also there and than the Big 3 in the East.

17. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Lakers and Pacers are middle of the pack, but they would still be play-in teams ATM. How are you going to dismiss the rest of those wins?

18. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

We did this to them last year w/o Chet.
    https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401468717

19. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Boop just proved that being a season ticket holder doesn't mean you know sh!t about the NBA.

Blog Entries

New York Knicks 120 @ Oklahoma City Thunder 129

Attendance: 18,203

Blog Entries

Friday, December 29, 2023
    Denver Nuggets @ Oklahoma City Thunder
    Paycom Center, OKC - 8:00 PM
    TV - Bally Sports Oklahoma
    WWLS-The Sports Animal Oklahoma City (98.1 FM), Tulsa (97.1 FM)

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post

Denver Nuggets @ Oklahoma City Thunder
    Paycom Center, OKC - 8:00 PM

This game is in Denver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    This game is in Denver
    Whoops! Thanks for pointing that out.

Oklahoma City Thunder @ Denver Nuggets
    Ball Arena, Denver - 8:00 PM

If your assertion is that the Celtics are a legit team, what do you think of the Bucks or the 76ers? If you think they are legit teams, well then the T-wolves have a better winning percentage than both of them...

But honestly, you are talking about a team that is two games back from being first in the west, with 20 wins with about 2/3 of the season to go and we were predicted to finish around 44 wins. Just like last year, we are well ahead of the predictions.

Can you just accept that the team is good and be happy that we have them?

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    If your assertion is that the Celtics are a legit team, what do you think of the Bucks or the 76ers? If you think they are legit teams, well then the T-wolves have a better winning percentage than both of them...

But honestly, you are talking about a team that is two games back from being first in the west, with 20 wins with about 2/3 of the season to go and we were predicted to finish around 44 wins. Just like last year, we are well ahead of the predictions.

Can you just accept that the team is good and be happy that we have them?
    Thunder is not that good and yes I am happy that Thunder is here but be prepared to be disappointed when Thunder lose in the playoffs, the Thunder is not winning a championship this year

Thread Information