Widgets Magazine
Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Devon Construction Cam

Default Re: Devon Tower Construction Cam!

I guess the mail "Must go Thru "

The mail "Must go Thru"....!!!!

Dadgum, it IS gone. I see though that it has NOT returned. Hmmm.

MadMonk Guest

Wonder if it's stuck on the side of the road somewhere?

Probably at the bottom of the ramp, I'd imagine.

Somebody parked in the white vans spot!

Quote Originally Posted by lasomeday View Post
    somebody parked in the white vans spot!
    Those Bastards!!

Is it just me or does anybody else see the optical illusion when looking at the two parking garage structures?

Because of the angles it looks like if you laid a ruler across the garages it would lay flat but it just happens to be the distances in the images. We all know the West Garage is twice as tall as the East Garage, but yet, in the image they look the same height. I think my eyes are messin with me only!

Perspective is a funny thing, Notice that if you focus soley on the smaller of the two that it being closer seems bigger than the 5 stories of the the original part on the larger expanded garage to the west. It is just perspective that does this. Fun though huh?

I am glad for one to see activity return to the site! looks like they are going to attempt pouring some more piers!

Its back!!

Smile Re: Devon Tower Construction Cam!

I'm also glad to see them back working. I'm really hooked on watching their progress. I can't wait for the building to start rising! How many more weeks before we will see that?

Quote Originally Posted by soonerwilliam View Post
    I'm also glad to see them back working. I'm really hooked on watching their progress. I can't wait for the building to start rising! How many more weeks before we will see that?
    I'm hoping for April 1st.

MadMonk Guest

Sunshine!

Dang you FOG!!!!!! I know that even though the fog is only obstructing minimal views of the progress being made on the piers, it is the sheer fact that I can't see that drives me crazy!!! Yeah... I am pretty much a Devon Tower construction junky...I guess this forum serves as my support group! It is after all a good habit and one which I am hopeful will be repeated many more times in the years forthcoming!

I too am a Devon cam junkie. Can you imagine being able to have watched the older downtown blgs. being built on cam?

they started to build the new west garage.. Didn't know if you guys new that or not

Smile Re: Devon Tower Construction Cam!

Thanks for the update!

Dear lord! Its THAT foggy out? wow..

I am new to this site but I have a birds eye view of the construction. I am locate on the 8th floor on the west side of the site. Some of the people in construction may reconise my address at 420 W. Main 8th floor. This is the Developement Center for the City of OKC. I also happend to have reviewed the plans for the garage expansion. I meant to bring a data cable so I could post some pics from my view. I will try and remember this next post. I saw a post about retail in the garage, there is none. The fitness center will be located on the west side on the 3rd floor. When I reviewed the plans this area was shown as shell, so I dont have any specifics on fitness center yet other than it will be around 4000 sq. ft..

Welcome Planman! We are glad to have you here. It will be nice to get some incite from one who has the access to the plans. I do not and am viewing remotely from Houston. Oklahoma is always my home though and am a "rabid" supporter of its growth and development and would love to end up back in OKC at some point.

So no retail on the street facing side at ground level? That is dissappointing but consistent with the renderings that have been released. I just would have hoped that with it having such a long footprint the planners would have been more concientious in expressing the desire to do what is necessary to reinforce a vibrant street at rather than the such a long expanse of wall that is dead.

It will be great to see some shots from your vantage point as I know that the expansion is taking place and we get limited views of its progress now that it is obsured by the rest of the building. Thanks in advance!

Looking forward to that angle of view. Thanks!

Hi Anonymous! Just wondering if you know how close they are to finishing the piers for the tower structure and when we might expect the matt foundation to be tied? I understand if there is a reason that you can't provide the info, but it would be cool to know a rough timeline. Thanks in advance if you know.

Here is on pic of west side of garage. I will post more later my work computer is giving me problems so I will do it from home this evening.

Great Pic! Thanks for that!

I noticed also that the job site trailers have temporary power running to them. Another sign we are approaching the structure emerging? I think so!

Here are more pics. We saw them set a cage of re-bar that was 100 ft. long in a pier hole yesterday. I think this may be the first of the piers for the actual tower. I will try to get a pic of them setting one.

Thread Information