Widgets Magazine
Page 15 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: OnCue OKC Expansion

1. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

I recently realized that the OnCue by my house at I-35 and East 15th actually has a hot food "OnCue Kitchen" inside. I'm familiar with their hot roller grill area with hot dogs and such (never indulged). But this is different; They offer made to order breakfast items, hamburgers, fries and pizzas from an actual 'kitchen' in the back.

Is this something many of their locations have or is it new? Anyone ever eat a burger from there (any good)? I wanna say there was a sign touting they locally sourced the ground beef from "Ralph's"? Not exactly sure, I'm going from foggy memory.

2. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    I recently realized that the OnCue by my house at I-35 and East 15th actually has a hot food "OnCue Kitchen" inside. I'm familiar with their hot roller grill area with hot dogs and such (never indulged). But this is different; They offer made to order breakfast items, hamburgers, fries and pizzas from an actual 'kitchen' in the back.

Is this something many of their locations have or is it new? Anyone ever eat a burger from there (any good)? I wanna say there was a sign touting they locally sourced the ground beef from "Ralph's"? Not exactly sure, I'm going from foggy memory.
    Pretty sure this is something new... I know the building prototype they use was changed recently.

3. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Went ahead and stopped in as I headed towards downtown. Had a sausage breakfast burrito. Gotta admit, it was bigger and fresher tasting than anything similar I’ve had from any chain fast food joint. Would eat one again when I some quick breakfast calories.

Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

The more I can get a QT like experience without going to Tulsa or Dallas, the better.

I’ve had their bacon cheese burger and was pleasantly surprised at how good it is.

I'll have to check this out. Sounds good.

You can see their menu and hours here:

Do they list the locations with this? Curious if the one in Mustang has this. I usually only stop for gas so haven't been in it in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    Do they list the locations with this? Curious if the one in Mustang has this. I usually only stop for gas so haven't been in it in awhile.
    Only OnCue with an OnCue Kitchen is the 15th & I-35 Edmond location.

Not sure if they'll be included in future stores.

It'd be nice for me if the future Northwest Expy & Blackwelder location has that option.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Only OnCue with an OnCue Kitchen is the 15th & I-35 Edmond location.

Not sure if they'll be included in future stores.
    Bummer.

Crossing fingers for the one on HW 74. They could be one of the few “food” options for people heading south. What’s north of there for breakfast? Only thing that comes to mind is Sonic.

I still wonder what's happened to the new location at SW 104 and Santa Fe....

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    I still wonder what's happened to the new location at SW 104 and Santa Fe....
    They now have a bunch of new locations in process, with several more yet to be announced.

They have a lot of balls in the air and seem to really be trying to dominate the OKC market. I suspect all their locations are doing very well; they all seem to be busy all the time.

Notice that 7/11 continues to be slow to respond with their new concept.

Did the “hot kitchen” in the new 7-11 stores push On Cue to include one as well?

terryinokc Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    The more I can get a QT like experience without going to Tulsa or Dallas, the better.
    Yes, this is almost exactly the same concept as QT has in their newer stores...and the food is actually very good.

IMO 7-11 won't be able to compete until they step up and start selling Top Tier fuels. This is my main reason for using OnCue almost exclusively. 7-11 is notorious for buying low end fuel.

I've mentioned this before but it's stunning to see the difference in number of cars at a 7-11 vs. a nearby OnCue.

The OnCue on 77 north of Robinson in Norman often has every single gas pump occupied and tons more cars in the lot. A little further south where 7-11 has a much better location on the corner of Robinson, you'll see a handful of cars on a good day.

Would be really interesting to know the daily revenues of an OnCue.

It would.

7-11 used to have such a good following. But by staying complacent and only ever reacting, they've pushed a lot of their loyal customers to another locally owned joint in OnCue.

They have no one to blame but themselves. But for 7-11 they still have a chance to redeem themselves. If they'd start reinvesting in all their locations, making necessary upgrades to older stores, and stop selling crappy low end fuel. They'd be competitive.

I'd much rather live in a world where I have 2 great local choices than one.

20. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

I've mentioned this before but it's stunning to see the difference in number of cars at a 7-11 vs. a nearby OnCue.
    Oddly one spot I thought OnCue would kill 7-11 was at the Shields location but I drive by their twice a day and the 7-11, while not as busy as the OnCue, still appears the be doing as much business as they did prior to OnCue opening there.

I've also noticed they tend to price their gas $0.01 below OnCue's price for E10.

You can see their menu and hours here:

There's a menu and hours in this picture?

Not seeing it.

22. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

The OnCue on 77 north of Robinson in Norman often has every single gas pump occupied and tons more cars in the lot. A little further south where 7-11 has a much better location on the corner of Robinson, you'll see a handful of cars on a good day.

Would be really interesting to know the daily revenues of an OnCue.
    That station is always packed. I wish it was closer to my house and I would go. Great location for people commuting in and out of Norman. Smart placement.

23. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    I've also noticed they tend to price their gas $0.01 below OnCue's price for E10.
    7-11 employees (at least the one I knew) are asked to bring in the prices of their nearest competitor when they arrive for their shift.
    After that info is delivered, there are some phone calls made. Generally, the price is then set a cent lower.

Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    There's a menu and hours in this picture?

Not seeing it.
    It’s on the TV screen behind the lady.

Kitchen hours: M-F 6am-8PM Sat. 7am-6PM Sun. 7am-3pm

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    It’s on the TV screen behind the lady.

Kitchen hours: M-F 6am-8PM Sat. 7am-6PM Sun. 7am-3pm
    You’re not really that dense are you?

Thread Information