Widgets Magazine
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Kroger

Default Re: Kroger

There could be an even bigger need, in the near future.

We were shopping at the original Edmond Crest last week and the checkout lane we went thru had one of those rotating, plastic bag holding contraptions like Wal-Mart, except with only three bag stands. We bring our own bags and the set-up didn't allow the poor cashier a place to put our bags while she placed groceries in them. Feeling really bad, I asked if we had accidently gotten into an express lane and she said no, they were going to do the same thing to all of the other checkout counters. She said half the front-end employees had already quit and that it was her last night on the job.

If Crest goes to a model where there are no sackers and the cashier has to bag groceries (in plastic bags) as they go, I think it's going to hurt them tremendously. Being full-service is one of the biggest draws for us. If someone like Kroger, HEB or another well regarded grocer came in with similar pricing, we'd drop Crest like a hot potato.

I don't know for certain that this is where Crest is going, but it is what we were told by our cashier.

Just used Kroger again today as I needed a bunch of small things and didn't want to go fight the heat, the crowds and then wander up and down endless aisles with no one to help and/or finding what I needed was out of stock, then standing in line to pay. Just click, they verify if they have the item, then set up a time for them to drop everything on your porch.

If you have flexibility in when you take delivery, Kroger now charges as little as $3.95. That's a screaming bargain and they do a great job.

Its very unfortunate to see the local company making such a poor customer service decision.

I also don’t understand why we have no chains like Kroger, Publix, Safeway, or any like that. Makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by therhett17 View Post
    I also don’t understand why we have no chains like Kroger, Publix, Safeway, or any like that. Makes no sense.
    Because it was all Safeway and a bunch of locals (mainly independent IGA's) and then the Oklahoma Homelands spun off from Safeway and became isolated and non-competitive, and Walmart took over.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Just used Kroger again today as I needed a bunch of small things and didn't want to go fight the heat, the crowds and then wander up and down endless aisles with no one to help and/or finding what I needed was out of stock, then standing in line to pay. Just click, they verify if they have the item, then set up a time for them to drop everything on your porch.

If you have flexibility in when you take delivery, Kroger now charges as little as $3.95. That's a screaming bargain and they do a great job.

What do you mean by they verify they have the items?

I have the Boost membership since I order pretty regularly, but some items (mostly things from the deli) come back as 'out of stock' on the order - with no replacement item option. That has been my only issue outside of delivery drivers getting lost. However, maybe I am doing something wrong with the substitute/replace feature.

Usually, when you search for an item they tell you if its in stock. But of course, you can allow substitutions and often times when you go to check out you might get a notice they are out of stock, allowing you to make your own substitution.

I tried shopping at the new Crest on Covell and Sooner in Edmond. Every time the meat I wanted was miss marked as something else way higher priced. It was plainly wrong like ground beef marked as a ribeye that kind of stupid. i would have to call the meat manager to get someone to properly label stuff. This takes way too long esp when the guy calls the employees out and chews them out. I just say its poor training and employees get to not caring. I went in one time to get some potatoes. First off the produce guess goes in to a Protestant come to my church and are you saved thing. Thank you I have my own church. it was again stupid. I went to the potato bags and they were flat out rotten potatoes in the bags. Nope I am not buying rotten potatoes. They were not just a little bad, they were way bad. I just gave up trying to shop at Crest. This is not how you keep customers.

When you figure what the cost of the gas to go to the store and back then your time, at $3.95 its a deal I have not tried them yet. I guess I should, for alot of people it just makes sense. I wish I had this option just before they started when my truck was at the dealership for over 3 months and living out a ways trying to get someone to drive me to a store to just do a curbside was next to impossible. It would have been great to have what i needed delivered, even at $7.95. I am just happy that now there are some new options for shopping. Crest and the other local stores need to up their service if they want to stay in competition. One other thought is for elderly that dont want to go and walk through (even with a sitting cart) its a great option

I was at Crest on Rockwell and Hefner on Monday and they were doing some kind of surveying in the parking lot.

Quote Originally Posted by oklip955 View Post
    I tried shopping at the new Crest on Covell and Sooner in Edmond. Every time the meat I wanted was miss marked as something else way higher priced. It was plainly wrong like ground beef marked as a ribeye that kind of stupid. i would have to call the meat manager to get someone to properly label stuff. This takes way too long esp when the guy calls the employees out and chews them out. I just say its poor training and employees get to not caring. I went in one time to get some potatoes. First off the produce guess goes in to a Protestant come to my church and are you saved thing. Thank you I have my own church. it was again stupid. I went to the potato bags and they were flat out rotten potatoes in the bags. Nope I am not buying rotten potatoes. They were not just a little bad, they were way bad. I just gave up trying to shop at Crest. This is not how you keep customers.
    The bagged produce products are not the same quality as the "same" loose produce product. The store employees don't have the time or ability to check each item in a bag. It's how the product comes to them from the warehouse.

It was not like one or two potatoes per bag. The lot of the potato bags with just about everyone were rotten. I mean really really rotten. All the bags needed to be thrown out. They were that bad.

My wife has showed them at the Yukon Crest the meat prices were mismarked. And always over priced. And they would change them on the spot.

I've been using Kroger delivery more frequently because you can get next-day delivery as low as $3.95 (depends on which time window you select). And there is no minimum purchase or subscription.

The whole thing is just fantastic. No more driving to a store, walking blocks, searching up and down every aisle for items, hoping they even have them in stock (and you can find what you are looking for), then dealing with the whole checkout PIA.

It seems Kroger had issues with keeping some items in stock right after launch, but the last 3-4 times I've used them it's just been a great service. AND they won't let you tip, let alone guilting you into a 20% surcharge.

I hope people use them more because I'd be sick if they left our market. If nothing else, it's invaluable to older people and those who don't live near a store with fresh groceries. And as I've said many times, it pretty much eliminates the need for a downtown grocer.

^^^ Yes, all of that. We do subscribe to their Boost program (which now gives us the option to convert points to redeemable dollars instead of just fuel discounts) and get weekly deliveries of absolutely everything we used to go to Homeland for (better selection, in-stock, etc.). We go to Sprouts weekly to get fresh produce, etc., and specialty, less popular items that Kroger doesn't carry.

And frozen and refrigerated items arrive *cold*.

Way better than using something like Instacart (which is also way more expensive).

It was not like one or two potatoes per bag. The lot of the potato bags with just about everyone were rotten. I mean really really rotten. All the bags needed to be thrown out. They were that bad.
    I have a little experience in this area and it sounds like 1) the produce people are not rotating their stock as new product comes in, 2) they are not culling their products daily and 3) because they operate on such small margins, management is under pressure to reduce shrinkage write-off so they leave it on the shelf longer. This is the produce manager's responsibility - but with pressure from store managers.

18. Default Re: Kroger

Have been using it weekly since 2022 and had my first-ever actual complaint; yesterday they delivered a head of cabbage that was rotten clear though. Black. Should have been easily caught when they were picking the order. Other than that the service has been a dream come true.

Still happily using the Kroger delivery here too, I've been getting a weekly Monday morning pre-work delivery for just a bit over a year now and I would not want to go back.

I use it weekly and have for a year or so. Only issues I ever have are broken eggs and bread getting smashed from time to time. But they always give a refund for damaged products.

Quote Originally Posted by Mballard85 View Post
    I use it weekly and have for a year or so. Only issues I ever have are broken eggs and bread getting smashed from time to time. But they always give a refund for damaged products.
    We stopped getting eggs from them, broken happened too many times, and the last straw was when they broke and the eggs got all over the container, bag, and porch. Drivers not ringing/knocking, just dropping and leaving has been the main problem for us.

My daughter placed a Kroger delivery for 8:00 PM and out of nowhere, Kroger decided to change the delivery time to 3:00 AM. No one responded to her messages to get this corrected and the groceries were indeed delivered at 3:00 and subsequently spoiled from the summer heat. She got a refund and claimed to be done with them but she confessed that she hated going to the store so much that she still uses them.

^

I find this very hard to believe.

Kroger only delivers between 5AM and 10PM.

Also, you always get a text and/or email when there is a delivery so she would have known it was there when she got up in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

I find this very hard to believe.

Kroger only delivers between 5AM and 10PM.

Also, you always get a text and/or email when there is a delivery so she would have known it was there when she got up in the morning.
    They’ll even give you a text if there’s weather causing issues. Also find it hard to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. XXL View Post
    My daughter placed a Kroger delivery for 8:00 PM and out of nowhere, Kroger decided to change the delivery time to 3:00 AM. No one responded to her messages to get this corrected and the groceries were indeed delivered at 3:00 and subsequently spoiled from the summer heat. She got a refund and claimed to be done with them but she confessed that she hated going to the store so much that she still uses them.
    I'm guessing typo and that should be 3:00 PM? Could easily be user error since 3s look like 8s.

Thread Information