Widgets Magazine
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Market at Czech Hall

Default Re: Market at Czech Hall

Combined it will be just eh two announced establishments.

In the last photo, I'm not sure Mod Pizza is still happening:

Too bad about Mod Pizza. Looks like Swig is busy with 16 cars in line.

MOD still has a General manager for the Yukon location on their website. Hopefully it’ll pan out.

Not sure they need a Mod there with Pie 5 not too far away.

Whataburger has filed plans to build on a pad in this development:

That's a great spot for them. A lot of traffic through there. I've been wondering when they'd open a location out here, the existing locations are a good 15 minutes away and most of their competitors have closer locations.

https://locations.modpizza.com/usa/o...-czech-hall-rd

Mod's website is still showing this location as coming soon. I wonder what the hold up is.

They have filed plans for the buildout of Pub W and Neighborhood Jam (last image):

Pub W and NJ are finally starting to go vertical. Things in Canadian county definitely move a little slower it seems.
    Also a sign up at MOD…coming soon
    Yonutz opened up, next to Longhorn, a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by roci28 View Post
    Pub W and NJ are finally starting to go vertical. Things in Canadian county definitely move a little slower it seems.
    Also a sign up at MOD…coming soon
    Yonutz opened up, next to Longhorn, a few weeks ago.
    Agreed! - Nice to see the steel finaly starting to go up. They must be confident now that the Sunday liquor law will be on/changed with the November ballot. - Can't imagine a Sunday morning brunch at Neighborhood Jam with no liquor.

IMG_4570.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Paule4ou View Post
    Agreed! - Nice to see the steel finaly starting to go up. They must be confident now that the Sunday liquor law will be on/changed with the November ballot. - Can't imagine a Sunday morning brunch at Neighborhood Jam with no liquor.

IMG_4570.jpg
    Is that a Canadian County thing? I remember going into that nearby BWW to watch an NFL game and they couldn't serve beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Is that a Canadian County thing? I remember going into that nearby BWW to watch an NFL game and they couldn't serve beer.
    yes I believe they can't serve "high point beer" (which now is all beer in Oklahoma) until after 2pm on sundays ..

https://www.koco.com/article/oklahom...%20and%20money.

Correct, no liquor by the drink in Canadian County until 2PM on Sundays.

How absolutely ridiculous to still be doing this 1/4 into the 21st century in America.

1000% agree….as do some of the new Commissioners in CC. It’s a process though. It’ll happen. Worse case scenario it’ll be on the March 2024 ballot.

Wow, I had no idea that was thing. Imaging going to watch football on Sunday and not being able to order a beer until well into the 2nd half of the noon games. I generally watch at home anyways but curious if there’s a huge draw at sports bars for the early games?

Quote Originally Posted by soonermike81 View Post
    Wow, I had no idea that was thing. Imaging going to watch football on Sunday and not being able to order a beer until well into the 2nd half of the noon games. I generally watch at home anyways but curious if there’s a huge draw at sports bars for the early games?
    This is exactly what happened to me.

I was out there doing photography and it was a warm day around 1 PM and even though I am not a fan of Buffalo Wild Wings, I thought, "Hey, there is a new one right here and a cold beer sounds good while I watch some football."

I was completely taken aback when I was told they couldn't serve until 2 PM. I wanted to argue with the waiter and tell them that couldn't possibly be right because I had zero idea such a thing still existed in this state, let alone in metro OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This is exactly what happened to me.

I was out there doing photography and it was a warm day around 1 PM and I even though I am not a fan of Buffalo Wild Wings, I thought, "Hey, there is a new one right here and a cold beer sounds good while I watch some football."

I was completely taken aback when I was told they couldn't serve until 2 PM. I wanted to argue with the waiter and tell them that couldn't possibly be right because I had zero idea such a thing still existed in this state, let alone in metro OKC.
    Crazy. Do you remember if they had a decent crowd at that time? I would imagine they’re losing a lot of business to places just up I-40. That is if a lot of people go out to bars for the noon games.

Quote Originally Posted by soonermike81 View Post
    Crazy. Do you remember if they had a decent crowd at that time? I would imagine they’re losing a lot of business to places just up I-40.
    Nobody was in there and I suddenly understood why.

And yes, you can drive just a few miles and have dozens of places to choose from. I should have just gone to the Garage near the Outlet Mall but by the time I got in my car and back on the highway, I just went home.

It was incredibly weird.

Crazy how all these developments mimic each other. Same setups in Moore, MWC, Norman, Edmond. Nothing is authentic anymore.

I guess not everyone obeys to the liquor laws. I've gone to Fuzzys in Yukon after church a few times and no problem getting drinks.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    Crazy how all these developments mimic each other. Same setups in Moore, MWC, Norman, Edmond. Nothing is authentic anymore.
    This. It’s pretty depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    Same in every city in the U.S., not just OKC.

Primos tends to do the same.

Thread Information