Widgets Magazine
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Where are all the former news anchors?

Default Re: Where are all the former news anchors?

Quote Originally Posted by CMYC5GO View Post
    Ok...here's a brain teaser for some of you. I moved down here in 1999, just in time for the May 3rd tornado. I'm thinking it was shortly after that that an early morning anchor showed up on KWTV, but for the life of me, I can't remember her name. She was dark haired, had slightly pronounced front teeth, and was pretty cute in a wholesome way. Anyway..she could NEVER get the words to come out right. She would stammer, make grammatical mistakes, and would sometimes act like she was totally lost. She didn't last long. I saw her again on a few commercials for some dentist office. I want to say her name was Amy, but who knows...my mind is feeble nowadays! Thanks in advance for the name! (if you remember it)
    Could you be thinking of Stacy Taylor?

Quote Originally Posted by duckman View Post
    Did anyone else notice that Andy Wallace has disappeared from KOCO? A new fellow named Damon Lane was working today. Who has the goods on what happened to RoboWallace
    I was in Fayetteville AR a few weeks ago, and saw Andy Wallace on a station there. I hadn't even realized was gone.

Quote Originally Posted by CMYC5GO View Post
    Ok...here's a brain teaser for some of you. I moved down here in 1999, just in time for the May 3rd tornado. I'm thinking it was shortly after that that an early morning anchor showed up on KWTV, but for the life of me, I can't remember her name. She was dark haired, had slightly pronounced front teeth, and was pretty cute in a wholesome way. Anyway..she could NEVER get the words to come out right. She would stammer, make grammatical mistakes, and would sometimes act like she was totally lost. She didn't last long. I saw her again on a few commercials for some dentist office. I want to say her name was Amy, but who knows...my mind is feeble nowadays! Thanks in advance for the name! (if you remember it)
    Amy Hawley...my god was she ever awful!

i was watching the Weekend Morning newscast on Channel 5 and i saw that Maggie Stokes who did Traffic for the Weekday morning just started doing anchoring on weekend Mornings what happen to Jiao Jiao Shen

I was up in Wichita KS last month and saw former KWTV sports anchor (and Del Rancho pitchman) John Snyder anchoring KSN-TV's evening newscasts.

6. Default Re: Where are all the former news anchors?

Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    i was watching the Weekend Morning newscast on Channel 5 and i saw that Maggie Stokes who did Traffic for the Weekday morning just started doing anchoring on weekend Mornings what happen to Jiao Jiao Shen
    Looks like she has left the building, according to the KOCO website:http://www.koco.com/koconewsteam/index.html

Her name is missing from this list. Good luck to Jiao Jaio, she is an excellent anchor/reporter. I will miss her on the air.

7. Default Re: Where are all the former news anchors?

Quote Originally Posted by lake hefner breeze View Post
    Looks like she has left the building, according to the KOCO website:http://www.koco.com/koconewsteam/index.html

Her name is missing from this list. Good luck to Jiao Jaio, she is an excellent anchor/reporter. I will miss her on the air.
    I dunno why she would do that. She loved coming onto the LW for all that thrills. :-(

From Erin Guy's facebook page:

Gordon Godfrey where JioaJiao go?
    March 14 at 9:00am

Erin Guy Still searching- moving to Kansas City to be with her boyfriend. I'll keep you updated!! Someone will be LUCKY to get her!
    March 14 at 9:02am"
    So it looks like she followed her heart without a job lined up.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I dunno why she would do that. She loved coming onto the LW for all that thrills. :-(
    Probably because KOCO is a godawful dysfunctional place to work...

thanks its going to be interested to see who does Traffic reports on Channel 5 morning show

How do you all feel about Stan Miller on News 9 in the Morning? Annoying? Funny?

Quote Originally Posted by diggyba View Post
    How do you all feel about Stan Miller on News 9 in the Morning? Annoying? Funny?
    I'm really trying to appreciate him...but....I can only watch for about 4 minutes...can't take much more.

Quote Originally Posted by diggyba View Post
    From the little I've seen of him, I like him. Seems wity and sharp spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by mcca7596 View Post
    From the little I've seen of him, I like him. Seems wity and sharp spoken.
    I agree. At times he goes a little overboard with the jokes but for the most part he does a great job.

Default Re: John Flick

Miller seems quite competent as a talking head and is less stiff than when he arrived.

I still believe the Marsh/Miller pairing isn't near as solid as compared to when it was Marsh/Murray working the morning slot.

16. Default Re: Where are all the former news anchors?

I was thrilled to see Stan Miller in OKC! Stan was at KUSI and KFMB in San Diego. I am
    suprised that he landed here. Don't be suprised to see him preaching somewhere. His
    faith is strong and he actually checked out of TV to preach for a while but went back
    to it.

Chris
    http://www.radiookc.com

Quote Originally Posted by RadioOKC View Post
    I was thrilled to see Stan Miller in OKC! Stan was at KUSI and KFMB in San Diego. I am
    suprised that he landed here. Don't be suprised to see him preaching somewhere. His
    faith is strong and he actually checked out of TV to preach for a while but went back
    to it.

Chris
    http://www.radiookc.com
    I guess he got homesick because he is originally from here.

I noticed while watching the wildfires burn in Spencer that Rusty Surette from KWTV is now the spokesperson for the American Red Cross.

19. Default Re: Where are all the former news anchors?

Hopefully we can add Christina Eckert and perhaps Lauren Nelson as well. Wow, they are HORRIBLE. Christina is terrible on the air, not able to speak in coherent statements most of the time, and if she is put in a Live (Breaking News) situation she just stumbles continuously. Lauren is not as bad, and probably seems worse due to the whole "guilt by association" thing. It says a lot when KWTV has been going to Kelly and Amanda as soon as they can during wildfire coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by venture79 View Post
    Hopefully we can add Christina Eckert and perhaps Lauren Nelson as well. Wow, they are HORRIBLE. Christina is terrible on the air, not able to speak in coherent statements most of the time, and if she is put in a Live (Breaking News) situation she just stumbles continuously. Lauren is not as bad, and probably seems worse due to the whole "guilt by association" thing. It says a lot when KWTV has been going to Kelly and Amanda as soon as they can during wildfire coverage.
    I know this is about former anchors rather than current "in the field" reporters but I have to mention that I think one of the best and most competent recent additions is KFOR's Adam Mertz. He will be moving up either here or in another city.

Quote Originally Posted by venture79 View Post
    Lauren isn't bad. I just love her because she is so down to earth and real. It doesn't hurt that she was Miss America either!

22. Default Re: Where are all the former news anchors?

What has happedn to Ed from channel nine. He was doing the weekends, but I havent seen him around the last few weeks?

23. Default Re: Where are all the former news anchors?

Ed Murray is on medical leave.

why is Nick Bender doing the noon broadcast at KWTV? I thought he moved to tulsa

Here is one of my favorite former OKC news anchors. He's now an anchor with the Detroit NBC affiliate, WDIV-TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up2QpiArLoQ

Thread Information