Widgets Magazine
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Lofts at Maywood Park

Default Re: Lofts at Maywood Park

I never have any issues with people parking in my spot in the West garage.

My answer to the City Council:
    I'm wondering what other options there are besides fencing it in - perhaps creating a slope or slant to meet the sidewalk or something - is that possible?

Their answer back:

You may need to address that with the developer(s), as they are the ones who made the call for the location. The way I understood it and that the proposed location, on the north side of the building, was level and at grade. I would imagine that the cost would be prohibitive for creating a slope considering the current angle.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Wow that is hilariously ridiculous.

It appears as they could just extend the 'flat surface' all the way across, and then have the newly created "step" slope off into the next concrete section at a more aggressive angle.

EG:

This makes entirely too much sense.

Has anyone approached the developer to do this? Seems like a no-brainer for them. Can't cost more than a few thousand.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    This makes entirely too much sense.

Has anyone approached the developer to do this? Seems like a no-brainer for them. Can't cost more than a few thousand.
    It would have cost them no more than the guard rail they had built......or close to it.

Another question for 2nd Street Lofts residents: Several posts ago a few of us discussed why we can't have windows that open and the theories/hypothetical laws prohibiting it. Having accepted that, have any of you come up with good work-arounds to maximize fresh air entry while minimizing insect entry? I've found that it's actually not that big a deal to leave my balcony door open for awhile (don't seem to be that many bugs this high up), but was just wondering those of you who've lived here for a few years had any better ideas.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by no1cub17 View Post
    Another question for 2nd Street Lofts residents: Several posts ago a few of us discussed why we can't have windows that open and the theories/hypothetical laws prohibiting it. Having accepted that, have any of you come up with good work-arounds to maximize fresh air entry while minimizing insect entry? I've found that it's actually not that big a deal to leave my balcony door open for awhile (don't seem to be that many bugs this high up), but was just wondering those of you who've lived here for a few years had any better ideas.
    Thanks!
    if i was an owner at 2nd street lofts .. i would 100% install a screen door on my patio

I live in the Lofts and leave my patio door open all night alot of times when it is nice. The bugs havent been an issue so far.

I live in the Brownstones, not the Lofts, but I leave our bedroom door open at night all the time (3rd floor) and have never had an issue with bugs.

9. Default Re: Lofts at Maywood Park

We have bugs this <~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~> big in Ohio in the summer and I leave my windows open all the time, but my flat is also above the street level...

For those of you that live in the Maywood Lofts, what is your biggest complaint? (excluding the random sidewalk fence over underground utility)

I am taking a serious look at some of these units later this week as I just acquired a job downtown and will be relocating.

There certainly have been some frustrations during these first couple years as control of the building transitioned to the owners, but now there is a solid HOA in place and enough residents who care to keep things running smoothly. Normal growing pains, but no real complaints to speak of…I’m very happy there.

PM me if you want to look around the building some time.

I agree. It’s a great place to live especially if you work downtown. I frankly location wise it’s the best for sale property in DT/DD. Also, the use of the club room is a plus in my book. I have had many parties and get together there. Also, the neighborhood is getting to have such a great feel and vibe with all the new residents in the Lofts and Level, and all the other downtown housing.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    For those of you that live in the Maywood Lofts, what is your biggest complaint? (excluding the random sidewalk fence over underground utility)

I am taking a serious look at some of these units later this week as I just acquired a job downtown and will be relocating.
    I really like it here too. I'm renting, moved in a few months ago and overall am very happy with it. My biggest complaint is that the windows don't open - whether that's actually due to a local ordinance or not is questionable. Having a balcony is nice, but there's no screen on the door to keep flying things out (my next project). The trains can be obnoxious at times but for the most part I sleep right through them now (quiet zone anyone?). All my friends who've visited are pleasantly surprised and impressed by the urban feel of this neighborhood. It'll be fantastic having Native Roots right next door too. Several more units have been leased out/sold since I moved in too so there's definitely a ton more interest living downtown.

Had a neighborhood associating meeting tonight - I think some good things are going to start happening in the Maywood Park area of Deep Deuce...especially with the landscaping.

That is great to hear - very welcomed news!
    Thanks for representing us there

Quote Originally Posted by sidburgess View Post
    Neighborhood association meeting?
    Just a guess, but probably Urban Neighbors.

Neighborhood association meeting?
    It was a meeting of the Maywood Park property owners. An area bounded by 2nd on the South, 4th on the North and The RR tracks and Walnut on East and West.

The developers and property owners agreed last night that critical mass has been reached, and it is time for the Homeowners to take over management of the association.

Only a few of the Brownstones remain uncommitted - Level Urban is finished and full - Only 2 or 3 of the Lofts are not yet sold - Aloft is coming along nicely - Ron Bradshaw is on target to complete BOTH of his apartment structures in the next 18-24 months, all in addition to other announcements that are not mine to make. (How does Lackmeyer keep his mouth shut about not yet public data?)

It's a great time to be in The Deuce!

Then we really should be talking. I have been working with Georgie to put together an official Deep Deuce Neighborhood Association.
    urban neighbors is your neighborhood association

Quote Originally Posted by lindsey View Post
    Had a neighborhood associating meeting tonight - I think some good things are going to start happening in the Maywood Park area of Deep Deuce...especially with the landscaping.
    home owners association is a better way to describe what your talking about

Yes I know. I am a member.
    which precludes the ability to create a "deep deuce neithborhood assoc"

Actually, there is now enough neighborhood differentiation and enough people living downtown that it might not be a bad idea to have subgroups within Urban Neighbors to represent the different neighborhoods, separate from a homeowners association. I don't know if there's any precedent for that, but I don't see why it would be a problem.

Thanks. I am actually quite aware of what we can do.

Splitters!!

There's a listing up for Apt 315:

1 NE 2nd Apt 315

$338,000 -- chump change

Quote Originally Posted by Praedura View Post

There's a listing up for Apt 315:

1 NE 2nd Apt 315

$338,000 -- chump change

Wow, that listing is a bit misleading. The 2nd and last pictures are not part of the units; they're part of the common area all residents have access to.

EDIT: NEVERMIND! I clicked on the link and looked at the actual listing and, at least to me, it doesn't appear like they're trying to say it's actually part of the unit for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    Wow, that listing is a bit misleading. The 2nd and last pictures are not part of the units; they're part of the common area all residents have access to.

EDIT: NEVERMIND! I clicked on the link and looked at the actual listing and, at least to me, it doesn't appear like they're trying to say it's actually part of the unit for sale.
    Well, I was fooled. I wondered how all that fit into 1400sf! Ok, well it's a nice common area, but still, it should be identified clearly as such in the listing.

Thread Information