Widgets Magazine
Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Devon Construction Cam

Default Re: Devon Tower Construction Cam!

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    They are still boring and getting ready for the expansion.
    Well that is pretty much what I thought, but someone the other day acted like they saw them starting to put up columns - I hadn't see anything of that nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauri101 View Post
    I usually get into office between 4:30 and 5 AM and they are there working. The area is lit up and the workers are buzzing. I love sipping that first cup of coffee with lights out so I can see the action.
    So if they start feeling like the government is spying on them, they're really not all that paranoid, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    The West side of the garage is going to be a add on to the garage now. They are expanding the garage pretty much out to Hudson. 10 storys as well.. It is just a open pit right now. They are boring still and getting the West side of the garage wall ready to add on.
    Pictures of the west side of the garage, showing the construction on that side, have been regularly posted on the other Devon thread. They are current, up to last week.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    So if they start feeling like the government is spying on them, they're really not all that paranoid, huh?
    Jut because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.

Hopefully, they are all good union members!

The camera is stuck again!

Quote Originally Posted by kinggober View Post
    The camera is stuck again!
    I hope the "Van" is not.

Quote Originally Posted by gen70 View Post
    I hope the "Van" is not.
    I think the van is full of listening devices.

Yes i am on the site alot. I can't say who i am, it will get me in a lot of trouble but i will up date what is going on when i can..

Just wave every now and again. We'll blow up the picture frame and figure it out on our own

The white van leaves every morning about 2:30 am or so and comes back around 9am or so.

Is the Red Crane in between the parking garages gone?

Now we are starting to see some serious excavation! That is what I am talking about!

Does anyone have a guess/answer on how much deeper the dig should go? I know we are all expecting the tying of the foundation in the next few weeks.

They have removed the access ramp into the pit area that they have been using until this morning and are currently excavating it out level with the remainder of the sight. They are now accessing the site from the West side and driving along the south of the Parking garages. I don't know exact timelines but this tells me that we are getting very close to seeing them tie the mat foundation for the tower.

Quick question! On the left side of the pic where the two pipes are laying on the ground near the tower foundation area, is that a rebar soon to be concrete column sticking out of the ground? If so, AWESOME!

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    Quick question! On the left side of the pic where the two pipes are laying on the ground near the tower foundation area, is that a rebar soon to be concrete column sticking out of the ground? If so, AWESOME!
    It is just laying on the ground ready to be picked up and put in a hole. They have probably drilled 15 to 20 holes and put rebar in there already. They just fill in the holes and cover it up so they can drive over it.

Quote Originally Posted by ndmoore View Post
    It is just laying on the ground ready to be picked up and put in a hole. They have probably drilled 15 to 20 holes and put rebar in there already. They just fill in the holes and cover it up so they can drive over it.
    Oh well. Thanks for the reply though! I'm just so ready to see something coming up out of the ground!

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    Oh well. Thanks for the reply though! I'm just so ready to see something coming up out of the ground!
    Me too!

What NDmoore said is exciting, because those "holes" have the structural steel reinforcing inside and have been filled with concrete forming the structural piers. So where as they are not protruding from the ground at this point as soon as they are done drilling and pouring the piers, they will expose the tops through excavation and that will show all of the piers and they will then be able to tie into them with the mat foundation reinforcing steel and that will be the significant step (once poured prior to structure emerging vertically from that point.

Remember that there is a lot of the structure in the ground already as we speak!

MadMonk Guest

A couple pics of that area from the east garage:

Thanks Madmonk for the pics! I have been dying for more detailed shots of the area! I am curious if anyone knows what the shaft looking thing is under the dozer in the first picture. Is is a remnant from the old parking garage? Or a chase or vault that will be part of the new one? Anonymous? Anyone? Just curious...

And we have lights on the added Stairs on the Garage...

I'll bet the white van doesn't leave toNIGHT. I'll look for tracks tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by USG '60 View Post
    Hey! USG '60, I just knew you were watching the "Van" Too. Ha Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by USG '60 View Post
    The Journal Record will still be delivered even in the icy conditions...

Thread Information