Widgets Magazine
Page 14 of 65 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181964 ... LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Soccer star Vini Jr of Real Madrid and the Brazilian national team was in attendance at tonight’s game. Pretty cool seeing celebrities make appearances in Oklahoma City.

Last night's energy at Paycom was electric. It rivaled the peak Thunder days from a decade ago and the O-K-C chant broke out for the first time in a long time. New Thunder beat the Old Thunder, but the crowd showed the love to Russ. This Thunder team is building into something special.

Quote Originally Posted by theanvil View Post
    Last night's energy at Paycom was electric. It rivaled the peak Thunder days from a decade ago and the O-K-C chant broke out for the first time in a long time. New Thunder beat the Old Thunder, but the crowd showed the love to Russ. This Thunder team is building into something special.
    I don't go to many games so maybe I imagined this. Maybe this is normal. But...

I thought the energy felt really muted at the beginning. The hype guys struggled to get people loud and energized. When the game was starting our folks were coming out there didn't seem to be a lot of excitement. It was only really when Russ came off the bench did people really seem to start to be excited.

But as the game went on and we, except for briefly, held a pretty commanding lead the energy swelled up for our guys until, by the end, it was as you said. HYPE. It really felt like a symbolic transfer. Now people know what our current team can do. This game was a statement. Out with the old. In with the new.

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi Blues View Post
    Soccer star Vini Jr of Real Madrid and the Brazilian national team was in attendance at tonight’s game. Pretty cool seeing celebrities make appearances in Oklahoma City.
    He's a friend of Shai. Shai went to Spain last summer to see him play.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    I don't go to many games so maybe I imagined this. Maybe this is normal. But...

I thought the energy felt really muted at the beginning. The hype guys struggled to get people loud and energized. When the game was starting our folks were coming out there didn't seem to be a lot of excitement. It was only really when Russ came off the bench did people really seem to start to be excited.

But as the game went on and we, except for briefly, held a pretty commanding lead the energy swelled up for our guys until, by the end, it was as you said. HYPE. It really felt like a symbolic transfer. Now people know what our current team can do. This game was a statement. Out with the old. In with the new.
    We were in our seats about 15 minutes prior to tip off and you are right. I think weather had something to do with it trickling in. Once a few really nice plays happened (Giddey's behind the back pass, SGA breaking ankles), the crowd got into it more.

That alley oop Chet threw to himself off the backboard brought the house to its feet and it was hyped after that. I had the feeling of "We're back!" as I was leaving and the crowd was chanting O-K-C.
    We went through a few lean years as season ticket holders so it is that much sweeter.

Quote Originally Posted by CCOKC View Post
    That alley oop Chet threw to himself off the backboard brought the house to its feet and it was hyped after that. I had the feeling of "We're back!" as I was leaving and the crowd was chanting O-K-C.
    We went through a few lean years as season ticket holders so it is that much sweeter.
    Whats crazy is that we were only really uncompetitive for like 2 seasons but it feels like it was an eternity. Must really suck to be a fan of a team like the Knicks that were so good for a long time but have been almost completely irrelevant for most of my life lol.

8. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Whats crazy is that we were only really uncompetitive for like 2 seasons but it feels like it was an eternity. Must really suck to be a fan of a team like the Knicks that were so good for a long time but have been almost completely irrelevant for most of my life lol.
    And people online called us the black eye of the league for “tanking” I’d love to see what those teams says about the pistons.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    And people online called us the black eye of the league for “tanking” I’d love to see what those teams says about the pistons.
    Most fans are like a lot of posters on a lot of subjects. They have no clue as to what is really going on and what the odds of success or failure really are. They then lose site of objectivity and context. Most fans are focused on very short term signs which are simplistic and general…. Mostly this year’s wins and losses.

And, it seems most fans are highly critical and non-objective about all the other teams, especially their rivals.

Sports is not unlike the rest of life, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Most fans are like a lot of posters on a lot of subjects. They have no clue as to what is really going on and what the odds of success or failure really are. They then lose site of objectivity and context. Most fans are focused on very short term signs which are simplistic and general…. Mostly this year’s wins and losses.

And, it seems most fans are highly critical and non-objective about all the other teams, especially their rivals.

Sports is not unlike the rest of life, huh?
    It wasn't a fan that called us the Black Eye of the NBA it was Justin Termine on NBA radio and I call him out ever day on x

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Los Angeles Lakes 129 @ Oklahoma City Thunder 120

Box score https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401585025

Attendance: 18,203

Blog Entries

Tuesday, December 26, 2023
    Minnesota T-Wolves @ Oklahoma City Thunder
    Paycom Center, OKC - 7:00 PM
    TV - Bally Sports Oklahoma
    WWLS-The Sports Animal Oklahoma City (98.1 FM), Tulsa (97.1 FM)

Blog Entries

Injury Report: Minnesota Timberwolves @ Oklahoma City Thunder

F

Blog Entries

Minnesota Timberwolves 106 @ Oklahoma City Thunder 129

Box score https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401585039

Attendance: 18,203

Blog Entries

Wednesday, December 27, 2023
    New York Knicks @ Oklahoma City Thunder
    Paycom Center, OKC - 7:00 PM
    TV - Bally Sports Oklahoma
    WWLS-The Sports Animal Oklahoma City (98.1 FM), Tulsa (97.1 FM)

16. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Just gonna throw this out there…Minnesota is first place in the Western Conference, and the Thunder beat that ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Just gonna throw this out there…Minnesota is first place in the Western Conference, and the Thunder beat that ass.
    And it was their largest point loss of the season, being beat by 23 points. Very fun game to watch, Paycom is becoming noticeably more loud and energized as this season goes on

I have been to five games this season and each one has been progressively more full. Last night against the 'Wolves it seemed almost every seat was full. I think the days of cheap tickets are very numbered. The Thunder are back.

I didn't watch the game, so forgive me, but didn't people say Chet couldn't line up with people like Gobert and KAT and then they were limited to 26 points in 58 minutes...

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    I didn't watch the game, so forgive me, but didn't people say Chet couldn't line up with people like Gobert and KAT and then they were limited to 26 points in 58 minutes...
    Watched a sequence in the second half where Chet played aggressive defensive on Gobert. Expected Rudy to just back him down to the hoop, but Chet had solid footwork and used his full length to stick to him like glue, which forced a marginal 5 to 8 foot shot, rather than the dunk I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    Watched a sequence in the second half where Chet played aggressive defensive on Gobert. Expected Rudy to just back him down to the hoop, but Chet had solid footwork and used his full length to stick to him like glue, which forced a marginal 5 to 8 foot shot, rather than the dunk I expected.
    And when you have solid defenders like Dort, SGA and JDub around you, they can pitch in a help.

Quote Originally Posted by retrospective View Post
    And it was their largest point loss of the season, being beat by 23 points. Very fun game to watch, Paycom is becoming noticeably more loud and energized as this season goes on
    There are a handful of advantages of having "smallest arena in square footage" in the NBA. This is one of them. Here's hoping the new arena can keep the noise and fan experience close to the court.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    You do realize that Minnesota is overrated right? Do not be too proud of the win

Quote Originally Posted by Boop View Post
    You do realize that Minnesota is overrated right? Do not be too proud of the win
    They are #1 in the west. They might be overrated, but that doesn't change the fact that they have the best record and would be #2 overall (just behind Boston).

25. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Boop View Post
    But it is something to be proud of. Our team is amazing. Overrated or not, the Timberwolves are the best in the Western Conference so it's a big deal worth celebrating.

Thread Information