Widgets Magazine
Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: OKC Energy FC

Default Re: OKC Energy FC

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I hate to say it, but the Energy appear to be simply terrible.

5-nil loss last night at Galaxy II and 2nd to last in the 14-team table, only 3 points from dead bottom.

Their marketing and professionalism are fantastic, but they need to put a decent product on the field.
    It's their backline, it's freaking terrible. It might be the goalkeeping too, but it's hard to tell because the defending is so bad.

No reason to stop support though, we'll be there Saturday again.

They've conceded more goals (20 in 9 games) than anyone else in the league.

On the other hand, they can't score either.

They have played 6 of their first 9 on the road but, they've lost all three home games so I'm not sure where they play has much to do with anything.

I'm not saying people shouldn't support them, but if they don't improve their squad the initial interest and excitement will quickly fade.

Quote Originally Posted by Sid Burgess View Post
    A certain other team in OKC started off horrible. Just might be the way things work themselves out in OKC sports.
    At least that other team had the decency to be in a league at the top of its domestic pyramid

They've conceded more goals (20 in 9 games) than anyone else in the league.

On the other hand, they can't score either.

They have played 6 of their first 9 on the road but, they've lost all three home games so I'm not sure where they play has much to do with anything.

I'm not saying people shouldn't support them, but if they don't improve their squad the initial interest and excitement will quickly fade.
    I know you weren't sorry if my post came across that way.

I believe they've played a pretty tough scheduled to begin as well. Orlando twice (defending champs) and Galaxy II are two of the better teams in USL I think. No excuses though, Nielsen's gotta fix that leaking sieve of a defense.

I'm sure it's very hard to evaluate personnel and have any idea how they'll do against other squads until you play a fair bit.

I'm really impressed with the organization and I'm sure they'll make some needed changes.

At least with the Thunder, that was an existing NBA squad. This is an entirely new team, so very little to zero carried over cohesion between players which we all know is incredibly important in soccer.

Another thing I'm not sure on and maybe someone else could chime in, how much of an influence does the MLS parent club of each USL team have? Could be one of those instances where results in the form of wins and losses isn't the most important, but development of talent and instruction of upper league tactics is.

Quote Originally Posted by pahdz View Post
    At least with the Thunder, that was an existing NBA squad. This is an entirely new team, so very little to zero carried over cohesion between players which we all know is incredibly important in soccer.

Another thing I'm not sure on and maybe someone else could chime in, how much of an influence does the MLS parent club of each USL team have? Could be one of those instances where results in the form of wins and losses isn't the most important, but development of talent and instruction of upper league tactics is.
    Even then the parent club is still spiting talent they send over to us with Orlando's this year, I am guessing is was part of an earlier agreement and Orlando leaving the league was why they had some urgency in finding a different affiliate. Poor records seem extremely common among expansion teams, the Barrons were a bit of an outlier there but like you said there are some other league dynamics that can affect results.

The Barons just happened to be the benefactor of the worst NHL team in the league, meaning we had some pretty solid young talent when we got the team.

I wasn't aware that Sporting was still sending some of their players to Orlando, that will certainly help next year.

9. Default Re: OKC Energy FC

It's their backline, it's freaking terrible. It might be the goalkeeping too, but it's hard to tell because the defending is so bad.

No reason to stop support though, we'll be there Saturday again.
    I'd hate to say Kempin is bad. But he has made some pretty dumb mistakes on the pitch. I'm pretty sure he was one of SKC's first home grown players.

Apparently Ellis did really well with SKC against Toronto FC the other night and gave Defoe hell.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewmperry View Post
    I'd hate to say Kempin is bad. But he has made some pretty dumb mistakes on the pitch. I'm pretty sure he was one of SKC's first home grown players.

Apparently Ellis did really well with SKC against Toronto FC the other night and gave Defoe hell.
    Yeah Kempin deserves blame too. Ellis was obviously the shining star back there, the problem was with the center backs. I thought someone told me Kempin was the U-21 keeper for the USMNT. If so....dayum.

11. Default Re: OKC Energy FC

LOL soccer

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    LOL soccer
    dynamite drop in

Blog Entries

Good point!

The first start-up franchise, USL-Pro Oklahoma City FC vs. NASL Oklahoma City FC (2015) to put a winner or a competitive team on the field might swing the advantage in their favor.

Got to admit that the Energy's front office has done a superb job with the market aspects of the organization.

"Oklahoma City looks oh-so pretty... ...as I get my kicks on Route 66." --Nat King Cole.

14. Default Re: OKC Energy FC

Yeah Kempin deserves blame too. Ellis was obviously the shining star back there, the problem was with the center backs. I thought someone told me Kempin was the U-21 keeper for the USMNT. If so....dayum.
    Yeah he is the U-21 keeper.

I hate to say it, but the Energy appear to be simply terrible.

5-nil loss last night at Galaxy II and 2nd to last in the 14-team table, only 3 points from dead bottom.

Their marketing and professionalism are fantastic, but they need to put a decent product on the field.
    I'm giving it a full year, even two, to expect greatness. It's tough to build a team from scratch.

Kempin is definitely out of position very often. And, me just being the observer, it doesn't seem like the opponent is causing it, he just always seems in the wrong spot.

Badr played in goal during the Tulsa USOC game and did really well. Really should give him a go more often.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

NASL/USL Pro attendance as of last weekend. This is encouraging for Energy FC as the club is just behind what MLS-bound Orlando FC is averaging. Hopefully after the downtown stadium is built, the team can give the Indy Eleven and Sacramento Republic FC a run for their money.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Attendance Tier 2 and 3.JPG 
Views:	324 
Size:	137.9 KB 
ID:	7955

Quote Originally Posted by NegativeCreep View Post
    Kempin is definitely out of position very often. And, me just being the observer, it doesn't seem like the opponent is causing it, he just always seems in the wrong spot.

Badr played in goal during the Tulsa USOC game and did really well. Really should give him a go more often.

I agree with your assessment of Kempin. It seems like a number of the goals are due to being out of position. I don't get it.

Do you think Badr will play tonight against Arizona?

Quote Originally Posted by C. B. View Post
    I agree with your assessment of Kempin. It seems like a number of the goals are due to being out of position. I don't get it.

Do you think Badr will play tonight against Arizona?
    He will, if only because Kempin can't.

20. Default Re: OKC Energy FC

Energy lost to Arizona United last night, 2-1. Could have equalized in the 119' but Christian Duke missed the PK.

I was listening the the pregame last night with Jimmy and he said a lot of interesting stuff about not really judging our first handful of games against teams like Orlando City, LA Galaxy II, FC Dallas, and people who we really aren't expected to compete against, but more caring about how we play against teams like AU. I think we had a pretty good showing last night.

i know interest may be low since the Thunder are also playing, but we've got two extras available for Saturday if anyone is interested

22. Default Re: OKC Energy FC

i know interest may be low since the Thunder are also playing, but we've got two extras available for Saturday if anyone is interested
    I could take one, didn't get my fan zone ticket in time. How much would ya want for one?

wife found a taker, sorry man!

Hey! The Energy won one, and at home no less.

Congrats on first home victory, 1-0.

That was a great game and great finish tonight

Thread Information