Widgets Magazine
Page 14 of 60 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Classen Curve

Blog Entries

Default Re: Classen Curve

Don't know why you say that about Cheasapeake and the Curve. There are several new and unique operations there...particularly restaurants.

Cheasapeake is improving the area greatly and introducing new businesses and giving exciting new options for existing OKC businesses. Can't really criticize them.

2. Default Re: Classen Curve

Quote Originally Posted by wsucougz View Post
    Looks like it's going in to the big flagship (two-story) building.
    I love that 2 story building. That's the best part of the development. It's surely big enough for more than just Balliet's, however, so you all can hold out hope for something else in there.

It is my understanding that the entire two-story building will be occupied by Balliet's.

Yes, from the Balliet's site it looks like they have that entire building.

Also says they will share a covered courtyard with Cafe 501 in the little building right next door.

I really like the way CC is shaping up. Hopefully, the economy will improve and they'll get some more retail tenants. Very tough time for anyone trying to lease retail space.

6. Default Re: Classen Curve

Well can we consider Balliet's our Miss Jackson's then?

As a young(ish) single guy, I know next to nothing about women's fashion. I do know, however, that Balliet's is a very highly regarded store, and a real OKC institution. I have zero problem with them occupying the high ground at Classen Curve. Hopefully it will draw more customers into their business. Maybe Mr. Ooleys could move next door for men's clothes. I would love to see more higher-end national stores in OKC, but I have to admit, the "keep it local" idea is gaining traction in my mind. A good mix in Classen Curve would make it a true destination.

8. Default Re: Classen Curve

Yeah Miss Jackson's is not really that big. If that whole building is for Balliets, then it will probably be around the same size and have nearly the same "institution" status. Good move for them and for Aubrey.

I also noticed the other day, it looked like some renovations in the building across from 105 Degrees. Anyone know what's going on there? Tuck?

Quote Originally Posted by stlokc View Post
    As a young(ish) single guy, I know next to nothing about women's fashion. I do know, however, that Balliet's is a very highly regarded store, and a real OKC institution. I have zero problem with them occupying the high ground at Classen Curve. Hopefully it will draw more customers into their business. Maybe Mr. Ooleys could move next door for men's clothes. I would love to see more higher-end national stores in OKC, but I have to admit, the "keep it local" idea is gaining traction in my mind. A good mix in Classen Curve would make it a true destination.
    Balliet's decision to go to move had as much to do with 50 Penn Place as it did Classen Curve. Mr. Ooley's (and other Penn Square tenants) have greater satisfaction due to high traffic and better management. Besides, Ooley's has a location next to an entrance, and reserved parking on the curb.

I wouldn't count on Mr. Ooley's moving to CC anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    I also noticed the other day, it looked like some renovations in the building across from 105 Degrees. Anyone know what's going on there? Tuck?
    I don't think renovations are going on, we are using it for storage.

So, help me understand the placement of the various tenants:

M (entire building & 2nd floor): Balliets
    L (entire building and shared covered courtyard): Cafe 501
    D: Republic Gastropub
    E: 105 Degrees

What about Upper Crust and the others?

I think it's G that is going to be the Red Coyote, which I believe is a running equipment store, perhaps shoes and clothing?

i was thinking upper crust is "a"

-M

Very tough time for anyone trying to lease retail space.
    Yeah and I heard they're asking for $30/ft (I think Balliet's got a "special" deal though).

A local merchant I was talking with said he'd love to be in there, but they won't call him back. He runs a specialty food market and I'm guessing they want to bring in a chain...

Too bad, it would be a very cool place if they could fill it with independent specialty stores and boutiques. Campus Corner is the closest thing we have in the metro to a nice mixed shopping experience that doesn't feel like an errand or just another mall. The center piece to CC is still a parking lot, like most of our shopping centers, but it could maybe be different. It's probably too spread out though. I can actually see people driving from Balliet's to the other end. lol.

I'm thinking midtown could be our next chance for a more pedestrian based shopping area (crossing fingers), but we have yet to see anyone really try to do it in OKC.

I think buildings H, I, J & K will be particularly difficult to lease.

i was thinking upper crust is "a"
    That would completely coincide with the reports that Upper Crust will be in a 4,100 square foot free-standing building.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Brzycki View Post
    I think buildings H, I, J & K will be particularly difficult to lease.
    This has always been my biggest criticism of Classen Curve. There's a creepy factor being so close to the grave yard as it is. At least the Balliet's is way farrrrrrrrr on the east part lol.

I was hoping Anthropologie might consider going into "K", as I know they were concerned about the depth of the buildings and how that would fit in with their dressing rooms. But, I don't know now if they're planning to come to OKC at all.

And, yes "A" has the Upper Crust sign on it.

Quote Originally Posted by ronronnie1 View Post
    This has always been my biggest criticism of Classen Curve. There's a creepy factor being so close to the grave yard as it is. At least the Balliet's is way farrrrrrrrr on the east part lol.
    I think I said this before, but people should just have fun with this. Ala "Pearl's Graveside". There's a great restaurant in Atlanta across from the graveyard that is called "Six Feet Under". It's absolutely packed everytime we go there.

I have no concern about the graveyard. I never even really notice or even think about it and I dont really see it keeping diners and shoppers away.
    As I said before as well as a poster mentioned above, CC is not exactly pedestrian friendly, even though that seemed to be the goal. Very, very few people will be walking from Balliets to 105 Degrees. Its basically a fancy strip center and not a town quare type development. They should have taken a little more time and tried to buy a block or row of houses along the north side of the neighborhood that borders CC. This would have also helped with increasing the depth of the buildings, which would in turn help with attracting popular national tenants.

Pete:

Building A: Upper Crust Wood Fired Pizza
    Building G: Red Coyote Running Store

betts, I know your big on anthropologie, and I imagine we'll get one when the right type of development is built. In the meantime, in Uptown on NW 23rd in the house west of Cuppies & Joe, that acupuncture shop went out and a new place, I think it's called something Flower? said they are going for an "Antropologie" type store.

23. Default Re: Classen Curve

Pete, H, I, J, and K are quite close to other substantial (albeit lower-end) retail in the area. Perhaps that will lead to a different level of tenant, but being within view of Old Navy, Chili's etc. will actually probably help those buildings.

Where would the rumored Whole Foods go according to this plan? Doesn't seem like there is room.

25. Default Re: Classen Curve

The rumored location for the rumored WF is on the NE corner of Classen and Grand. Just outside the boundaries of that plan graphic, and not within the formal boundaries of Classen Curve, at least as we know it today. At least, that's the rumor.

Thread Information