Widgets Magazine
Page 14 of 141 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181964114 ... LastLast

Thread: Cannabis

Default Re: Time to Legalize Cannabis for recreational and medicinal use.

Quote Originally Posted by boscorama View Post
    Wrong! Workplace tests consist of five substances, not including those two, LSD, inhalants, XTC, and so on. Oh, but they've included PCP in the panel for ages. I worked in that industry for several years.
    Until the "Mary Jane-ites" waving banners on the ramparts and doing the rest of the NORML stuff or refusing to do so based upon principals and vice-principles and so forth and so on succeed in this Viva la Revolution! I would suggest that carefully selected operatives in favor of an "organic high . . . like from mother nature and whatnot" inject themselves into the "Drug Testing Industry" and "Do The Good Work" . . . at least until Jean Val Jean "The Miserable" shows up in Imaginationland riding cover for Don Quixote and watching his back on account of Pancho Sanza is too stoned to object.

Here is a portait of The Mata Hari of Alice B. Toklas browinies as an example of expanded conscioulsness . . .
    at least among the Ad Agency Scoff-laws

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Overall, the Tulsa delegation has more wingers than the OKC delegation.
    This is a little off topic but how do think the GOP feels now about their nominee in retrospect? I would have voted for Ron Paul but no other Republican. They may have to get a little more involved in the nomination process to keep the crazy in the bottle of the Republican party from now on. A doctor who wanted pot legalized and ran a free medical clinic? Just too good to be true I guess. But the whole GOP may have to get a little more Paul-ish if they want to remain relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by LandRunOkie View Post
    Its amazing to me that the opposition right now is coming from Tulsa, when their NORML chapter looks like it is about 10x bigger than ours. You would think they could find a sympathetic voice in the legislature, considering they have much softer sentencing than our part of the state. Seemingly a little more popular support there, and certainly less fear.
    Certainly, you've heard of Will Foster. How can you suggest *that* part of the state is sympathetic in drug punishment!

This is a little off topic but how do think the GOP feels now about their nominee in retrospect? I would have voted for Ron Paul but no other Republican. They may have to get a little more involved in the nomination process to keep the crazy in the bottle of the Republican party from now on. A doctor who wanted pot legalized and ran a free medical clinic? Just too good to be true I guess. But the whole GOP may have to get a little more Paul-ish if they want to remain relevant.
    I think they think this is all awesome. Supposedly there are all of these "libertarian" Republicans here but they seem quite happy with these elected freaking authoritarian neanderthals. Mary Fallin had Sally Kern behind her on election night. Oklahoma has moved into crazy land.

I think they think this is all awesome. Supposedly there are all of these "libertarian" Republicans here but they seem quite happy to elect and reelect these freaking authoritarian neanderthals. Mary Fallin had Sally Kern behind her on election night. Oklahoma has moved into crazy land.

Oh, they're crying in their beer. What fools they were! Damm! If only the STUPID PEOPLE, I mean low information voters, had voted for Ron Paul, maybe pot would be legal now, and OBummer2 would be just a bad dream.

Lord have mercy.

Oh, they're crying in their beer. What fools they were! Damm! If only the STUPID PEOPLE, I mean low information voters, had voted for Ron Paul, maybe pot would be legal now, and OBummer2 would be just a bad dream.

Lord have mercy.
    Um...Ron Paul is not the answer.

Certainly, you've heard of Will Foster. How can you suggest *that* part of the state is sympathetic in drug punishment!
    Its not a suggestion, its fact. I'll post the state marijuana policy pdf from earlier that you must not have read. Oklahoma county is 3.6 possesion arrests per thousand and Tulsa is 3.4. Thats a 6% difference

A good, rational letter to the editor today. Makes a good argument for decriminalization.

Time to end marijuana prohibition | NewsOK.com

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    A good, rational letter to the editor today. Makes a good argument for decriminalization.

Time to end marijuana prohibition | NewsOK.com
    The letter would have spoken many volumes more had it been written by a retired former well known Republican legislator. I assume it would be way to much for a current one to do so. More Democrats should join with Sen. Johnson and do the same. But look at what happened to Sen. Johnson. The Republicans rigged her district, so now there won't be near as many blacks available to vote for her for reelection.

Its not a suggestion, its fact. I'll post the state marijuana policy pdf from earlier that you must not have read. Oklahoma county is 3.6 possession arrests per thousand and Tulsa is 3.4. Thats a 6% difference
    Not much difference to brag about, but then the Foster case was unbelievable. He got 93 years in prison plus a huge fine for growing marijuana. I was ignorant of how wrong and overly harsh the Oklahoma laws were against marijuana until I found out about Foster. Later, I still found it hard to believe when I learned of the story about a paraplegic in a wheelchair got life in prison over marijuana in Oklahoma plus a couple, or so, of other charges that should not have added up to life in prison. Surely, this means there is a hell of a lot of vindictiveness in Oklahoma over those who use marijuana. Probably Republicans perceive this or feel the same way and so don't want anything to do with legalizing marijuana. If they did they could get voted out of office. But times are changing, except in the more isolated and backward parts of Oklahoma, and I suspect getting voted out of office over marijuana is less likely to happen than was the case 15 or 20 years ago.

Ya I was looking at raw arrest numbers and didn't realize Tulsa county had so many fewer people, so the % was different than what I expected. But in self-defense, I said sentencing, not arrests. I believe sentences are shorter in Tulsa county but am too busy to look it up.

An ounce of weed or less there should be no jail time,fine or anything. I don't smoke it now but did back in the day and I was able to quit much easier that quitting cigs. You do not get hooked on weed. Well you might if you chain smoke day and night but I have never known of anyone to do that.

These weed laws are so over the top that it looks like a bunch of monkeys got together and wrote the law.

Now short term memory loss,that's another story.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Um...Ron Paul is not the answer.
    Tell that to LandRunOkie.

I think it takes up too much money for law enforcement and jails. If this isn't a political topic of the hot button sort I don't know what is. Why isn't this in the politics section?

Quote Originally Posted by zookeeper View Post
    I think it takes up too much money for law enforcement and jails. If this isn't a political topic of the hot button sort I don't know what is. Why isn't this in the politics section?
    ...and that is the main reason why the law enforcement industry wants it to remain illegal. Too much money for more officers, more lawyers, more prisons, more rehab, etc. to give up.

State Senator Constance Johnson of Oklahoma City is sponsoring a medical marijuana bill but she needs help on the House side. There needs to be a House co-sponsor for her bill or for another medical marijuana bill to be introduced by a State Rep. You can use this tool to look up your state rep if you don't know it.

If you live in central Stillwater or central Norman, your help on this is very important. Tulsa is important too but they are doing what they can. Here are those reps pages:
    Norman
    Stillwater

The number of emails and calls is just as important as how they are written. Also your opinion matters even if you live outside of these districts. Your rep doesn't know what you think unless you tell them! The three best arguments to use are:
    (1) police should spend their time on more important things
    (2) taxing marijuana would turn a money-losing prohibition into a money-generating system
    (3) veterans suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder should be able to use marijuana legally.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    Not much difference to brag about, but then the Foster case was unbelievable. He got 93 years in prison plus a huge fine for growing marijuana. I was ignorant of how wrong and overly harsh the Oklahoma laws were against marijuana until I found out about Foster. Later, I still found it hard to believe when I learned of the story about a paraplegic in a wheelchair got life in prison over marijuana in Oklahoma plus a couple, or so, of other charges that should not have added up to life in prison. Surely, this means there is a hell of a lot of vindictiveness in Oklahoma over those who use marijuana. Probably Republicans perceive this or feel the same way and so don't want anything to do with legalizing marijuana. If they did they could get voted out of office. But times are changing, except in the more isolated and backward parts of Oklahoma, and I suspect getting voted out of office over marijuana is less likely to happen than was the case 15 or 20 years ago.
    Unfortunately, the "isolated and backward" parts of Oklahoma amount to about 2/3 of the state.

I have a friend from the upper middle class who didn't even leave the state until he was in college. People like that who don't take the opportunity to experience other places are much more susceptible to local political dogma. I admit, if I hadn't been to Colorado and California to see for myself, the drug war would be much harder to question. Most people I talk to in this state are surprised to hear that medical marijuana states maintain law & order perfectly fine and there's nothing to fear. In fact, I even knew a pot smoker in college who was against decriminalization LOL. The power of thought control!

Here is an audio from a town hall meeting regarding what three state legislators from the Stillwater area think about legalizing medical marijuana: http://okmedicalmarijuana.org/mjtownhall.m3u

Poll legalization support at record high, poll finds

Fifty-eight percent of voters said the use of marijuana should be made legal, while 39 percent said it should be illegal, the poll, conducted by the Democratic firm PPP, found.

If mainstream Republicans did their own poll and more than 50% approved legalization, maybe they wouldn't release the results.

Washington State does the same as Colorado.

Pot smokers enter legal limbo in Washington, Colorado - CNN.com

Cannabis is legal in Washington as of midnight 12-06-2012, the sky didn't fall and the world didn't end. Colorado follows suit next month. Same thing will happen the sky won't fall and the world won't end.

State Senator Constance Johnson of Oklahoma City is sponsoring a medical marijuana bill but she needs help on the House side. There needs to be a House co-sponsor for her bill or for another medical marijuana bill to be introduced by a State Rep. You can use this tool to look up your state rep if you don't know it.

If you live in central Stillwater or central Norman, your help on this is very important. Tulsa is important too but they are doing what they can. Here are those reps pages:
    Norman
    Stillwater

The number of emails and calls is just as important as how they are written. Also your opinion matters even if you live outside of these districts. Your rep doesn't know what you think unless you tell them! The three best arguments to use are:
    (1) police should spend their time on more important things
    (2) taxing marijuana would turn a money-losing prohibition into a money-generating system
    (3) veterans suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder should be able to use marijuana legally.
    If people don't write in, this isn't going to work. It really makes a difference. Has anyone written in? I don't want to insult anybody but writing to your rep is going to have a lot bigger impact than what you write on here.

Thread Information