Widgets Magazine
Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 News and Information

Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    With Omicron I wonder if there is a such thing as safe unless you live alone in a bubble. I'm agreeing with Dr Fauci that "Pretty much everyone will get Omicron". I just hope its fast and over soon. Which seems to he the case in places that got hit first.
    i am living alone in my bubble. I plan on just staying home and working around my acreage in the county. Just trying to stay safe and ce part of the solution and not the problem. When one cannot be vaccinated for legit medical reasons, one needs to try harder to stay safe

Quote Originally Posted by jompster View Post
    That is part of the larger problem. Anybody who tested positive 3 days ago shouldn't be out and about like that.
    Is CDC quarantine guidance 5 days from a positive test or symptom onset now?

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    It appears to be 5 days of quarantine after exposure followed by 5 days of strict masking.

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    I am to assume that 11,315 are counting both PCR and Rapid Test?
    I don't think that number includes very many rapid tests at all, if any. Primarily just cases officially reported to the state from labs. The real number of positives via rapid tests and just people who never realize they've caught it is surely much, much higher.

Does anyone know where I can get an at home rapid antigen test? The only thing I can find online is Walmart Edmond Neighborhood market but I can't confirm until they open at 8:00. Does anywhere have them in stock?

The Dept. of Health did an update today, due to the crazy state of the pandemic.

14,403 new cases reported; yet another daily record. For perspective, until the last month, the previous WEEKLY high had been 18,036.

For the first time, the 7-day average is over 10K at 10,542.

Hospitalizations are 1,381 (-22).

ICU is 322 (+18).

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRealtor View Post
    Does anyone know where I can get an at home rapid antigen test? The only thing I can find online is Walmart Edmond Neighborhood market but I can't confirm until they open at 8:00. Does anywhere have them in stock?
    Only luck I've had is just calling every CVS in town and rushing to store when they said they had tests. The online inventory I've checked for every store is NEVER correct. I really think Walmart Neighborhood market is a good bet. Walmart has massive purchasing power & world class supply chain/inventory management systems and it seems EVERY time I've ever gone, they're ALWAYS unpacking inventory. (NOTE - Sometimes they keep the tests in the locked cabinet with the nicotine gum/patches).

But... good luck calling a WM and getting an answer. That will never happen. Target stores may be worth checking with.

Also... consider towns on the outskirts of the metro. Many covid deniers in those parts see no reason to buy a test. (But don't go to small towns and look for horse-gut worm poison. That's a hot seller in those parts.).

Good luck! I went on an epic quest trying to find tests a few weeks ago. Hit every single CVS and every single WalMart NM on the north/northwest side of OKC and came away empty handed. The websites showed in-stock at almost every store, and they only had empty shelves.

My SO actually DID Find tests at the CVS on NWXY. Another friend got them at the CVS on 122nd/May Ave area. However, both cases were just fortuitous timing & great luck.

Quote Originally Posted by pw405 View Post
    Only luck I've had is just calling every CVS in town and rushing to store when they said they had tests. The online inventory I've checked for every store is NEVER correct. I really think Walmart Neighborhood market is a good bet. Walmart has massive purchasing power & world class supply chain/inventory management systems and it seems EVERY time I've ever gone, they're ALWAYS unpacking inventory. (NOTE - Sometimes they keep the tests in the locked cabinet with the nicotine gum/patches).

But... good luck calling a WM and getting an answer. That will never happen. Target stores may be worth checking with.

Also... consider towns on the outskirts of the metro. Many covid deniers in those parts see no reason to buy a test. (But don't go to small towns and look for horse-gut worm poison. That's a hot seller in those parts.).

Good luck! I went on an epic quest trying to find tests a few weeks ago. Hit every single CVS and every single WalMart NM on the north/northwest side of OKC and came away empty handed. The websites showed in-stock at almost every store, and they only had empty shelves.

My SO actually DID Find tests at the CVS on NWXY. Another friend got them at the CVS on 122nd/May Ave area. However, both cases were just fortuitous timing & great luck.

Thanks, that pretty much confirmed my suspicions.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    All days calculated starting the day after. E.g., if exposed on Monday, Day 0 = Monday, Day 1 = Tuesday, etc.

If exposed and C19 w/n last 90 days -> No Quarantine, wear a mask until day 10.
    In all below cases, get tested at least 5 days after contact.
    If exposed and not vax -> Quarantine at least 5 days, wear a mask until day 10.
    If exposed and vax -> No Quarantine, wear a mask until day 10.

In all above cases: Watch for symptoms until 10 days after you last had close contact with someone with COVID-19. If you develop symptoms, Isolate immediately and get tested. Continue to stay home until you know the results. Wear a well-fitted mask around others.

IF YOU Tested positive for COVID-19 or have symptoms, regardless of vaccination status => Isolate at least 5 days. End isolation after 5 full days if you are fever-free for 24hrs. End isolation after at least 5 full days after a positive test. If severely ill with C19, isolated for at least 10 days and contact doctor before ending isolation. Wear a mask at least until day 10.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...isolation.html

For the 3-day period, we had 42,157 new cases (14,403 Saturday, 14,913 Sunday, and 12,841 Monday).

Most recent Sa-Su-Mo numbers were: 27,058; 7,913; 3,380. So, new cases are still climbing rapidly.

Hospitalizations are 1,521 (+140).

ICU is 327 (+5).

Roughly 1/38 Oklahomans currently have it.

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    Probably way more than that. I have spoken to several people who couldn't or otherwise didn't get tested and just started immediate quarantine. 13 days after my positive test, I am finally feeling 90% over it. Again, I can't imagine what this would be like for someone who is not vaccinated.

I thought it was 1 in 23.

the problem is that the number of people who have covid only reflex those who have been tested for it. How many others have used home tests kits and have tested positive, how many others just figure that they have it and and say oh well and dont bother getting tested? If we use the argument that the number of positive covid test numbers are only catching 1/4 to 1/3 of actual cases then we have a much more gigantic problem on our hands. Me, I'll just stay home.

Edmond last week had close to 4000 active cases. Let see Edmond around 91,000 population, ok let's just say Edmond might be up to 100,000. That is 4% or 1 in 25 that has been recorded. If that number is only catching 1/3 or 1/4 of cases then 1 in 6 or 1 in 7. Oh my........

It's borderline miraculous how low the mortality rates are even amongst the unvaccinated. Imagine if this virus did to people what something like Polio did. I just wonder what it will take to get people to take the damn vaccine.

Anyone else look at the okc hospital report website for today? Integris has listed 41 covid patients holding in their ERs for a bed or ICU. All 4 health care network hospitals have 0 ICU beds available. the state report shows 13 ICU beds available. I wonder if these are at hospitals such as the Heart Hospitals and the smaller Orthopedic/specialty hospitals.Not a good time right now to get sick or hurt.

Blog Entries

From The Guardian
    Jerome Adams, the former US surgeon general, laid out the math: “If your enemy uses a weapon that’s one-third as likely to kill you, but four times as many people are shooting at you, you’re now 1.3 times as likely to die!”

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Imagine if this virus did to people what something like Polio did. I just wonder what it will take to get people to take the damn vaccine.
    Unfortunately, I think you answered your own question.

Strange numbers today, maybe due to MLK day?

3,853 new cases, which is quite low given the 7-day average of close to 10,000.

Hospitalizations are 1,489 (+113).

ICU is 279 (-43).

The gov website where you can order a free 4 pack of home covid tests is now live: https://www.covidtests.gov/
    (only one 4-pack per address, regardless of how many people live there)

^

Thank you for that!

I just placed my order and the site said the tests should be shipping by the end of this month.

23. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

NY and NJ have finally hit their peak and on the downturn. They started seeing an uptick in cases before us around Dec. 15 (https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...vid-cases.html). So it looks like we have about 15 more days until we peak (https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...vid-cases.html). Could be sooner or could take longer. Tough to know with the huge differences in population density.

Quote Originally Posted by bsmall View Post
    The gov website where you can order a free 4 pack of home covid tests is now live: https://www.covidtests.gov/
    (only one 4-pack per address, regardless of how many people live there)
    We ordered some for our family.

The symptom set with Omicron has been absolutely crazy. I didn't think much of it until yesterday, but the stuffiness and headaches I had for 2 1/2 weeks could have been it. I've never had such problems sleeping (I was waking up gasping for air and had to constantly move between stomach sleeping and an incline), but I chalked it up to the insane amount of pollen I've seen on cedars lately (and I have horrendous allergic reactions to them every January). This was somehow different, but I'm not sure it would even be helpful to test now. I ordered our four anyhow. (I also feel TONS better, now, and avoiding everybody until February.)

Thread Information