Widgets Magazine
Page 14 of 57 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Restaurant closings

Default Re: Restaurant closings

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    I'm sure there will be trillions more given out. It will be tough to get money flowing again. Everyone is going to be super tight with money going forward though.
    Hence why I keep saying it’s an L recovery not V. Or as Bloomberg described it, a Nike swoosh.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck5815 View Post
    i've been tight as **** for years, and I've been telling everyone I know that they shouldn't be wasting their hard earned cash on $90 fajitas at Uncle Julio's in Chisholm Creek. But their Instagram pictures by the impoundment pond were great, and they ended up with a lot more Insta followers than me. So there is that.
    You can’t put a price on insta followers and being social media cool.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck5815 View Post
    i've been tight as **** for years, and I've been telling everyone I know that they shouldn't be wasting their hard earned cash on $90 fajitas at Uncle Julio's in Chisholm Creek. But their Instagram pictures by the impoundment pond were great, and they ended up with a lot more Insta followers than me. So there is that.
    Well, the last couple weeks we've been living your life and it sucks. Lol. The absolute minute I'm able to go enjoy a great night out for dinner and spend whatever it takes to enjoy that evening with my family I'm going to do it now more than ever. This experience hasn't taught me I need to live like a caveman. It's taught me that we need to cherish our experiences and time with our friends and family even more than we did before. Not just with going out either. I'm going to get the best meat to grill at home and take those extra trips with family and friends.

You want to die with your stacks of sheckles, then you do you. This virus has shown me that I could lose my friends and family no matter how rich or broke. I can't wait to get out there and live my life even more than I did with the $90 fajitas. Life is too short. But, that's just me...

Quote Originally Posted by MikeLucky View Post
    Well, the last couple weeks we've been living your life and it sucks. Lol. The absolute minute I'm able to go enjoy a great night out for dinner and spend whatever it takes to enjoy that evening with my family I'm going to do it now more than ever. This experience hasn't taught me I need to live like a caveman. It's taught me that we need to cherish our experiences and time with our friends and family even more than we did before. Not just with going out either. I'm going to get the best meat to grill at home and take those extra trips with family and friends.

You want to die with your stacks of sheckles, then you do you. This virus has shown me that I could lose my friends and family no matter how rich or broke. I can't wait to get out there and live my life even more than I did with the $90 fajitas. Life is too short. But, that's just me...

Don't mind him. He just hates on Chisholm any chance he can get. FWIW, I bet if you ask nicely they'll lower the price on the fajitas from $90

Tacos Don Nacho is closed indefinitely.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacos-Don-N...1932382175801/

Quote Originally Posted by Greggo71 View Post
    Tacos Don Nacho is closed indefinitely.
    looks like they plan on reopening at some point, though... (emphasis mine)
    To our loyal customer: We are sorry to inform you that for the safety of our employees and family, we have decided to close until further notice. Making our last day open today March, 25, 2020. Thank you all for understanding! We look forward to seeing you when we re-open! Please stay tuned on facebook for updates!

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    looks like they plan on reopening at some point, though... (emphasis mine)
    [/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]
    I sure hope they come back - my favorite Mexican in the metro.

8. Default Re: Restaurant closings

Magnolia Bistro in downtown OKC is closing until the restrictions are reduced.

Their sister restaurant in MWC/Spencer, Brielle's Bistro, is still open. They are doing family size dinner to go that are awesome and feed a lot of people for a good price. The chicken and the catfish are awesome.

The parlor is closing on Sunday. Pachinko parlor, mob and providence were all still open and offering carry out, but not after tomorrow.

Patty Wagon is closed temporarily as of this past Wednesday 4/8/20.

Important question. Which pizza places ( besides Dominoes, Pizza Hut, Marcos and that ilk) are still open?
    By my count, Empire, Sauced, Hideaway, Upper Crust all closed.
    Gabriella's still open and good pizza, but any other local places?

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Hausfrau View Post
    Important question. Which pizza places ( besides Dominoes, Pizza Hut, Marcos and that ilk) are still open?
    Birra Birra and prices are half off.

It seems more and more places are just completely closing, at least for now.

I suspect they don't want to order more food and carry-out only has not generated enough business to justify the operating expenses.

Saw Torchy's at 63rd & Western has closed for the time being.

Hideaway at 50th and Western was open for takeout as of last week, did they close since then? Google Maps is still reporting them as open for takeout, but they may be behind.

They may be, I was calling the one attached to UCO Jazz Lab.

Tacos Don Nacho on S Council reopened today for call in and drive thru

We've ordered pick up from Village Pizza a few times lately. I guess a lot of these are day to day, so I'm not sure if they are open as of today.

18. Default Re: Restaurant closings

Hopefully, some of you guys ordered Easter meals from local places. There were several doing family meals. We ordered from Social Deck and Dining and it was wonderful..

A contributing factor has to be the limited access to loans.

Many were hoping to get a quick cash infusion but most everyone I talked to has yet to get the funds.

For the Gazette, I applied on the first day through BancFirst (our primary bank) which does more SBA loans that just about anyone. They finally got back to me on Friday with some questions, so I know they are backed up and that there has been a lot of confusion and logjams at the federal level.

My impression is that many places were hoping to keep their core employees through carry-out until the loans came in. Now, the reality and delays are starting to hit.

20. Default Re: Restaurant closings

Humble Pie in Edmond is still offering carryout.

21. Default Re: Restaurant closings

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    A contributing factor has to be the limited access to loans.

Many were hoping to get a quick cash infusion but most everyone I talked to has yet to get the funds.

For the Gazette, I applied on the first day through BancFirst (our primary bank) which does more SBA loans that just about anyone. They finally got back to me on Friday with some questions, so I know they are backed up and that there has been a lot of confusion and logjams at the federal level.

My impression is that many places were hoping to keep their core employees through carry-out until the loans came in. Now, the reality and delays are starting to hit.
    That turnaround time is surprising. We've already funded a majority of our loans that applied on the first day.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    That turnaround time is surprising. We've already funded a majority of our loans that applied on the first day.
    It seems that some of the very first loans went through and now the system is overwhelmed.

23. Default Re: Restaurant closings

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    It seems that some of the very first loans went through and now the system is overwhelmed.
    I'm sure BancFirst has been indundated being the largest SBA lender in the state. As of Friday we'd received 240 apps and 155 had been approved by the SBA.

Sauced is still posting on Facebook, they look like they're still open. Hideaway on 50th/Western is still open, but we had the worst order we've ever had there (been eating at various Hideaways for decades), weird because I assume the kitchen staff is still the same... Picked it up, they gave us the wrong app (half mushrooms, half mozz sticks instead of all mushrooms, so we just tossed the sticks), the pizza didn't have enough sauce or cheese, the chicken had some gristle in it, and the crust was so pathetically floppy you couldn't even pick up a piece.

^ Falcones is open

Thread Information