Widgets Magazine
Page 139 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3989134135136137138139140141 LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,475 of 3525

Thread: Cannabis

Default Re: Cannabis

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    I just checked and it looks like as of late summer 2021, there was almost 370K residents that had been issued a medical card. That number is likely over 500K now.

It would be interesting to see the percentage of current cardholders that went and voted YES for rec. Many of them are likely content with their current status.

To me, everything points to the YES campaign tactics as really sucky.
    Yup, I'm not even mad at the people who voted No. The pro cannabis population of the state & the organizers of 820 are who deserves the blame in this.

Wife has a card and we both voted yes. Reason being that she wouldn't have to go through the hassle and cost of renewal every 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by gjl View Post
    Wife has a card and we both voted yes. Reason being that she wouldn't have to go through the hassle and cost of renewal every 2 years.
    would be interested to know how if the massive about of additional tax would have made you reconsider that at some point

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    would be interested to know how if the massive about of additional tax would have made you reconsider that at some point
    Doubtful. She never shops for product based on cost. Or buys that much. Entirely edibles. She will go to a dispensary based on if they carry what she wants to buy. You might be surprised on the different inventories they stock or they will stock something she likes then run out and never stock it again. Cost of the product is the least of our worries.

5. Default Re: Cannabis

Quote Originally Posted by gjl View Post
    Doubtful. She never shops for product based on cost. Or buys that much. Entirely edibles. She will go to a dispensary based on if they carry what she wants to buy. You might be surprised on the different inventories they stock or they will stock something she likes then run out and never stock it again. Cost of the product is the least of our worries.
    Yea, I do think there should be a 5-year option on the cards. Two years roll by awfully quick, imo.

6. Default Re: Cannabis

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I see confederate flags at least every other day but I have yet to see that. So maybe we’re not so backward as that. Was this in an actual city with a decent diverse population or Hicksville where that crap flies?
    It was at the corner of National Avenue and Cherry Street in Springfield, right by the Missouri State campus. Population was 151,580 at the time, so slightly bigger than Norman is now. (I'm guessing it was someone from Hicksville trying to stir up trouble in town, but...)

Wonder if anything will happen with this: https://www.route-fifty.com/public-s...g-bill/383711/

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Wonder if anything will happen with this: https://www.route-fifty.com/public-s...g-bill/383711/
    No, something like that will never pass for as long as the Feds still refuse to legalize marijuana at the Federal level.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    No, something like that will never pass for as long as the Feds still refuse to legalize marijuana at the Federal level.
    they just need to make it a purely state issue ..

they just need to make it a purely state issue ..
    Haven't they? I mean, they are letting states legalize weed, and even mushrooms in some states. The only bad thing is that veterans or those who use the VA or other federal healthcare can't use it.

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    no necessarily true. the only thing we do know is that the turnout would have been much greater had it been on the November ballot. you are making an assumption as to who those people would have voted.

what we do know is that 556,004 people voted Tuesday and it lost by a difference of 132,238 votes. there were an additional 586,158 who voted in November election. now yes, that means that if all if all of the same people in that 556,004 also voted in November (which is still an assumption), then 7% of that remaining 586,158 would have needed to vote in favor of it. so it does appear that it probably would not have passed. But that is not a guarantee as there are many assumptions that have to be made to come to that conclusion. i believe that there is probably right around 80% certainty that it would have failed in November. but no one can know for sure.

there is also the assumption that could have been made that had it been on the November Ballot, the voter turnout for November could have potentially been much greater and a different demographic.
    You are probably right but I do wish they would put it on the November ballot so we would have found out if it would have passed or not with a larger turnout

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    Haven't they? I mean, they are letting states legalize weed, and even mushrooms in some states. The only bad thing is that veterans or those who use the VA or other federal healthcare can't use it.
    kind of but not really with just different leadership decisions the FBI could raid every dispensary in the united states .. and the FBI could raid and charge every land lord bank ect that does business with weed business ..

it is still very much illegal everywhere in the united states ..

Quote Originally Posted by Boop View Post
    You are probably right but I do wish they would put it on the November ballot so we would have found out if it would have passed or not with a larger turnout
    Rec will probably never be on a November ballot again and always stand alone. We still have a good med. marijuana program, if we can keep it. I won't be surprised if a petition comes out for a vote to abolish it with a constitutional amendment. Hopefully, the sponsors won't be able to find funding to hire enough paid signature takers. Hopefully, my concerns are unwarranted.

Medical marijuana keeps Oklahoma from getting additional revenue from people from other states. Texans can't get a marijuana card, as far as I know, so Oklahoma is crippling itself

Medical marijuana keeps Oklahoma from getting additional revenue from people from other states. Texans can't get a marijuana card, as far as I know, so Oklahoma is crippling itself
    I'm not sure we're "crippling" much, but there is probably at least some revenue we're missing out on.

This ^^^. What a money generator it would be if Texans were allowed to buy in Oklahoma. Major fail not to regulate it for them.

The only bad thing is that veterans or those who use the VA or other federal healthcare can't use it.
    How so? I get the VA won't prescribe it or pay for it, but is there anything preventing veterans or other VA users from getting their medical card and buying it the same way the non-vets get it?

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    How so? I get the VA won't prescribe it or pay for it, but is there anything preventing veterans or other VA users from getting their medical card and buying it the same way the non-vets get it?
    not that i am aware of I use VA heath care and have never been asked a question about this .. . (because of my job i can't partake in any case )

I distinctly remember when parimutuel betting passed for Remington Park largely because of the revenue the State could pass along to public schools. The same promise was made for the lottery. And medical marijuana. Here we are 35 years later and Oklahoma's schools are abhorrent by any measure. Fool me once, twice...but more voluntary taxes for the purpose of improving our schools rings hollow for me.

not that i am aware of I use VA heath care and have never been asked a question about this .. . (because of my job i can't partake in any case )
    Since it’s still federally prohibited. The VA won’t prescribe it. We absolutely won’t withhold care in any aspect to someone who has a medical card. That said the VA is very very conscious of opioid use., to the point it can be very tough to maintain long term opioid use. Not a popular opinion with some of those that are in pain.

Quote Originally Posted by RangersYear View Post
    I distinctly remember when parimutuel betting passed for Remington Park largely because of the revenue the State could pass along to public schools. The same promise was made for the lottery. And medical marijuana. Here we are 35 years later and Oklahoma's schools are abhorrent by any measure. Fool me once, twice...but more voluntary taxes for the purpose of improving our schools rings hollow for me.
    They cut they money at the legislature. And claim the cuts are being offset by income from horse racing, lottery, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by RangersYear View Post
    I think you already know this, as I don't know of any Oklahomans that don't. But every time there is a 'new revenue stream' adding to the education budget, the budget itself has also been cut. This has been happening for almost two decades now.

2017:
    https://www.keranews.org/education/2...in-past-decade

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Since it’s still federally prohibited. The VA won’t prescribe it. We absolutely won’t withhold care in any aspect to someone who has a medical card. That said the VA is very very conscious of opioid use., to the point it can be very tough to maintain long term opioid use. Not a popular opinion with some of those that are in pain.
    ok that was what i thought ..

and fortunately i don't' really have any issues that need opioids .. a few friends of mine do .. and from what they describe it is kind of a pain .. to stay on them ..

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    They cut they money at the legislature. And claim the cuts are being offset by income from horse racing, lottery, etc.
    This isn't true for the lottery. They can't offset it and there are audits every year to confirm this. Just recently in fact they identified where they did offset it and they had to refund it. The reality is that the lottery is just a tiny fraction of the state education budget. Relatively speaking it doesn't generate much money. The folks promising the lottery would fix education funding way overpromised verses the reality of what the lottery has generated.

Recreation failed because as far as the voters are concerned, it's already recreational. Most voters aren't concerned with out of state purchasers. It would have taken the cannabis industry workers to care enough to persuade their clients to vote and vote themselves. If the state had done a better job of regulating the industry then the casual user would probably be inclined to vote for recreational. It shouldn't be so easy to get a card. They also should have restricted how many dispensary/grow licenses are allowed and not allowed them to be put everywhere. Some towns in Colorado restrict them to one street or block. They also should have made licensees much more expensive. Previously anybody with a few thousand dollars could be in the business instantly. The number of out of state workers that came here just to pay a local to get a license for them is absurd. The only residents that bothered to vote are just tired of everything the way it is.

Thread Information