Widgets Magazine
Page 13 of 60 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Classen Curve

Default Re: Classen Curve

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Is this going to be similar to the Wedge?
    I have been meaning to give the Wedge a try but have heard absolutely nothing about them (good or bad). Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry OKC View Post
    I have been meaning to give the Wedge a try but have heard absolutely nothing about them (good or bad). Any thoughts?
    I have been there several times and really enjoy it. My wife and I always get the Fresh Spinach Salad. It comes with pears, walnuts, asiago cheese and a vinaigrette dressing. You can then build your own pizza. The servers at the Bricktown location have always been very helpful in helping us decide what to put on it, what they like, what's popular, etc.

I love the Wedge. It's a different type of pizza, flavor-wise, than chain pizza, and I do know people who think it doesn't taste enough like "real pizza", chain pizza being all they're accustomed to. I just think of it as good food, personally. I really like the marinated mozzarella salad, and the port wine-sundried tomato sauce on pizza is excellent, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Not to be a downer but I recently drove through the development and I'm still underwhelmed. It is truly weird that the property opens inwardly, creating very little visual interest from Classen itself.
    yes, this is very popular in other city's! and works very well! Tulsa has several examples!

Again folks, I haven't heard one person mention the fact that "none of us have seen Chesapeake's Master Development Plan" so we don't know how it will play into the big picture. Also as I posted in another thread, keep in mind they DO plan on remodeling Nichols Hills Plaza, and several of those tenants will need to relocate, so I'm sure we'll see them relocate to Classen Curve until Phase I of remodeling is done on NHP. Also if the highly rumored Whole Foods moves in on the Corner of Western and Grand, just adjacent from Classen Curve, this whole area will start making more sense. Who knows, Chesapeake may be trying to acquire that block of houses just south of Classen Curve and make some massive development, then the Classen Curve faces this massive mixed use development and the back of CC is facing the cemetary (logical). Just a scenario to think about.

Metro - Good points except it doesn't make sense to me that CC would be a temporary location for NHP tenants while the Plaza is renovated. 1) Aubrey wants top-tier, permanent tenants who want to stay in his new project, not part-timers who will disrupt the tenant mix. 2) Retail is such a location-intensive business, and no merchant wants his customers to chase them aound town. 3) There is enough existing vacancy at NHP for them to move tenants around within the property, and I'm certain that the leases allow for that. I'd sure like to see some plans presented to NH Planning Commission/City Council on Phase I - that's the next step in their moving forward.

OKCTalker, I'm not stating ALL PT tenants (which is part of the retail game anyways), heck the first 5 tenants are all local upscale restaurants and retailers. I'm just stating it buys time and gives room for a few relocations until we can build something on par for national tenants that will want to move their permanently.

Chesapeake may be trying to acquire that block of houses just south of Classen Curve and make some massive development, then the Classen Curve faces this massive mixed use development
    If you check the County Assessor's site, it reveals CHK does not own any of the properties just south of Classen Curve, so I don't think there are any plans to expand that particular development in that direction.

You never know what could happen to the old Nichols Hills Plaza once redevelopment starts over there. Moving city hall and such...

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Brzycki View Post
    This shows the approximate location of the old lake superimposed on what is currently there.

As you can see, that entire, awful strip center is what we now have instead of that nice body of water. And lame little office buildings where the plant once stood:

I was really young but I remember the lake and power plant, although the plant had fallen into disrepair and had graffiti all over it. You could clearly see both driving on I-44. Speaking of graffiti, wasn't the old graffiti bridge somewhere near there as well?

where did this post come from... this is a nice picture of Belle Isle Station.... but is a ways away from Classen curve and Nichols Hills Plaza. And yes the graffiti bridge was close. It was over on Western at aprox. 60th and western.... pretty much where classen cuts across western now.

Quote Originally Posted by khook View Post
    where did this post come from... this is a nice picture of Belle Isle Station.... but is a ways away from Classen curve and Nichols Hills Plaza. And yes the graffiti bridge was close. It was over on Western at aprox. 60th and western.... pretty much where classen cuts across western now.
    Are you asking where the pic came from? The post was on Page 10 (post #248) of this thread if that helps any

The "bridge" was located just north of the office buildings next to where Flip's is located. It is now known as 59th Street. If you have Google Earth, it shows up on the 1990 map.

I highly recommend it. Great atmosphere and the most flavorful food I've had in awhile. All high quality ingredients.

Wedge is amazing! go there all the time!

16. Default Re: Classen Curve

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Cafe 501 IS locating in Classen Curve, on the SE corner building. Their sign has a new logo, unlike the Edmond location, and just says 501 with a circle around it.
    Interesting that CC will have a 501 and a 105...

Just posted on Facebook that Republic is about 30 days from opening.

Here's a video of construction progress:

18. Default Re: Classen Curve

Balliet's sign went up today.

Where exactly will Balliet's be located?

Great get for CC; death knell for 50 Penn.

20. Default Re: Classen Curve

Looks like it's going in to the big flagship (two-story) building.

yep, and that building has some awesome pop out window displays.

To be honest I am disappointed, I drove by this weekend. I was really hoping the 2 story flagship store was going to be retail we don't have in OKC.
    Last edited by circuitboard; 02-24-2010 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Clarify.

I think it's pretty cool-looking. I love all the 2nd story windows.

hey whoever is in the area soon can you take a pic of this 2 story retail space? Interested to see what it looks like.

To be honest I am disappointed, I drove by this weekend. I was really hoping the 2 story flagship store was going to be retail we don't have in OKC.
    Yeah, it's pretty much a lateral move for the market to just move a store. It may even be a bad thing, as it all but kills another retail location.

Not surprising though. Chesapeake's real estate development plan seem to be all about lateral moves.

Thread Information