Widgets Magazine
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213

Thread: OKC Retail Update

Default Re: OKC Retail Update

Steve said this about a possible Nordstrom coming to OKC

Guest 10:43 a.m. One thing lacking in OKC is a major retailer such as a Nordstrom. We need something that is a step up from Dillard's. And...the Saks at the outlet shops is absolutely not the answer; night and day between Saks off Fifth and an actual Saks Fifth Avenue. Do you see anything to address this need in the future??? Thanks.

Steve Lackmeyer 10:44 a.m. I don't see it happening. The truth is the era of department stores is seen by many as coming to an end, or at least the days of department stores expanding are certainly over.
    So that is why Von Maur came here? I also believe a couple new large department stores are coming to Dallas building on malls and possibly an expansion of one.

Steve also said in one of his previous chats the era(or days I think he said) of big box stores was over , but we are seeing new big box stores being built all over the city. Dallas and Houston is the same way. Here we have Chisholm Creek Development, new Sam's, Costco in Tulsa, multiple big box stores coming to Covell and I-35 in Edmond, new store Old Navy and some other one being built in MWC, Gander Mountain likely to 240, WinCo.... I could on and on.

I don't believe that OKC won't see an expansion of department stores. I think it's only a matter of time before a Belk, Nordstrom, or Saks is announced for here. We'll see I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post

So that is why Von Maur came here? I also believe a couple new large department stores are coming to Dallas building on malls and possibly an expansion of one.

Steve also said in one of his previous chats the era(or days I think he said) of big box stores was over , but we are seeing new big box stores being built all over the city. Dallas and Houston is the same way. Here we have Chisholm Creek Development, new Sam's, Costco in Tulsa, multiple big box stores coming to Covell and I-35 in Edmond, new store Old Navy and some other one being built in MWC, Gander Mountain likely to 240, WinCo.... I could on and on.

I don't believe that OKC won't see an expansion of department stores. I think it's only a matter of time before a Belk, Nordstrom, or Saks is announced for here. We'll see I guess.
    Completely agree. Steve can sometimes get very idealistic and project that idealism into the things he says in his chats. To me, he loses credibility when he does that especially when it goes in the face of facts. The era of department stores and big box stores are definitely not over, its just evolving as it always has. Certain ones are struggling i.e. Sears, JCPenney, and Saks but others are expanding like Von Maur, Nordstrom, and Belk.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post

Steve doesn't know what he is taking about when it comes to national retail. Nordstrom is expanding with new stores in Austin Houston. And Canada this year and is growing both full stores and racks at a healthy rate

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    Steve doesn't know what he is taking about when it comes to national retail. Nordstrom is expanding with new stores in Austin Houston. And Canada this year and is growing both full stores and racks at a healthy rate
    Didn't know that. Thanks for the info!

5. Default Re: OKC Retail Update

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    100% correct.

The only new Nordstorm's opening in Texas is in Houston.

Also, Belk is not at all akin to Nordstorm's or Saks or Nieman Marcus. Belk is in line with Dillards.

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    The only new Nordstorm's opening in Texas is in Houston.

Also, Belk is not at all akin to Nordstorm's or Saks or Nieman Marcus. Belk is in line with Dillards.
    Austin had one open up not too long ago, so that is what he was likely referring to.

I agree with you about Belk. Belk is not anything of luxury.

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    The only new Nordstorm's opening in Texas is in Houston
    Nordstrom plans store at Austin?s Domain | www.statesman.com

Austin

And new store coming to jax opening this oct Nordstrom, 8 other stores to open in Town Center this October in Jacksonville | members.jacksonville.com

For you mall lovers.... Villaggio Mall

Even I liked that place and I hate malls in general. Villaggio has all the luxury brands and more.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidD_NorthOKC View Post
    For you mall lovers.... Villaggio Mall

Even I liked that place and I hate malls in general. Villaggio has all the luxury brands and more.
    That one looks amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    That one looks amazing.
    Sitting on top of a very large percentage of the world's natural gas helps.

Thread Information