Widgets Magazine
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Dave and Buster's

Default Re: Dave & Buster's coming to OKC

Perhaps this is only phase 1... Hopefully they'll finish the exterior with part of the MAP3 tax extension.

2. Default Re: Dave & Buster's coming to OKC

Tulsa Dave & Buster's:

I didn't see it in the article, but last week on News4 their GM said opening Jan. 30th.

5. Default Re: Dave & Buster's coming to OKC

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    I didn't see it in the article, but last week on News4 their GM said opening Jan. 30th.
    25 Morning News was there Wednesday showing game machines being unloaded. Furniture was today and tomorrow. They also said opening is the 30th.

Okay, maybe i am just being a little sensitive but did the general manager say in the NewsOK video that this is a prototype to be able to go into "SMALLER" markets? http://newsok.com/dave-busters-set-t...rticle/3639511 REALLY?

However the article says "Small to Medium" markets. Was NewsOK being politically correct to not make this guy look bad?

D&B is in a lot of "smaller" Markets! Buffalo, Providence, Tulsa, Charlotte, Columbus, Jacksonville, Austin, Sacramento..etc.
    I am sick of being classified as a "SMALLER" market! We are just as good if not better than some of those cities!
    Am I just being sensitive or is this a Corporate D&B guy that moved here and has no idea about OKC?

Quote Originally Posted by OklahomaNick View Post
    Okay, maybe i am just being a little sensitive but did the general manager say in the NewsOK video that this is a prototype to be able to go into "SMALLER" markets? http://newsok.com/dave-busters-set-t...rticle/3639511 REALLY?

However the article says "Small to Medium" markets. Was NewsOK being politically correct to not make this guy look bad?

D&B is in a lot of "smaller" Markets! Buffalo, Providence, Tulsa, Charlotte, Columbus, Jacksonville, Austin, Sacramento..etc.
    I am sick of being classified as a "SMALLER" market! We are just as good if not better than some of those cities!
    Am I just being sensitive or is this a Corporate D&B guy that moved here and has no idea about OKC?

D&B has 55 stores and 52 of them are in markets larger than Oklahoma City. Two of the cities you named are more than twice the size of Oklahoma City. What would your definition of “smaller” be if not that?

To mean twice the population, not size.

Quote Originally Posted by Swake2 View Post
    D&B has 55 stores and 52 of them are in markets larger than Oklahoma City. Two of the cities you named are more than twice the size of Oklahoma City. What would your definition of “smaller” be if not that?
    They are bigger by a little bit yes, but not TWICE the size.

OKC: 1.3 million
    Providence: 1.6 million
    Buffalo:1.1 million
    Tulsa: 937k
    Charlotte: 1.3million MSA (not CSA)
    Columbus: 1.8 million
    Jacksonville: 1.3 million
    Austin: 1.7 million
    Sacramento: 2.1 million

So Swake2, you think that the 44th largest market in the country is a small market?

These cities compare very well to OKC. Do you think OKC has a larger population than it does?

... I am sick of being classified as a "SMALLER" market! ... Am I just being sensitive ... ?

I hope you feel better soon, and, yes, maybe just a little bit.

12. Default Re: Dave & Buster's coming to OKC

Who cares? We are getting a Dave and Busters. Relax.

They are bigger by a little bit yes, but not TWICE the size.

OKC: 1.3 million
    Providence: 1.6 million
    Buffalo:1.1 million
    Tulsa: 937k
    Charlotte: 1.3million MSA (not CSA)
    Columbus: 1.8 million
    Jacksonville: 1.3 million
    Austin: 1.7 million
    Sacramento: 2.1 million

So Swake2, you think that the 44th largest market in the country is a small market?

For D&B yes.

You numbers are a bit off, and the only way Oklahoma City has hit 1.3 million people is by using it’s CSA, which at the census was 1,322,429. The MSA was 1,252,987. You can’t claim OKC’s CSA while using MSA for the other cities. Your numbers are just off anyway.

Sacramento’s MSA was 2,149,129 and the city’s CSA was 2,461,780. That’s pretty much twice the size. As is Charlotte, the actual count for the MSA is 1,758,038 with 2,402,623 for the CSA.

Here’s the size of the D&B other “smallest” markets (MSA/CSA):

Columbus - 1,836,536 and 2,071,052
    Austin – 1,716,289 and 1,759,039
    Providence – 1,600,852 and 7,559,060 (part of the Boston CSA)
    Jacksonville – 1,345,596 (no CSA)
    Buffalo – 1,135,509 and 1,215,826 (not counting the nearly half million people on the Canadian side of the border, the real total metro population is 1.7 million)
    Tulsa – 937,478 and 988,454
    Tossing in Omaha as they are D&B smallest market 865,350 and 905,041

Oklahoma City is D&B’s third smallest market just ahead of Tulsa and right behind Jacksonville. There’s nothing wrong with that either. It’s a compliment to the market that they were willing to come in despite it being on the small side as compared to their other locations.

Quote Originally Posted by Swake2 View Post
    For D&B yes.

You numbers are a bit off, and the only way Oklahoma City has hit 1.3 million people is by using it’s CSA, which at the census was 1,322,429. The MSA was 1,252,987. You can’t claim OKC’s CSA while using MSA for the other cities. Your numbers are just off anyway.

Sacramento’s MSA was 2,149,129 and the city’s CSA was 2,461,780. That’s pretty much twice the size. As is Charlotte, the actual count for the MSA is 1,758,038 with 2,402,623 for the CSA.

Here’s the size of the D&B other “smallest” markets (MSA/CSA):

Columbus - 1,836,536 and 2,071,052
    Austin – 1,716,289 and 1,759,039
    Providence – 1,600,852 and 7,559,060 (part of the Boston CSA)
    Jacksonville – 1,345,596 (no CSA)
    Buffalo – 1,135,509 and 1,215,826 (not counting the nearly half million people on the Canadian side of the border, the real total metro population is 1.7 million)
    Tulsa – 937,478 and 988,454
    Tossing in Omaha as they are D&B smallest market 865,350 and 905,041

Oklahoma City is D&B’s third smallest market just ahead of Tulsa and right behind Jacksonville. There’s nothing wrong with that either. It’s a compliment to the market that they were willing to come in despite it being on the small side as compared to their other locations.
    Good analysis, Swake. But, tell me again, which of those MSAs is more than twice the size of OKC? ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Oil Capital View Post
    Good analysis, Swake. But, tell me again, which of those MSAs is more than twice the size of OKC? ;-)
    That was the entire reason I posted the populations. I was wondering the same question.

And I don't think Canadians are driving across the border to come to Dave and Busters. This discussion has gone way rogue!

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Yeah we know, that was already posted on here before.

"smaller markets" i think youre being too sensitive because it's all relative. Just like our Thunder, really good but we Re on of the smaller markets.

Drove by and took a pic today. It think it looks pretty good. Can't wait for it to open.

19. Default Re: Dave & Buster's coming to OKC

I drove by earlier this week and thought the same thing...can't wait for it to open.

It’s a compliment to the market that they were willing to come in despite it being on the small side as compared to their other locations.
    It's kind of hard to consider getting a Dave and Buster's as a compliment regardless of market size, but I see your point.

Drove by there this morning and noticed they've got their signage up now. Must be getting close to opening.

Quote Originally Posted by BB37 View Post
    Drove by there this morning and noticed they've got their signage up now. Must be getting close to opening.
    Was previously stated, the official opening is Jan. 30th

23. Default Re: Dave & Buster's coming to OKC

Great to see OKC getting new businesses. This place is a great addition to the every growing OKC.

Is it open? I drove by yesterday and the parking lot was completely packed and the lights were on inside.

No, Opens JAN 30th as previously posted.

Thread Information