Widgets Magazine
Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: WinCo

Default Re: WinCo

How hypocritical. Oklahoma has one of the largest Walmart followings in the country but people are lashing out at WinCo?

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    How hypocritical. Oklahoma has one of the largest Walmart followings in the country but people are lashing out at WinCo?
    Well, the people who are giving that pushback likely aren't Walmart shoppers (if they are you're right, it'd be hypocritical).

Probably not, you're right there.. But I never saw them going after Walmart by trying to get people to shop at Crest instead like they are with WinCo. Isn't more competition a good thing for shoppers?

Crest has several nice stores. I wouldn't worry about them going out of business. If anything I'd be looking at Homeland and Buy for Less if they don't make serious changes soon.

4. Default Re: WinCo

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    On Facebook there is a bit of push-back from those wanting to support locally owned Crest but since none of their stores are anywhere near me, I've never even shopped in one.
    I will be splitting my time between the two but Crest will probably be relegated more to when I just need a few items quickly and I don't feel like dealing with the traffic on 19th Street..... I also like the meat counters at the 104th and May and Norman locations better but Winco had choice briskets for $1.89 lb.... If they keep the prices in that range... I'll be purchasing most of my briskets at Winco..... Pork shoulders I usually get when they are on sale for $0.99 a lb at GFF, or Crest.... I thought the pork shoulders at Winco were priced a bit high.

I really liked the fresh produce section at Winco a lot. Saw a few items there I usually have to go to Sprout's or Whole Foods to find.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    On Facebook there is a bit of push-back from those wanting to support locally owned Crest but since none of their stores are anywhere near me, I've never even shopped in one.
    I have no 'political preference' with one over the other. If WinCo wants my business, recognize there's a very hungry market in the Yukon/Mustang area. Same thing with Crest. They've both ignored it (WinCo can be cut a bit of slack on this, they literally JUST showed up). I HAVE been to Crest, and I like it, but it's definitely not a convenient choice. It's easily been over a year since the last time.

6. Default Re: WinCo

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    I will be splitting my time between the two but Crest will probably be relegated more to when I just need a few items quickly and I don't feel like dealing with the traffic on 19th Street..... I also like the meat counters at the 104th and May and Norman locations better but Winco had choice briskets for $1.89 lb.... If they keep the prices in that range... I'll be purchasing most of my briskets at Winco..... Pork shoulders I usually get when they are on sale for $0.99 a lb at GFF, or Crest.... I thought the pork shoulders at Winco were priced a bit high.

I really liked the fresh produce section at Winco a lot. Saw a few items there I usually have to go to Sprout's or Whole Foods to find.
    Crest had Choice packer brisket this weekend for 1.80 per lb here in Norman. Grabbed one and I don't even want to smoke this week but I couldn't pass it up!

7. Default Re: WinCo

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Crest had Choice packer brisket this weekend for 1.80 per lb here in Norman. Grabbed one and I don't even want to smoke this week but I couldn't pass it up!
    Talked to a few people that shopped at Crest and told me about the lowered prices there since Winco opened.

The briskets at Winco are NOT Choice but Select a grade lower than choice, I looked at them this weekend and all the ones I saw for the cheap price were Select grade. I will have to pass on that grade as it would take way longer to smoke and render out tender than a Choice or Prime brisket would.

9. Default Re: WinCo

The one I looked at WAS choice..... Or more specifically "USDA choice or higher" which is a label I have never seen before.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	18814765_1373034862742627_7881794676784980380_o.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	88.8 KB 
ID:	13872

That's twice that rumor has been started and quickly debunked.

The one I looked at WAS choice..... Or more specifically "USDA choice or higher" which is a label I have never seen before.

Name:	18814765_1373034862742627_7881794676784980380_o.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	88.8 KB 
ID:	13872
    You have to look at the writing on the clear plastic bag they come in not the printed Winco sticker. They can print and call it whatever they want on the sticker but the printed black writing on the bag will tell the grade of meat in it and they all said SELECT!!

Blog Entries

Had a great shopping experience at the WinCo in Moore today. Very clean store, reminded me of the excitement opening of Krispy Kreme francises. Overall, the prices matched or were better than those at Walmart. Ten to .20 saved on a number of items, good if you purchase a lot of groceries. Many of the name-brand items you find at Crest & Walmart were about the same at WinCo.

Can't hardly wait until they get the 39th Expressway store in OKC completed.

13. Default Re: WinCo

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby821 View Post
    You have to look at the writing on the clear plastic bag they come in not the printed Winco sticker. They can print and call it whatever they want on the sticker but the printed black writing on the bag will tell the grade of meat in it and they all said SELECT!!
    LMAO....... I've bought enough briskets to know better and I've seen the USDA fine grocery stores for mislabeling meat. I'll believe Winco's label, and my eyes, before I'll believe your CAPS.

LMAO....... I've bought enough briskets to know better and I've seen the USDA fine grocery stores for mislabeling meat. I'll believe Winco's label, and my eyes, before I'll believe your CAPS.
    Whatever, I know what I am talking about...

15. Default Re: WinCo

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby821 View Post
    Whatever, I know what I am talking about...
    So since you know so much. You know that to be Certified Angus Beef it has to be Choice grade or higher right?

Name:	IMG_5620.JPG 
Views:	100 
Size:	2.32 MB 
ID:	13877

And since you know what you are talking about. You know that the graphic behind the label on these briskets I just bought at Winco is the exact same trademarked symbol used to signify Certified Angus Beef right?

Name:	IMG_5624.JPG 
Views:	92 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	13878 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5625.JPG 
Views:	93 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	13881

Maybe you can see it better there on the backside of the other brisket I bought.... It's limit two or I would have bought more.... but anyway... Here's a couple more closeups on the packaging of these "SELECT" grade briskets.

Name:	IMG_5621.JPG 
Views:	106 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	13879 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5622.JPG 
Views:	98 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	13880

Still want to insist in all caps that these Winco Briskets are SELECT?

Wow. You two have a real BEEF going here...

17. Default Re: WinCo

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    Wow. You two have a real BEEF going here...
    No, it's over now... I grilled him with that last post.

No, it's over now... I grilled him with that last post.
    That's odd. I figured you would have smoked him.

19. Default Re: WinCo

Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    That's odd. I figured you would have smoked him.
    I thought about that after I posted but since most beef gets grilled..... My only regret is I don't usually get my beef that well done.

Last five posts:

You know that's just real flippin great you treat a fellow poster like a piece of crap over something like this!! Shows how much lower of a person you guys are. Maybe they have two freakin diffent kinds of dumbass briskets and I only say the SELECT ones and not the precious CHOICE ones you speak about excuse me for not being able to see the whole meat section your highness it was crowded in the store that day I was there browsing the meat section. What a bunch of loosers!!

Okay, everyone please calm down.

Thanks.

23. Default Re: WinCo

I was just educating you on how meat is graded.... If you take offense to it that's on you.

I was just educating you on how meat is graded.... If you take offense to it that's on you.
    I appreciate that, but I know how meat is graded.

25. Default Re: WinCo

How is the brisket there OKBBQ? That looks pretty nice from the pictures and I like that they haven't trimmed the crap out of it so I can do it myself.

I have to do a couple of briskets later this month and I might drive over to grab some and try out.

Thread Information