Widgets Magazine
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Kroger

Default Re: Kroger

^^^ very bizarre I heard that as well from someone at ODOT of all places.

2. Default Re: Kroger

Well that's weird. But if it's true, then HECKS YEAH!

I haven't found anything anywhere in terms of what this merger will do, if anything, to the Kroger delivery services we enjoy here in OKC.

https://www.wjhl.com/news/national/k...0take%20months.

So far, been pretty pleased with their delivery service, but today something happened that's happened before and is super-annoying - it appears they just left a bag with a bunch of frozen stuff (lunches, pizza) either in the truck or at the warehouse. Happened 2 or 3 times now and that's not a good percentage - 10% of the deliveries have had this happen (we've been getting deliveries since May or Jun, so ~15-20 deliveries).

^^^ It just happened again, this is ridiculous (always a bag of frozen items)! Something's broken in their process, can't be just me that has this happen. Guess I'll have to have them hand the bags to me in-person and not let them leave until I've checked everything from now on, ugh....

6. Default Re: Kroger

Have they been refunding you what was missed?

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    When I have had issues, I have reported it in the App and get refunded pretty quickly.

Absolutely, the first thing I do after unpacking is go through the list and submit a refund with "I did not receive the item" as the reason (and someone somewhere in Kroger should be going through their lists of refunds and figuring out what the cause of them is and fix it). But that does not mitigate the inconvenience of having to go somewhere else to get the undelivered items or creating another delivery.

9. Default Re: Kroger

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Absolutely, the first thing I do after unpacking is go through the list and submit a refund with "I did not receive the item" as the reason (and someone somewhere in Kroger should be going through their lists of refunds and figuring out what the cause of them is and fix it). But that does not mitigate the inconvenience of having to go somewhere else to get the undelivered items or creating another delivery.
    No, it doesn't. Especially if they don't inform you ahead ofvdelivery if something's missing. Hopefully, it's a bug they will fix soon.

No, it doesn't. Especially if they don't inform you ahead ofvdelivery if something's missing. Hopefully, it's a bug they will fix soon.
    It's actually not a bug, it almost has to be a live, person thing. It's always a bag of frozen lunches and/or a pizza, and either the shopper doesn't put that bag with the rest of the order in whatever bin-type system they probably use, or the driver doesn't get it on the truck or it gets on the truck but doesn't make it to our door. I've always just let them drop it on the porch in case I'm in a mtg or otherwise busy, but I'll make sure to get them from the driver, and check everything out while they're there, and explain why I'm now doing it and hopefully find out where in the system the problem is.

11. Default Re: Kroger

^^^^^^^^^
    The “problem” is in Texas, whenever there is one. I haven’t seen anyone mention it here, but Kroger’s OKC deliveries are actually bagged in DFW. Yes, I know we have a distribution center in OKC, but that’s only where they load and dispatch the trucks. The actual groceries are bagged in north Texas, placed into shipping boxes, and then freighted to OKC, where they are then transferred to delivery vans.

I’ve been using Kroger delivery for about 18 months at this point, and anytime there is any issue (for instance one cracked egg among a dozen, which has happened a few times), usually the drivers themselves catch it and rectify. Other occasional issues include not receiving a full complement of ordered produce. But honestly I’ve found it to be remarkably reliable.

I am guessing Oklahoma City will get a Bucees and a HEB before we get a physical Kroger Store.

13. Default Re: Kroger

My $1 bet is Kroger is using OKC to see if they can be successful as delivery-only and not build brick and morter.

I've had some baffling experiences with the delivery service since enrolling early this year...not sure I'm going to renew (they ended up refunding a $250+ order they delivered to the wrong house in the middle of July so I made money) - they are routinely out of basic items like bagels and deli meat and I get an error anytime I ask for a refund for a incorrect/bad/broken item...it doesn't work on either the app or website and I have to call each time.

^^ I have had issue with deli meat also. I really like how they have Boars Head but they always seem out of what I want and it just doesn't arrive.

We never get fresh produce or deli items from Kroger, we just go to Sprouts for both, so we've never had a problem with those.

Weird about an error when asking for a refund, it's worked flawlessly every time I've had to do it on the website using Chrome, and I've had to do it at least 3 times now for the missing bag of frozen items. That's the only glitch I've really had with them, and I'm going to talk to the driver today to find out where it's happening.

17. Default Re: Kroger

The Kroger brand in Denver is often out of certain Boars Head items and stores sometimes don't have anyone working deli due to staffing problems so its not just the delivery service. Also, given the short life-span of sliced deli meat, it may be best to get that from a local Sprouts though their selection is often limited.

That frozen foods issue is weird.

The Kroger brand in Denver is often out of certain Boars Head items and stores sometimes don't have anyone working deli due to staffing problems so its not just the delivery service. Also, given the short life-span of sliced deli meat, it may be best to get that from a local Sprouts though their selection is often limited.

That frozen foods issue is weird.
    Yes, agreed, that's why I wanted to talk to a driver to find out how many hands touch the bags and where the problem could be. They dropped and ran this morning, so I didn't get to ask, but at least our order was completely fulfilled.

Neither of the Sprouts we go to (63rd/May in OKC, 2nd/Blvd in Edmond) has what we would think of as a limited selection of Boar's Head - they each have about 15 varieties of meat (chicken, beef, ham, salami, probably prosciutto and pancetta too) and about 8-9 varieties of cheese, at the very least, plus seasonal items, so we've always been able to find what deli meat we've needed at Sprouts.

Yes, and Target even sells Boards Head. It's just that the whole point of delivery is to not have to go to a store for the basics. I mean, no it's not the end of the world to go into Sprouts. Heck we go in there often as it is for fresh produce multiple times per week.

I remember when Sprouts came to the metro some 15 years ago (maybe) and they brought with them Boars Head. Was so stoked.

Interesting, did not know that. That explains a few things - why the warehouse here looks smaller than I'd guessed, why delivery is always next day and never a same day option, and why the milk I got from them had a DFW area plant code instead of an OK plant code.

I'm still extremely satisfied with their service so far.

Kroger has a great deal on turkeys right now, $.99 a pound. That's cheaper than Sam's Club.

I just ordered every single thing I need to prepare a full Thanksgiving dinner for my family, and I won't even have to set foot in a store, searching endlessly for a handful of things that get moved every holiday season, and fighting crowds in the process. And 9 times out of 10, I have to go to multiple places.

22. Default Re: Kroger

Yeah, Kroger delivery is the business. Besides a weekly Home Chef, Kroger accounts for 95%+ of my consumables at home. It’s too convenient, especially with delivery going to a building concierge. Household groceries take me about ten minutes per week, at most.

About the only shopping I’m required to do is for my elderly mother, who doesn’t drive and who lives on the second floor of a secured apartment complex. She has mobility issues and can be a bit anxious, so navigating grocery deliveries is a bit of a challenge. I just run to Homeland at 16th and Classen once a week for her. Things could be much worse, all things considered.

Kroger driver just told me that their Boost membership (free delivery) is currently half-price ($30), not sure how long it lasts, but if anybody's been on the fence about using them, this should make the case for it - after 4 deliveries, the rest of the deliveries in a year are free ($6.95/delivery is their normal charge).

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Kroger driver just told me that their Boost membership (free delivery) is currently half-price ($30), not sure how long it lasts, but if anybody's been on the fence about using them, this should make the case for it - after 4 deliveries, the rest of the deliveries in a year are free ($6.95/delivery is their normal charge).
    I saw this too. Is "Boost" just the name of the annual membership? Everything is still through Kroger and their delivery service correct? Is there a minimum purchase amount through Kroger to use Boost, or can you order one or two items with no delivery fee?

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    I saw this too. Is "Boost" just the name of the annual membership? Everything is still through Kroger and their delivery service correct? Is there a minimum purchase amount through Kroger to use Boost, or can you order one or two items with no delivery fee?
    Yes, Boost is their annual membership, not sure what else it covers besides free delivery, maybe gas points or something like that. Yes, it's all Kroger, from their shoppers in their Dallas store, drivers driving it up here, then warehouse workers sorting and delivery drivers here in OKC, it's all their employees (no tipping allowed). $35 min purchase, I believe, to get free delivery, even if you have Boost (but we never have that problem, we do weekly deliveries of $100-150).

Thread Information