Widgets Magazine
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Dave and Buster's

Default Re: Dave & Buster's coming to OKC

Quote Originally Posted by diggyba View Post
    Picky picky picky..
    I thought it looked a lot worse before shawnw posted the pic since i hadn't seen it. While it isn't visually stunning, it isn't that bad either.

lol every time i see that building the song " I said what about breakfast at tiffanys" pops in my mind. Love that building

Some photos from about a month ago:

4. Default Re: Dave & Buster's coming to OKC

Website says opening Jan 30th

The Whataburger has been open since about Dec. 15th. They blew through that project!

The outside of the Tiffany building is so ugly, wish they would update it.

I don't think it looks too bad. Their logo has blue and orange, so I bet it will compliment the building when it's finished.

I've never been to a Dave & Buster's before. Is this design typical?

Blog Entries

I've been to several and none looked like that...

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    I seen one in Columbus, OH a few months ago and it looked nothing like this. It looked like a super-sized whataburger.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    I believe this is their newest look. Of course older existing stores won't look like it. This whole development was lost potential, but chill out, it's a good looking D&B and having one is good for our city in retaining the youth.

I might be in the minority but I love the color scheme and design of the building.

I might be in the minority but I love the color scheme and design of the building.
    I agree. It is a bright spot on what used to be an empty ugly car lot for many years...

I love the design/scheme as well. I would have preferred it be more dense in a mixed-use dense development like that site is perfect for, but considering it's OKC and developers don't know what that means, it's a better looking faux suburban building, and one of the nicer looking D&B. Most of them are just tan EIFS.

I agree. Some people made a big deal about it before I had seen it so I thought it was bad but when I seen it in person I actually liked it.

I don't hate it, but it does sorta look like someone belched up a bit of Tetris screen taffy

I drove by a couple of days ago and when I just glanced at it while passing by, I thought it was just some kind of under layer or something that would be stuccoed over or something. I couldn't see the pattern in it. I had no idea that was the finished product. Yuk!

If you look at the color scheme in place, it matches some of the other colors in the area. The county inn and suites was repaired recently and it has a similar yellow. The hampton and 3030 building have the same red. The crown plaza has what seems to be the same dark green. Must be something for the area??

It must be something about that area. Drove by again today and was noticing all the colors on the buildings. That Country Inn is horrible looking. What a hideous color. Some kind of dijon mustard nightmare!

The Country Inn isn't nearly as bad in person as some of the pics posted here indicate, it has nearly the same color palette as the Panera Bread down the street

Quote Originally Posted by Larry OKC View Post
    The Country Inn isn't nearly as bad in person as some of the pics posted here indicate, it has nearly the same color palette as the Panera Bread down the street
    Larry, I've seen it both close up and from afar. It's hideous. A ten story Panera Bread building doesn't do it.

ljbab728: I've seen it too, and like I said it isn't that bad at all. it isn't an exact match in color (the yellow does seem to have a slight greenish cast to it) but you can see it in the background of the first pic Pete posted and the same colors are present in the Dave & Busters building. Colors (and restraunts/food)are subjective you like it or you don't. Personally I am not a fan of the Whataburger orange either. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Brzycki View Post
    Some photos from about a month ago:

There are a lot of colors used in the popular palettes that I do not really like, including the week old dried mustard color that is used quite a bit. Mixed with many other colors like that location makes it a bit more appealing. I have only been to the newish D&B in Westminster but it was a drizzly night so I didn't really get to see what the outside looked. The one in South Denver is an older one right on I-25 but it looks huge from the outside. Before going to the one in Westminster the only location that I had been to was the Walnut Hill Lane location in Dallas, never went to the Austin one and I only worked a mile or so from it for 4 years.

The design is so hideous my wife and I concluded it wasn't near completed. Unfortunately, this is the actual, dreadful design. It's so bad it's as if the architect / builder / designer hates OKC and is playing a cruel joke on us. Awful.

Developers in this town, with a couple of exceptions, have no pride or taste and appear to only care about money. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Developers in this town, with a couple of exceptions, have no pride or taste and appear to only care about money. Disgusting.
    Probably has more to do with D&B and less to do with the developer.

Thread Information