Widgets Magazine
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are all the former news anchors?

Prunepicker Guest

Default Re: Where are all the former news anchors?

Quote Originally Posted by lparsons View Post
    What happen to Jerry Adams?
    Didn't she use to teach vocal music at UCO, formerly CSU?

The name Frazier is coming to mind but I may be way off base.

Quote Originally Posted by Prunepicker View Post
    Originally Posted by lparsons
    What happen to Jerry Adams?
    Didn't she use to teach vocal music at UCO, formerly CSU?

The name Frazier is coming to mind but I may be way off base.
    Dunno. Not now, that's for sure. UCO hasn't been CSU in almost 20 years, BTW.

Prunepicker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jsibelius View Post
    Dunno. Not now, that's for sure. UCO hasn't been CSU in almost 20 years, BTW.
    I went to Central State College then Central State University and have students of mine that attended University of Central Oklahoma.

Where did Suzanne Steely go? She was with KFOR in the 90's. Is she still in broadcasting?

Does anyone remember a reporter at Channel 9 in the late 90's named Julie Dyson? Seems like Kelly Ogle always called her "Jules" as he was going to a live report she did or as she was throwing a report back to the studio. She wasn't here long I don't think.

Also, what about Rick Pendergraft who covered sports for Channel 5? I heard he went to Tulsa (maybe Channel 8?) but am not sure.

This is a great board with lots of info on former OKC people. I've enjoyed reading about them all this AM.

Where has Lauren Brown (KFOR) gone?

Prunepicker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    That's interesting to know... I don't realize Amy McCree was from UCO.
    Boy, guess I'm not such a dedicated Broncho alum!!! Anyways, that's really
    cool to learn.
    Hey! I'm a Bronco alum! Amy is very pretty. Seems to me that back in 19__
    there was a runner up for Miss Oklahoma in the class. But that was back
    when... well... you know... don't you?

I heard Maggie Carlo is leaving Oct 15th. Moving to Chicago, apparently that's where her husband works.....wonder if this was who Aaron was refferring to when he said look for another anchor to be leaving.......

God please don't let this mean more Paul Folger! I can't stand him. John Flick deserves Maggie's spot on the desk.

KOCO has a story on their website. They're getting two new anchors.

One to co-anchor with John in the morning, and another to co-anchor with JiaoJiao on the weekend morning show.

And sadly, Paul Folger will now be on at 5, 6, and 10.

11. Default Re: Where are all the former news anchors?

Here's that link to the story about the new anchors, as well as Maggie's departure.

New Anchors To Join Eyewitness News 5 - Oklahoma City News Story - KOCO Oklahoma City

What a concept, they are actually telling us that an anchor is leaving, rather than letting it out in the last 3 minutes of her final show. Of course, now she'll be flooded with emails from all her fans, but what the heck.

I noticed too, that they mention Stephanie Croswait as the News Director. I wonder if that means Sherrie Brown is no longer there. Aaron had mentioned tons of departures a while back, I wonder if Sherrie was one of them.

Anyone? Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by drumsncode View Post
    What a concept, they are actually telling us that an anchor is leaving, rather than letting it out in the last 3 minutes of her final show. Of course, now she'll be flooded with emails from all her fans, but what the heck.
    Doesn't it seem odd to you that tv stations are so secretive when it comes to their own internal workings? They'll probe every little detail if it's a firing within state or local government, but when it comes to themselves, suddenly "it's none of your business". LOL

I noticed too, that they mention Stephanie Croswait as the News Director. I wonder if that means Sherrie Brown is no longer there. Aaron had mentioned tons of departures a while back, I wonder if Sherrie was one of them.
    Anyone? Anyone?
    I think Sherrie left some time ago, but not because she was forced out. I think she got moved higher up within the group broadcasting system. Basically, she did too good of a job. I'll see what I can find out.

Quote Originally Posted by kimard View Post
    KOCO has a story on their website. They're getting two new anchors.

One to co-anchor with John in the morning, and another to co-anchor with JiaoJiao on the weekend morning show.

And sadly, Paul Folger will now be on at 5, 6, and 10.
    I'm not crazy about Paul Folger either. I would rather watch John Flick. Do you think he prefers the morning gig and asked not to be moved up to the main anchor position?

Between Maggie and Jessica, I liked Maggie better, but I don't dislike Jessica. Having the two women made it feel somehow "unsettled." Which is just silly. They are both very good at what they do. I suppose I'll eventually get used to Mr. Folger, too.

I said that about a weather person they hired in another market one time. She used to drive me crazy because she the the weekend anchor used to be very giggly when they worked together. Last time I went for a visit, the "weather girl" was gone, replaced by a guy who had left and decided to return. The prodigal son, so to speak. It was a great relief to see him again, I have to say. No more weather giggles.

David Payne's weather laughs are a different story.

interesting move to put a positive spin on another exodus at the station while introducing two new people.

Not that I know anything, but my gut tells me John Flick may be next in line to leave.

It's easier to name the people still there (shorter list) in one years time than to list those who have left.

Out with the old, in with the new...

As long as Rick stays.

No doom and gloom Mike Morgan for me.

16. Default Re: Where are all the former news anchors?

If I remember right Fred Norman on a news cast had said it was going to be sunny an clear over the next few days, and we had one of the biggest snow storms ever. Guess they got slammed with complaints.

KSBI recently sold a part interest in the station to Aubry McClendon and Tom Ward, and are building a new studio off NW Expressway & Kilpatrick on Morgan Rd, guess it will be done soon.

IMO they may get the over air broadcast of Thunder games.

What's with News9 Carrie Rose's new hairstyle? It looks like she is getting ready for a date with Billy Ray Cyrus.

Does anyone remember Carrie Zamora (KOCO).....that started off as a great gig...then I think she became ill. If I remember correctly her and Tyler Suiters made for a great anchor desk!! Wonder if she overcame her illness, ATUTT?????????

I believe Carrie Zamora was diagnosed with lupus, and no cure for this disease exists at the moment.

20. Default Re: Where are all the former news anchors?

21. Default Re: Where are all the former news anchors?

I'd like to know what Maggie Carlo is going to be doing in Chicago. Quite often, they will tell you upon departure that they are taking a job at another station, but all they stressed on the final shows was that she was moving to be with her husband since his job is there.

Perhaps she is looking for an anchor job in that area. Maybe "King Tut" has the info on this. I kick myself for not just asking her outright.

You guys are funny. It just so happens that I do know a little.

From a friend, Carrie is doing well in Texas. Don't know any more than that.

Maggie is enjoying her break away from TV. I don't think she had any pressing plans for Chicago other than finally getting to live with her husband. I'm sure she's working on something though.

Oh, and another reporter will be leaving soon. Two of their long time photographers left for Thunder. That place amazes me...it won't be much longer and there won't be anyone left that I know!

23. Default Re: Where are all the former news anchors?

Quote Originally Posted by atutt View Post
    You guys are funny. It just so happens that I do know a little.

From a friend, Carrie is doing well in Texas. Don't know any more than that.

Maggie is enjoying her break away from TV. I don't think she had any pressing plans for Chicago other than finally getting to live with her husband. I'm sure she's working on something though.

Oh, and another reporter will be leaving soon. Two of their long time photographers left for Thunder. That place amazes me...it won't be much longer and there won't be anyone left that I know!
    Thank you so much! It's nice of you to help satisfy our curiousity.

Default Re: Where are all the former news anchors?Carrie Zamora

Carrie Zamora,
    is teaching school in the Midland/Odessa TX area where she was from...
    and single OKC guys will be heartbroken that the beautiful Miss Z is now married!!!!

Default Re: Where are all the former news anchors?Carrie Zamora

Quote Originally Posted by EdwardEll View Post
    Carrie Zamora,
    is teaching school in the Midland/Odessa TX area where she was from...
    and single OKC guys will be heartbroken that the beautiful Miss Z is now married!!!!
    Hope it's Midland and not Odessa. There's a big difference between the two. I wouldn't wish Odessa on my worst enemy. Midland's not so bad. It's got all the oil money. Which probably explains our current president...

Thread Information