Widgets Magazine
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Tulsa King

Default Re: Tulsa King

The Tusa King premise is a copy of previously done Lilyhammer. Not a fresh storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    The Tusa King premise is a copy of previously done Lilyhammer. Not a fresh storyline.
    99% of all crime dramas come from Sherlock Holmes stories. There is almost nothing 'new'. Just remakes. One can go down to the book store and buy the Complete Works of Sherlock Holmes for $20 and save hundreds of hours of TV time.

Not influeced but downright copied. Mafia kingpin gets out of prison and gets sent to an area totaly alien. I mean c'mon now.

Which was done in My Blue Heaven? I think Oklahoma can be as interesting in a fish out of water story as rural Norway...

The first time someone moved into a new tribe, the "fish out of water" story was created. Humans are complex, but in a lot of ways not that complex.

Not influeced but downright copied. Mafia kingpin gets out of prison and gets sent to an area totaly alien. I mean c'mon now.
    For some reason I hadn't ever thought about that...but you're absolutely correct. Two great mafia actors lol. Might even have a near olympic connection now lol.

It was similarly goofy but I was always disappointed that there weren't more episodes of Lilyhammer. I'm easily entertained and enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    Which was done in My Blue Heaven? I think Oklahoma can be as interesting in a fish out of water story as rural Norway...
    Probably as interesting and random to them as a rural Norway is to us lol.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Rural Norway is not to be confused with a potential acquisition of Greenland by the USA with a nice freeway link through the Artic connecting the two as the climate warms and the North Pole ice caps melt. This will greatly enhance trade and shipping routes as well. Norway doesn’t really fit into that picture but if I had to leave America it’d be between Nepal, Australia, or Norway.

Blog Entries

Funny story about My Blue Heaven, which is great, it was released at the same time as Goodfellas and both movies are based on Henry Hill. Goodfellas was based on the book "Wiseguys" by Nicholas Pileggi who was the late Nora Ephron's husband. Ephron wrote the comedic My Blue Heaven at the same time Pileggi wrote the serious Wiseguys. It's the same, true, story.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    I really enjoyed it. Took kind of a dive into traditional Norwegian music and now I want a Hardanger (sp?) fiddle. Just like a regular fiddle, but with an extra set of strings running (I believe) from under the plaing strings and under the fingerboard for deeper harmonics and resonance. Pretty cool. I'll probably commission one when I have a few extra thousand bucks laying around.

Okay guys and gals, as usual I am always late to the party. Tulsa King was okay but like a lot of you here I watched and was more focused on the shooting locations that I might be familiar with. Because of that I really enjoyed it. I also enjoy all of the pics and the screenshots that you all have posted in this thread. I've noticed a few more locations, anyone got any more pics that they would like to share ?

13. Default Re: Tulsa King

Tulsa King was a highly watched show. There has still been no announcement of where season 2 will be filmed but apparently not in OK as has been previously discussed on here. What has not been discussed is, like Yellowstone, there may be spinoff franchises that could be based in OK. Hopefully, the main show or spinoffs can return to the state.

This article states the next season of Tulsa King will be filmed in Atlanta. Ironically, it mentions after that how Stallone may have been bothered by the heat - yet they're going to move production to Atlanta? Hmmm....

https://www.menshealth.com/entertain...ate-cast-news/

I strongly believe his one comment about the OK heat was blown completely out or proportion. Why, then, are Texas and Georgia popular filming spots?

He made more posts about how much he liked filming here, but that somehow gets overlooked.

I believe they left for other reasons that I won't mention because at this point they are just rumors.

Ugh, I was hoping for better news when I saw this thread got bumped! Didn't love the show, but I did love that it was filmed here.

17. Default Re: Tulsa King

I'll probably not bother to watch. It was fun spotting out the locations they were filming.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingoat View Post
    This article states the next season of Tulsa King will be filmed in Atlanta. Ironically, it mentions after that how Stallone may have been bothered by the heat - yet they're going to move production to Atlanta? Hmmm....

https://www.menshealth.com/entertain...ate-cast-news/
    It’s a little more muggy in Atlanta but honestly every time I’ve been there in summer it wasn’t as armadillo killing bad as is here in say August.

Yeah I personally enjoyed the show and will probably watch season 2, but I'm much less excited about it now knowing they won't be filming here.

I wonder about the Oklahoma film tax credit fund. I recall that Tula King and Killers Of The Flower Moon maxed out the available amount when they filmed here. But I don't know how much was a one time use fund, and how much might be annually appropriated?

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    I wonder about the Oklahoma film tax credit fund. I recall that Tula King and Killers Of The Flower Moon maxed out the available amount when they filmed here. But I don't know how much was a one time use fund, and how much might be annually appropriated?
    There is a lot of info on this here: https://www.okfilmmusic.org/incentives

But I think it is capped at $30MM in incentives per 1 year if I am understanding the details correctly.

Georgia has such a huge film industry compared to Oklahoma. They've invested steadily over many years, we invest in spats and are inconsistent. This is what happens.

Georgia has such a huge film industry compared to Oklahoma. They've invested steadily over many years, we invest in spats and are inconsistent. This is what happens.
    This is true. They actually repealed state rebate incentives awhile back 2012 I believe. And now they’re back.one of those good ideas someone else wanted to claim as their own maybe

Oklahoma is very late to this game and it shows.

https://tvline.com/news/tulsa-king-c...rs-1235198285/

Casting agency quits in Atlanta. Says Sly was disparaging.

Thread Information