Widgets Magazine
Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: IKEA

1. Default re: IKEA coming to OKC?

Spartan just likes to make sure and point out how opinions that differ from his, aren't worth anything.

But anyway - you will see the cost of the sawdust pressed stick furniture in a box now go up thanks to that union deal. Higher priced crappy furniture for all!

2. Default re: IKEA coming to OKC?

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    Spartan just likes to make sure and point out how opinions that differ from his, aren't worth anything.!
    Well duh, anyone, and I mean anyone, who disagrees with me, is just a moronic twit, because I said so.

Default re: IKEA coming to OKC?

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Wichita Sooner, go back to the oasis of inferior suburban development of Wichita. I can resort to that stuff too.
    Suddenly you can resort to that stuff???? That's hilarious... you ARE "that stuff." But, honestly by responding to you I'm only feeding your insatiable desire to be the center of attention. Being negative nancy appears to be your best way to make a name for yourself. I witnessed your act over on skyscrapercity and they were smart enough to eject you there. But, I'm sure it wasn't your fault that you were hated over there too, huh? Maybe you should just start up your own place on the internet to play your games... I'm sure it will be a wildly popular place.

Until anyone has proof an IKEA is coming to Oklahoma, this thread needs to die.

Quote Originally Posted by diggyba View Post
    Until anyone has proof an IKEA is coming to Oklahoma, this thread needs to die.
    This

6. Default re: IKEA coming to OKC?

Quote Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
    Suddenly you can resort to that stuff???? That's hilarious... you ARE "that stuff." But, honestly by responding to you I'm only feeding your insatiable desire to be the center of attention. Being negative nancy appears to be your best way to make a name for yourself. I witnessed your act over on skyscrapercity and they were smart enough to eject you there. But, I'm sure it wasn't your fault that you were hated over there too, huh? Maybe you should just start up your own place on the internet to play your games... I'm sure it will be a wildly popular place.
    Um... I think we were talking about suburban strip malls, or do you not want to defend them or something? I'm serious, go back to Wichita. You'll be happier there, in case OKC keeps making the strides it is making. Personal attacks demonstrate that you have nothing else to say. But you never had any real thoughts to begin with.

And my blocked user list continues to grow..

^^LOL,Hold on there,I know for a fact nobody hated Nick over on SSC only a few OKC Trolls did and they baited him into arguments and all of those people were banned also not just Nick!

8. Default re: IKEA coming to OKC?

Maybe you should just start up your own place on the internet to play your games... I'm sure it will be a wildly popular place.
    Funny you should say that...

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Um... I think we were talking about suburban strip malls, or do you not want to defend them or something? I'm serious, go back to Wichita. You'll be happier there, in case OKC keeps making the strides it is making. Personal attacks demonstrate that you have nothing else to say. But you never had any real thoughts to begin with.

And my blocked user list continues to grow..

I'm not going anywhere champ. It's OKC metro for me until the end. But, you seem to think this is such a bad place I can't for the life of me figure out why you are still interested in a place so devoid of proper urban design. Oh, could it be you are just an attention whore? Tell me what I've won chuck.

And just a helpful tip... Stop being so much like you, and you won't have such a large ignore list. It must be strange to live in a house without mirrors. But, convenient for a guy like you...

WichitaSooner and Spartan Please see this thread:http://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=26651

So is IKEA coming to OKC or not? That's all I want to know.

12. Default re: IKEA coming to OKC?

I'm not going anywhere champ. It's OKC metro for me until the end. But, you seem to think this is such a bad place I can't for the life of me figure out why you are still interested in a place so devoid of proper urban design. Oh, could it be you are just an attention whore? Tell me what I've won chuck.

And just a helpful tip... Stop being so much like you, and you won't have such a large ignore list. It must be strange to live in a house without mirrors. But, convenient for a guy like you...
    You know it's bad when someone PMs me that I should read a post. And what do you care if I should stay in OKC? I don't understand why this is even for you to comment on. The funny thing is I'm not exactly doing anything I don't want to do, either. And it's partly because I believe in OKC and believe that it can be a great city. If you don't like it when I criticize strip malls, I would suggest that you get over your inferiority complex and overly defensive nature.

And by the way, my ignore list only has two users on it: you, and one other extremely cynical poster.

I contacted Ikea recently and they told me they didn't open any new stores last year, none are planned this year, and 2012 depends on the economy. So no probably no okc store in the foreseeable future.

The new Denver (Centennial, Colorado) store opened up last week (July 28, 2011).

Denver Post - Centennial Ikea store opens to raves

Zing!

Must be a different Ikea...

Quote Originally Posted by Questor View Post
    I contacted Ikea recently and they told me they didn't open any new stores last year, none are planned this year, and 2012 depends on the economy. So no probably no okc store in the foreseeable future.
    Did you contact the guy in the call center making $7 an hour or someone with authority?

Maybe it was a fake IKEA store (like the fake Apple stores reported recently in China)?

I wouldn't give him to much grief, Steak-n-Shake website didn't show their new location at I-40?MacArthur either.

Quote Originally Posted by redrunner View Post
    So is IKEA coming to OKC or not? That's all I want to know.
    From what I gather from the postings, your answer is, YES/NO/MAYBE.

19. Default re: IKEA coming to OKC?

It's a no. We're far too close to the Dallas store for them to open one any time soon. Take a look at their store map.....before Denver opened, there were ZERO stores between Dallas and Canada, and basically Chicago to Salt Lake (throw in Minneapolis for a curved line).

So in that area you're skipping St Louis, Kansas City, Nashville, Memphis, Omaha, etc. So cities larger or equal in size still don't have a store. And with our primity to Dallas' store (which is even on the far north side of Dallas out in the far-extended burbs), we don't stand a chance. It's smarter business for them to let the traffic drive from OKC to DAL than to open a store. All they have to do is look at zip codes of their customers to know if it's worth opening a store or not. They've done that all over the US, so it's not like they are unfamiliar on the plan...we're just not on the radar yet.

20. Default re: IKEA coming to OKC?

There is a huge banner on an anchor building at Crossroads Mall saying IKEA COMING SOON. :-O

Across the street from the Zombie Lair I suppose?

22. Default re: IKEA coming to OKC?

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWestOKC View Post
    Across the street from the Zombie Lair I suppose?
    Its on the east side! Trying to remember... There was a sports store or something there previously. Go look!

This thread won't die will it? Not happening and if someone put a sign up at crossroads then they are playing a joke. I've said this several times in this thread , ikea officials have stated they will only open a store in a metro area with 2million+ people. We are not there, end of thread.

Really, with the exception of the fact that IKEA carries kitchen cabinets, CB2 has a similar vibe and might be easier to lure here. I'm not sure I'd want their kitchen cabinets anyway since I suspect there's particle board in there somewhere. I once had a pipe break while I was out of town in a kitchen with cabinets containing particle board and they swelled up like.....don't want to get too graphic here. Suffice it to say, the cabinets were completely destroyed and had to be replaced. I would never buy a cabinet that wasn't solid wood again.

25. Default re: IKEA coming to OKC?

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    This thread won't die will it? Not happening and if someone put a sign up at crossroads then they are playing a joke. I've said this several times in this thread , ikea officials have stated they will only open a store in a metro area with 2million+ people. We are not there, end of thread.
    Just teasing everyone here. :-)

Thread Information