Widgets Magazine
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Kroger

Default Re: Kroger

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    Kroger and Albertsons together huh? Maybe Albertsons is doing better and has better prices in other markets, but I'm not sure why anyone would want that brand.

This isn't a direct topic, but related. So we'll see if Kroger ends up ever making a brick-and-mortar here, but what do you think about H.E.B? If you haven't been to one of those yet, man.....forget Kroger.
    I have a colleague who works with H.E.B.management. OKC isn't on their radar.

Quote Originally Posted by oktxatty View Post
    And they won't be. They are just now hitting DFW.

Quote Originally Posted by oktxatty View Post
    They use selective market utlilization. Keeps them cool and desirable to certain markets. If you compare okc and their existing markets.okc is the odd man out. Like an overall clad hillbilly on wallstreet. We do not fit in

I’m pretty sure HEB is just a TX thing. If we want an HEB we’re going to have to
    Come up with our own version. I’ll get to work on that as soon as I win the lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    And they won't be. They are just now hitting DFW.
    It’s the same thing as IN n Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    They use selective market utlilization. Keeps them cool and desirable to certain markets. If you compare okc and their existing markets.okc is the odd man out. Like an overall clad hillbilly on wallstreet. We do not fit in
    Oh, ok. Glad you have a read on everything. Thank goodness Ryan is here to tell us that. But Fort Worth, with their Stockyards and everything they have, are just the uber-cool kids. Got it. Same with Collin County and their crazy soccer moms. OKC has neither of those, and therefore isn't cool. Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    I’m pretty sure HEB is just a TX thing. If we want an HEB we’re going to have to
    Come up with our own version. I’ll get to work on that as soon as I win the lottery.
    Honestly think that the three (soon to be four) newest Crest locations are pretty close to HEB quality. I will continue to keep my fingers crossed that Crest remains locally-owned and doesn't get bought out by Kroger/Albertsons.

Lubbock has one so there's go the theory of cool and desirable market lol.

Shhhh, Ryan thinks OK and OKC are basically Hicks and country-bumpkins. He doesn't believe anywhere else has them.

They have one in lampasas too and it’s been there forever. Lubbock is an Alright little town. There’s plenty to do. It’s got it’s own little scene going on there

I think okc is doing ok. The state of Oklahoma does have some serious problems and yes being in Oklahoma has been a deal breaker for various industries and amenities(H-E-B would be a massive get) that tbh OKC or tulsa would have easily competed for had we been in a better reputable state. A lot of people don’t actually know where Oklahoma is or have any real knowledge about it. Then you get a genuinely jabroni like sally kern or Nathan Dahm making the news.or a statewide adult illiteracy up at 25%
    That would be a conversation stopper for a lot of people.,

Any criticism I’ve made are valid

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    Shhhh, Ryan thinks OK and OKC are basically Hicks and country-bumpkins. He doesn't believe anywhere else has them.
    I’ve heard of Bakersfield before. And without our basketball team we’re not far off. Just don’t have the palm trees

Sshhh Don’t tell chef Gordon Ramsey how backwoods we are.

Sshhh Don’t tell chef Gordon Ramsey how backwoods we are.
    Keep him. I’d skin someone alive to get Danny Bowien back

I think okc is doing ok. The state of Oklahoma does have some serious problems and yes being in Oklahoma has been a deal breaker for various industries and amenities(H-E-B would be a massive get) that tbh OKC or tulsa would have easily competed for had we been in a better reputable state. A lot of people don’t actually know where Oklahoma is or have any real knowledge about it. Then you get a genuinely jabroni like sally kern or Nathan Dahm making the news.or a statewide adult illiteracy up at 25%
    That would be a conversation stopper for a lot of people.,
    H-E-B? Heck Oklahoma can't even land a Buc-ee's

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Might as well fold our tents and head home. The party is over.

I disagree the interstate set up alone warrants consideration. That said. They are already in the Nashville area, Louisville are and Atlanta . I don’t know why they haven’t branched north yet

I disagree the interstate set up alone warrants consideration. That said. They are already in the Nashville area, Louisville are and Atlanta . I don’t know why they haven’t branched north yet
    They have announced future locations north. Both Missouri and Colorado. Virginia is also mentioned.

They have announced future locations north. Both Missouri and Colorado. Virginia is also mentioned.
    That’s depressing

Gawd Buc-ee’s is at the bottom of the retail wish list. It’s not a flex.

22. Default Re: Kroger

HEB does have stores in Mexico too. If you haven't ever been in one....they're just a really good grocery store. It's like Sprouts and Crest had a baby. The prices are fair, but the variety of specialty items and really good stuff is just awesome.

As for Buccees, they're in other southern states like Alabama and Louisiana. They're just a big gas station folks. I know it has this cult following and all, but at the end of the day, it's just a very large gas station that takes up a ridiculous amount of space. Which means they also can't build as many of them without saturating their market. Would you rather have one big Buccees or 5 OnCues? For me, i'll stick with OnCue. I want the local element of the gas station rather than the size. We're not hurting for places to eat or to buy random merch.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    HEB does have stores in Mexico too. If you haven't ever been in one....they're just a really good grocery store. It's like Sprouts and Crest had a baby. The prices are fair, but the variety of specialty items and really good stuff is just awesome.

As for Buccees, they're in other southern states like Alabama and Louisiana. They're just a big gas station folks. I know it has this cult following and all, but at the end of the day, it's just a very large gas station that takes up a ridiculous amount of space. Which means they also can't build as many of them without saturating their market. Would you rather have one big Buccees or 5 OnCues? For me, i'll stick with OnCue. I want the local element of the gas station rather than the size. We're not hurting for places to eat or to buy random merch.
    H-E-B is actually the best grocery store I’ve ever been too. They storemade tortillas are excellent. The selection at the superstores surpasses any wholesale distributer I’ve visited. I have routinely spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars (even when just popping in for incidental purchases) on stuff that I only realized I need when in the store.,I love H-E-B more than I claim to hate Wichita and that says a lot coming from me

24. Default Re: Kroger

Agreed. Every time I go in one, I end up with more than I planned because it just looks so damned good.

I also know someone in HEB management. Per him, a property has already been purchased in Ardmore for a HEB to be built there in 2030. If HEB is going to expand into Oklahoma, from a supply chain standpoint, Ardmore makes sense as a first location.

Thread Information