Widgets Magazine
Page 117 of 488 FirstFirst ... 1767112113114115116117118119120121122167217 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,925 of 12187

Thread: Devon Energy Center

Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    On the elevator cores, I've noticed that usually the NE one is the one that they build up to the next level first and rotate clockwise around the floor span to the other two. Today, though, it looks as if the S core is going up first...
    It would be nice if this forum could get one of the guys who works down there to join us and give us some assistance on why they do things they do...wouldn't that be interesting...

Why isn't the concrete pump on the south core pumping on the elevator core and why is it standing like that?

On the elevator cores, I've noticed that usually the NE one is the one that they build up to the next level first and rotate clockwise around the floor span to the other two. Today, though, it looks as if the S core is going up first...
    They are working clockwise, they already poured one side of the NE core which was needed before they can pour the SE 1/3 of the floor. The southern 1/3 of the floor will be poured last so the other side of the NE core wasn't a priority until now.

It looks like the mezzanine floor wasn't as tall because they didn't use the standard outer core forms. They had to build new outer forms from scratch.

I think once they get past this floor things should significantly pick up in speed and will go even faster once their past the floors that are connected to the atrium/rotunda.

Quote Originally Posted by Troypin View Post
    Why isn't the concrete pump on the south core pumping on the elevator core and why is it standing like that?
    I don't know why their still using the mobile concrete booms. Maybe they haven't connected all the equipment for the stationary boom yet. The actual concrete "pump" for this boom will be at ground level somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    They are working clockwise, they already poured one side of the NE core which was needed before they can pour the SE 1/3 of the floor. The southern 1/3 of the floor will be poured last so the other side of the NE core wasn't a priority until now.

It looks like the mezzanine floor wasn't as tall because they didn't use the standard outer core forms. They had to build new outer forms from scratch.

I think once they get past this floor things should significantly pick up in speed and will go even faster once their past the floors that are connected to the atrium/rotunda.
    Yes, I did note that they are working clockwise. As far as the 3rd? Floor goes, they have not started pouring concrete on the eastern side of it. If you look closely at the cam shot, you can still see where they're tying the steel reinforcements in between the outside of the building and the elevator cores. The mini 2nd floor has been poured, yes.

As far as getting past this floor, from what I understand reading older posts is that the next floor or two will be just like this one, but come probably early July, we should start seeing the floors rise with more speed. Can't wait for that! And if you think about that rate of one floor per week, that would be 48+ more weeks which is nowhere near the end of the year for this thing being topped out. I think we're looking at about March of next year before they go interior.
    Last edited by OKCisOK4me; 06-03-2010 at 03:35 PM. Reason: had to add a few more thoughts...

BTW, Devon has a poster in the lobby of their building talking about the construction and it clearly states that the floor curently under construction is the 3rd floor and the 'mini' floor is the 2nd floor.

Yes, I did note that they are working clockwise. As far as the 3rd? Floor goes, they have not started pouring concrete on the eastern side of it. If you look closely at the cam shot, you can still see where they're tying the steel reinforcements in between the outside of the building and the elevator cores. The mini 2nd floor has been poured, yes.
    Yes, I was just saying that they needed to have the core walls that support this section of the 3rd floor done before they can start tying rebar and pouring concrete.
    The other half of the the NE core is being poured right now so its inner core forms will be lifted up to the next level in a couple of days.

To me it looks like the floors past the third floor are "almost" normal floors except for where they connect to the atrium/rotunda and podium building. They definitely don't look as complex as the first floor which had a large ceiling. I don't think there are any more mezzanine floors. They won't be at their fastest pace, but it should be a little bit faster.

Are they still building at 2 in the morning?!? It looks a little taller! lol.

Unless my eyes are deceiving me, looks like the south core is going up again.

Good progress being made on the north structure as well.

Quote Originally Posted by diggyba View Post
    Are they still building at 2 in the morning?!? It looks a little taller! lol.
    There's 3 separate 8 hour shifts and they work 24/7 my friend...

I was right - hello 3rd story!

Quote Originally Posted by ourulz2000 View Post
    I was right - hello 3rd story!
    Then, I'm going to have to congratulate my post #1669 for making the same observation

Does anyone know if the parking structure that is directly north of the Tower will be made any higher...the dove-tailed walls at the top look like they may be added onto, or is it the finished height now?

Quote Originally Posted by jmarkross View Post
    Does anyone know if the parking structure that is directly north of the Tower will be made any higher...the dove-tailed walls at the top look like they may be added onto, or is it the finished height now?
    It is not going to get any bigger. The west garage was built with the possibility of adding up to five more stories. Also, the west garage is now owned by Devon exclusively the other garage is city owned.

Ok so I think I have the schedule for the construction site down.

Monday-Saturday daylight hours, they work on the tower podium ect. like putting down rebar, pouring concrete, raising elavtor cores and thangs like that.

Monday-Saturday nighttime hours, they work on pluming, electicity, fabercating, ect.

Sunday- doesn't look like they work on Sunday.

16. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by Troypin View Post
    Sunday- doesn't look like they work on Sunday.
    How dare they don't work on Sunday!!!

Found this pic of an old Postcard...what is the building to the left of the Colcord??? Looks like a twin...?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Colcord Bldg. 1909.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	79.5 KB 
ID:	491  

18. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

I have the same postcard (I've collected downtown OKC for years). That is actually an artist's rendering rather than a photograph, which was not uncommon. I think it was probably BASED on a photograph however. Anyway, the part to the left is a never-realized west wing of the building. It was originally envisioned with the second, west tower, which was never built.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    How dare they don't work on Sunday!!!
    They actually do work on Sunday. They stripped the forms off the core, and moved the inner forms to the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    I have the same postcard (I've collected downtown OKC for years). That is actually an artist's rendering rather than a photograph, which was not uncommon. I think it was probably BASED on a photograph however. Anyway, the part to the left is a never-realized west wing of the building. It was originally envisioned with the second, west tower, which was never built.
    Yes...some further research led me to the same conclusion...and the records seem to say the building was built in 1910 (some say 1912) and the card has 1909...so it must have been a proposal...explains the oddball west rear side of the building that never quite fit in...was supposed to be at the center of twins...someone just sawed-off half and built it anyway...peculiar, I think...

Maybe the Devon Tower--at long last--IS the west tower...originally and--with extended foresight--envisioned over 100 years ago...and it may give the Colcord another 100 years of life! Ironic...

Their about to start pouring the first section of the third floor.

Looks like its been done. I like how you can now see more definition with the edges of the building, as the column support isn't on that triangular edge.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Their about to start pouring the first section of the third floor.
    I think it will be called the 2nd floor though, since we already established the "2nd floor" will be a Mezzanine level.

Also does anyone know what the smaller building to the north of the tower is? I assume that will be the Colcord's new convention/business meeting building?

Hi there! I'm very glad that in the OKC will be so impressive building like a Devon Tower. Maybe anyone of you knows that I create my own scale model of downtown OKC. But I have one trouble: I need some photos of parking (see my map) which i'll create. Arrows showing the position of shooting

Thanks!

Thread Information