Widgets Magazine
Page 110 of 486 FirstFirst ... 1060105106107108109110111112113114115160210 ... LastLast
Results 2,726 to 2,750 of 12127

Thread: Devon Energy Center

Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Wow - some serious work going on at the gardens today. Good view from the Devon cam.

Good pics Lauri101...especially the "cat rescue."

Great close-up shots, ndmoore! Thanks...

I was wondering where the dock ramp was gonna be. Thanks Lauri101!

super pics, ndmoore!

thanks all - between our different vantage points, we've almost got the 360 degrees covered!

Will the concrete trucks use the dock ramp to access the stationary concrete pump that will eventually be installed on the tower?

Or will the pump be located at street level.

Wow,how high do you all think that scafolding is?

Quote Originally Posted by dmoor82 View Post
    Wow,how high do you all think that scafolding is?
    Hopefully, not at all.
    If they're going to drug test the workers, then they should drug test the scaffolds as well.

It's amazing, the higher floor they are working on right now (tallest scaffolding) seems pretty tall right now, but it is barely off the ground when looking at the renderings. It is the first floor on top of the exposed exterior columns and is the shelf floor.

I don't think any of us fully comprehend the scale of this. This thing is going to be HUGE!

I could not agree more Sky. I can't wait until later this summer when floors go up a week at a time. It's so cool to see it documented on here.

Default Devon plans new auditorium to anchor corner

Devon Energy unveils auditorium plans

Devon Energy unveiled plans Thursday for a 285-seat auditorium that will overlook a new courtyard and the adjoining 50-story new office tower that will become the company’s headquarters.

BY STEVE LACKMEYER
    Published: May 21, 2010

Devon Energy Corp. unveiled plans Thursday for a 285-seat auditorium that will feature a 30-degree angled glass facade overlooking a new courtyard and the adjoining 50-story new office tower that will become the company’s headquarters.

Read more: NewsOK

Default Re: Devon plans new auditorium to anchor corner

That was an interesting article and am fine with it (it is Devon's money and they aren't pulling a SandRidge to do it).

The only thing I would find disconcerting as an audience member seeing out behind the speaker/performer like that. Along the lines of the morning news shows with their "window on the world" behind the newscasters. It can be distracting. And yes, just as on the morning news shows they will have curtains to bring up when needed.

sooooo wut??... People just sit in the auditorium and stare at people outside in the courtyard?

^^^
    LOL, you are making it sound like some sort of experimental theater...the audience stares at the folks outside and the outsiders can stare at the audience...can see where you might think it though, if you look closely at the pic in the Oklahoman link, there is a pianist on stage.

Devon Energy unveils auditorium plans

Devon Energy unveiled plans Thursday for a 285-seat auditorium that will overlook a new courtyard and the adjoining 50-story new office tower that will become the company’s headquarters.

BY STEVE LACKMEYER
    Published: May 21, 2010
    Devon Energy Corp. unveiled plans Thursday for a 285-seat auditorium that will feature a 30-degree angled glass facade overlooking a new courtyard and the adjoining 50-story new office tower that will become the company’s headquarters.

Read the rest of Steve's article at:
    NewsOK

16. Default Re: Devon plans new auditorium to anchor corner

I'd be interested in seeing some elevations from Hudson..looked like a huge blank wall. But it's like Larry said, they can do whatever they want at this point, not just because they're not pulling a SandRidge in order to get it off, but I think they've built up enough urban design respect that they are pretty much above any criticism I might ever be able to come up with. Still wish there could be some more facade ornamentation against Hudson, but I'm not complaining. Looks cool I guess.

I think its orientation toward the small park planned in front will be a positive thing as hopefully it will be a good connector for pedestrians between the sidewalk along Hudson and that park.

Blog Entries

OMG. Devon is building a big green space on their campus. And they tore down a bunch of buildings to make room for it. People should be screaming. Plus, they are building a Rand Elliott type structure of all things. Where are all the protesters? (Sarcasm intended )

Devon is building a truly world class corporate center. I love their challenge to the rest of the companies in OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    I'd be interested in seeing some elevations from Hudson..looked like a huge blank wall. But it's like Larry said, they can do whatever they want at this point, not just because they're not pulling a SandRidge in order to get it off, but I think they've built up enough urban design respect that they are pretty much above any criticism I might ever be able to come up with. Still wish there could be some more facade ornamentation against Hudson, but I'm not complaining. Looks cool I guess.

I think its orientation toward the small park planned in front will be a positive thing as hopefully it will be a good connector for pedestrians between the sidewalk along Hudson and that park.
    Totally agree. I'm stoked for Devon, but concerned that Hudson will now be a superblock, like the Cox Convention Center is, hate to have two megablocks so close to the park. Not complaining, but wish they would have been a little more forward thinking and had retail space on the ground floor of the parking garage and auditorium facing Hudson.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    OMG. Devon is building a big green space on their campus. And they tore down a bunch of buildings to make room for it. People should be screaming. Plus, they are building a Rand Elliott type structure of all things. Where are all the protesters? (Sarcasm intended )

Devon is building a truly world class corporate center. I love their challenge to the rest of the companies in OKC.
    No actually they tore down an underused at grade parking lot, no buildings. On top of that, they are adding 4 buildings, PLUS making the parking structure 5 stories taller, they made the site more URBAN. Sandridge is making their block more SUBURBAN (ala demolition). #FAIL

Here's a rendering for the auditorium:

So will the new auditorium sit on the NE corner of Hudson and Sheridan and face east?

and the interior

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    and the interior
    Would it not be better visually for The occupants inside The Auditorium,if The glass were not inverted inward,but outward and upward to have an impressive view of The tower right infront of it?

23. Default Re: Devon plans new auditorium to anchor corner

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    OMG. Devon is building a big green space on their campus. And they tore down a bunch of buildings to make room for it..
    Um, no, they didn't tear down any buildings at all. It was a parking lot.

Confused...

I thought the auditorium was in the plans long ago. That little round thingy on the far west end of the site? This isn't news, but it'll still be pretty neat.

Yes, let's take away from the performing artist...

Thread Information