Widgets Magazine
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: The Citizen

Default Re: The Citizen

As always, thanks for the great pics. A great project.
    In that first picture the survivor tree looks very cold.

The Citizen drone view https://youtu.be/tipO1FBpsdE

The removal of the tower crane begins tomorrow. They will be closing 5th street and likely Robinson and bringing in a large track crane with the removal going into the weekend. Should be interesting to watch.

^ Thanks!

It looks like the building is now completely enclosed

Pete...I think it is except for the section where the construction elevator is located.

Very nice addition to downtown. Great pic Pete!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    It’s only faintly visible in this pic. But on the north side, 11th floor, the 6th window from the right is a completely different color from the rest of the windows. From street level it really sticks out. In this pic, it just looks a bit darker. But it has a more green green cast then the others. I’m surprised they didn’t catch it.

9. Default Re: The Citizen

maybe a kitchen floor (with vents)? or mechanical.

BancFirst Tower has a similar floor (halfway up, half of the floor on the East face is a vented mechanical)
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Will there be an entrance directly in the building from the parking garage or will you have to go down to the ground floor to get in?

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Will there be an entrance directly in the building from the parking garage or will you have to go down to the ground floor to get in?
    Yes, I think there are entrances at two different levels directly from the parking garage.

12. Default Re: The Citizen

This may be further up thread, but I heard that UMB will be taking some of the office space here.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    This may be further up thread, but I heard that UMB will be taking some of the office space here.
    Yes they are.

My understanding is the building is fully leased except for the ground floor, which they want to reserve for restaurant and retail space.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    I wonder if that means they will move from the City Place tower downtown? That has a branch, so they might keep it and move all offices up the street.

How many floors of the current tower are they taking up? If they all move, maybe that will open the door for the tower to be converted to residential/hotel like their neighbors.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    How many floors of the current tower are they taking up? If they all move, maybe that will open the door for the tower to be converted to residential/hotel like their neighbors.
    the top 7 floors are condos already ..

12 other floors are privately owned ..

With the support columns built to encase the mechanical floor, maybe the intent would be to add more floors down the road. ?
    I would think no but seeing the columns above the top floor has me wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    the top 7 floors are condos already ..

12 other floors are privately owned ..
    Yea the penthouses are cool, but I am talking about normal units on the rest.

19. Default Re: The Citizen

^^^^^^^^^
    That building is zoned so that no other residential can be added. This was a part of the development agreement with the owners of the residential condos, in order to preserve the value of their units. Much of the rest of the building is already ALSO condos, although these are office condos, not residential (per zoning restrictions). And the building is quite occupied. There are plenty of other buildings downtown that would make great residential conversions, including the ones already underway at The Harlow.

City Place just needs some first national type lighting to bring it alive

21. Default Re: The Citizen

glad to hear City Place is that occupied. I (probably like others) was thinking it was pretty vacant.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

22. Default Re: The Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    I wonder if that means they will move from the City Place tower downtown? That has a branch, so they might keep it and move all offices up the street.
    UMB occupies most of the 2nd floor of City Place, if I recall correctly. I worked there years ago and the bank used to have 15-20 people on their commercial team who officed there, as well as a trust department with 3-5 people. Their commercial presence in Oklahoma City has decreased quite a bit over the past 10 years, though.

And that huge retail branch of theirs on the 1st floor is overkill too. It rarely did much business and the place was like a tomb most days.

23. Default Re: The Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    ...Their commercial presence in Oklahoma City has decreased quite a bit over the past 10 years, though...
    That's because they absolutely suck for commercial. Signed, a FORMER commercial customer of UMB.

Sorry, I work very hard not to be negative here or on social media, and generally succeed. But that was one of my earliest commercial banking relationships, and we moved on - very frustratedly - circa 2008. They had absorbed our previous bank in the early aughts, and we rode it out for a few years, but eventually dumped them in favor of an excellent banking relationship we still enjoy as a primary one to this day. Community banks are the only way to go for small business.

24. Default Re: The Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    That's because they absolutely suck for commercial. Signed, a FORMER commercial customer of UMB.

Sorry, I work very hard not to be negative here or on social media, and generally succeed. But that was one of my earliest commercial banking relationships, and we moved on - very frustratedly - circa 2008. They had absorbed our previous bank in the early aughts, and we rode it out for a few years, but eventually dumped them in favor of an excellent banking relationship we still enjoy as a primary one to this day. Community banks are the only way to go for small business.
    Oh, I agree with you in all respects regarding UMB! That bank was a horrible place to work, had a revolving door in the market president position, and generally sucked.

I assume you used to bank at Stockyards Bank?

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post

I agree. Signed, a FORMER employee of UMB...

Thread Information